PDA

View Full Version : I am so not getting out of this one

ReloadPsi
10-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Just now I've had a confused Yuffie toss a Megalixir at Safer Sephiroth, thanks to Super Nova. It's now perfectly clear that I'm not going to win this fight, and it's quite an embarrassing way to die as it was my last one and I'm playing an initial equipment/no additional Materia challenge.

Please tell us about your embarrassing deaths in the FF games.

Edit: After completing this post, Yuffie proceeded to wipe out my own party members. Even more embarrassing.

Vivisteiner
10-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Vivi was my only character left, and Kuja casted reflect on himself. Since Vivi had reflectx2 equipped, I thought that if I casted flare on Kuja it would bounce off him, then off Vivi and then onto Kuja again.

I was wrong, and Vivi ended up comitting suicide. :(

Tallulah
10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
I spent too much time p!$$ing around with trying to dispatch Tonberries in the Centra Ruins, and ended up getting the Zantetsuken treatment from Odin in FFVIII. :eep:

blackmage_nuke
10-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I was fighting an enemy in FFXII and began running away only to realise too late that i forgot to press the shoulder buttons

leader of mortals
10-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Wild saurian... I thought I could survive 1 hit and if it was too much I was wrong. I think I was hit for 9999 damage at my level 4:(

demondude
10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Penelo got confused and destroyed basch and balthier with her little dagger.

Northcrest
10-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Bathier, Fran, and Ashe i was running around with. All of a sudden Ashe and Fran run off. I thought they were fighting some sorth of weak wolf so i left them. I look on the top of the screen and see that they were attacking an entite. Both characters die (lvl 10-15 don't remember). Didn't know where it was coming from then I got hit by thundara and... well u know the rest.

Pete for President
10-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Dark Valefor... oof... I tried to beat her countless times without ultimate weapons or even reasonable stats on my first playthrough, but no succes. Oh how ignorant I was.

Kenshin IV
10-22-2007, 04:00 AM
It was really more of an embarrassment for the guy I was fighting. The first time I fought Necron in Final Fantasy IX, he killed three of my four guys, and raged Vivi before I got a chance to revive anyone. I ended up winning that fight.

leader of mortals
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
It was really more of an embarrassment for the guy I was fighting. The first time I fought Necron in Final Fantasy IX, he killed three of my four guys, and raged Vivi before I got a chance to revive anyone. I ended up winning that fight.

Now that takes skill:D

I also was owned by a dive talon in two hits, trying to get the burning bow before I have Balthier and Fran(I am level 44 without either of them now... and I couldn't win)

Hazzard
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
When Dark Valefor wiped out my entire party in a matter of seconds...

Hyperion4444
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Beating Omega Weapon with only Angel Wing while party dead.
Suffered Ambarasing Defeats??
Nah, just not realising Defend Blocks Omega's Terra break.

leader of mortals
10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
When I was running from Sochen(Hell wyrm is too powerful) and I forgot to heal my main party... and I was being an idiot, running into a trap just to kill me useless reserve team for the fun of it... and I realized I was screwed when I have an immobilized, stopped, and petrified basch... I dont run into traps on purpose anymore.

Mo-Nercy
10-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Wakka was confused and he had a weapon with Stonestrike on it. Petrified my party and then killed himself.

This other death isn't in-battle. There's this bit in FF8 when you're escaping the Desert Prison and Squall's hanging off the edge of one of the bridges. I found out that hard way that you can actually die if you move the wrong way. =]

arcanedude34
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
FFX- All characters confused with incredibly high evasion and evade and counter... took forever for the inevitable to happen. The funny thing was, this was in one of the training grid things at shops.

Zeromus_X
08-25-2008, 11:59 PM
I remember I was playing FFVIII and I had Death junctioned to Irvine's attacks. The party was then ambushed by a Malboro that confused and berserked the party. I could only watch helplessly as Irvine headshot his two partners and proceeded to commit suicide.

Needless to say the next time I fought a Malboro, I came better prepared.

08-26-2008, 01:14 AM
I've got one. The embarrassing part is more on my personal screw-up rather than something dumb a party member did, or trying to fight something while underleveled. No, this is worse. It was my third play-through of FF III (fan translated nes version) on an emulator. Of course I was using save-states to get through the last area, and no one who has played that game could possibly blame me. It's a very, very long dungeon with no place to save. Well, I make it through and I'm fighting the boss. He kills me. I go to load my last save state and, as you probably guessed by now, I accidentally hit save instead of load. No matter how many times I frantically hit load, all I see are two dead ninjas and two dead... what were those things? Shamans? Whatever they were, they were friggin' dead. I knew at that moment that it would be a long, long time before I played FFIII again. It has been years and I still have yet to. Shame too, that's a good game =( Come to think of it, I'll give it another shot soon.

Oh, wait, I've got a better one. On my first playthrough of FFVI I couldn't beat Wrexsoul. You know, the guy that one of the strategy guides calls the easiest boss in the game. I actually had to start a new playthrough because I couldn't get out of Doma castle without beating him, and I couldn't beat him because none of my party knew X-Zone and the magicite was on the airship with someone else. Yes, the easiest boss in the game owned me so bad that somewhere, in an alternate reality of the FFVI you know, Kefka was never defeated because the heroes are trapped with Wrexsoul. The easiest boss in the game.

PeneloRatsbane
08-26-2008, 10:24 AM
cloud, slash all materia got confused in i think the battle with the submarine loading arm.
Wiped out himself, Yuffie and Vincent in one swoop.
next attempt, Cloud dies, transform Vincent, arm picks up Yuffie. No conntrol and that dumb vamp messed it up big time.