PDA

View Full Version : School trips

Rye
10-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Talk about your favorite school trip you've been on.

My school's honors choir used to go to freaking England and Hawaii and stuff. Now we only do boring stuff, if that at all, but this year we're going to Disney in Florida, and I'm so excited, since I've never been there before! Ohhhh, my little toes are wiggling from anticipation. :kaohappy2

Tavrobel
10-19-2007, 02:24 AM
My field trips are often associated with traumatic experiences I'd rather not remember.

Bunny
10-19-2007, 02:27 AM
One time I went to a water filtration plant.

It was oodles of fun.

Rye
10-19-2007, 02:27 AM

It was oodles of fun.

That reminds me. I went to a french style chocolate factory once, it was delicious!

Ouch!
10-19-2007, 02:29 AM
My high school's choir goes almost every year to a competition in Vienna (and frequently wins various divisions). A couple years ago (two or three), the senior choir was the first American choir to perform in the Sydney Opera House. The choir is going to be part of the inauguration ceremony at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. There's some other things they've done that I've forgotten about.

The AP Physics C class goes to Disney World.

I did none of these things, although had I stuck with choir senior year, I'd be off to the Olympics. Actually, they asked if I wanted to go anyway. I said no. That was dumb.

Edit: My field trips sucked.

Bunny
10-19-2007, 02:30 AM

It was oodles of fun.

That reminds me. I went to a french style chocolate factory once, it was delicious!

Sure, rub your awesome field trips in my face. Thanks a lot, Rye. You are a horrible person.

Madame Adequate
10-19-2007, 02:35 AM
SNIBSTON DISCOVERY PARK REPRESENT, BEEYOTCHES!

Also went to London for a week.

Rye
10-19-2007, 02:35 AM

It was oodles of fun.

Sure, rub your awesome field trips in my face. Thanks a lot, Rye. You are a horrible person.

I went to Washington DC too and we ran around the place in the rain too! :love:

Namelessfengir
10-19-2007, 02:37 AM
my fav was new york city

rubah
10-19-2007, 02:42 AM
we had a band trip to World's of Fun in kansas city that was totally sweet. now they can't leave the state 8)

Jessweeee♪
10-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Hmm...probably in sixth grade when I saw The Wizard of Oz on stage with the Band and Choir (I was in both, even though I was an absolutely terrible singer. The kids gave me angry looks >.>)

My second favorite is in eighth grade when I went to Six Flags o:

Me and my friend went on all the kiddie rides! We went on the little shoe roller coaster and screamed 'cuz it was scary o:

mooglebunni608
10-19-2007, 03:43 AM
You are so LUCKY!

But school trips in my school were like, going to see Stuart Little in the movie theater. They were rather boring and restrictive- you had to stay with the group all the time. And I haven't been on one since 3rd grade ><

Rengori
10-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Six Flags.

The first roller coaster I ever rode on was the Mind Eraser. That was fucking awesome.

Araciel
10-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Science centers, Museums, Zoos.

Yea, I'm a nerd. So what?

Resha
10-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Our school does trips to uhm France, the USA, Africa (I forgot which country in Africa exactly -- Kenya?), Australia, the UK -- uhm, geez, pretty much everywhere. It's this thing called Discovery Week. It's crazzzzy. I went to the Hague on what could be considered a school trip. rawr ;D

Jess
10-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I would say that my favourite school trip was when we went to Thorpe Park. It was super-fun. :jess:

Zeldy
10-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Urm, my school dropped trips a few years ago when we had a different head master, as the school didn't want to be reliabe/too much hassle. They've been brought back now, but we don't do much. There's an enrichment day where we go to Alton Towers, and the younger years go to like a farm or something. Ive only been on year trips with school twice, both to Alton Towers :p

I think there's a Spanish and France trip, but Ive never been; they're usually over summer holidays. We do German exchange too with some school called Fritzlar, but again I never did.

Peegee
10-19-2007, 04:41 PM
In grade 10 the band went to Boston but I didn't go (back then we didn't develop grade 10s to be able to compete in the Kiwanis Music Festival).

In the following years (and this is honestly what we did):

- Grade 11: Nashville, Tennessee
- Grade 12: Jamaica
- Grade 13: Florida (yes we went to Disneyland/world)

The art students *could* go to Italy, but it was like a 3000$ trip. Not many people (like my brother) wanted to go.

Quindiana Jones
10-19-2007, 07:29 PM
I went to London for a weekend in Year 6. It was great because we got a picture taken outside No. 10. I was at the back, and rattied the door! REBALE!

MKusanagi
10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I went to private school trips. 'Nuff said.

Shlup
10-20-2007, 04:34 AM
Uhh... Maybe "The Mills" (a local mall). We had Krispy Kreme and went shopping. We were supposedly there for an animal exhbit in the mall basement, which was also cool.

I also enjoyed Sea World. I'm actually taking my students to Sea World soon.

My favorite is actually probably Grad Night at Disneyland. All night at Disneyland with only high school seniors? And my semi-new boyfriend? The line for Haunted Mansion covered by a haze from the pots? Funness.