PDA

View Full Version : If they did a remake...

TheUsualSuspect
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey, i've been gone for a while but im back! Back on topic...

I was just doing some randon searching seeing if there was anything about a FF7 Remake. So before we go into the abstract questions a few facts FF6 came out in 94 for SNES then a rm in 99 for PS1 and in 06 for GBA. So thats 5-12 years, if that were to be used for any sort of schema then FF7 would be hitting its 12 year cycle so a release could be possible. I personally think they would be saving a FF7 remake if and when the series starts flopping (keeping FF7 remake as a trump card so to say). Anyways, lets get on with the thread...

If they were to make a remake what would you like to see different or to what degree should they be allowed to alter the original game?
If you think the game is fine as is: is there perhaps somethings you would like to see cleaned up?
Please feel free to respond even if you have but a few ideas, I would really like to know what people would think about this, and heres some of my ideas...

+Gameplay Changes+
-ADD DIFFICULTY OPTIONS (Normal/Hard/INSANE!)
-Add a menu option to shorten summon time or maybe battle animation in general.
-Add a Beastiary (can be done in a variety of ways lets just compare to the FF VI remakes either in 2 sets or filled in as you go.)
-Maybe a little more organization when it comes to Chocobo Racing.
-I think the additional commands (Steal/Mug/Sense/Toss etc. could be cleaned up and maybe even condensed a little more). I am more than away of 'Master Command,' but I still feel that they could be condensed a little more.
-Maybe more controler Vibtration.

*Try to think of little things that were annoying. I know it's easy to get to think the gameplay was perfect, but for those of you who played Kingdom Hearts I and II, just look at the jump there. I was really impressed with how they optimized gameplay and trimmed away a lot of useless stuff from the original.*

Story Changes
-More background on Red XIII perhaps or his parents at least.
-I say do NOT revive Aries -- as much as I hated it, it made the story that much more intense.
-Try to make a little more sense and personability in the whole Corral incident and between Barett and his old town mates (thinking of Dyne in particular).
-Make a little more sense about Reeve the turk. I played FF7 like 5-6 times and I still wonder a bit about him.
-Find Marlene and Aeries mom before that final video to give some more character development.
-Add Vincent and Yuffie to the final video if they are found.
-Definatly alot more on Zack.
-And what about a Jenova perspective -- there should be :skull::skull::skull::skull: like where Cloud has Jenova flashbacks or something. That would be cool to see Jenova fighting Ancients or something.

Don't know where this stands
-Update the graphics? What I mean by this is get rid of most of the block shapping but I don't know what you guys might think about this. It goes hand and hand with FF7, but if they did a good job of smoothing it out would you really miss it?

That's it for now, I would like to know what people think. Let a few of my ideas serve as some examples, I can add more as time goes on.

cloud21zidane16
10-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree with some of your ideas such as having the option to make summons shorter

i also think that.........

clean up the graphics a bit but only mainly for the characters
add vincent and yuffie in fmvs if you find them
keep the battle system as it is
Make Tseng as a boss battle somewhere,even if he is just added into one of the existing battles
a little bit more of Reeve and Scarlet but not too much;)
more sidequests:)
more about zack and the past but make it optional, also make it so they are harder to find, more secretive:rolleyes2
make us work a bit harder to get the characters ultimate weapons
add in so you have to fight diamand weapon at junon,even if it is easy as ultimate weapon it would be fun:cool:
dont edit the mistakes like "this guy are sick" because thats a memorable moment:p

thats about it, welcome back by the way:D

ReloadPsi
10-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Go to the board and write 100 times:

I will check other threads before posting my own. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/109437-ign-final-fantasy-vii-remake-chatter.html)

Then take into account what Squeenix said about animating Cait Sith's giant toy mog, and also the thought og the gay bath house scene in AC graphics.

Xear
10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I could understand maybe wanting to have ff7 in better graphics. But messing with anything but the graphics would be raping a clasic.... sorry but it would be.

I know the game FF7 isnt perfect, but its still good. Why not leave it to rest in peace? :)

Elly
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
the only thing i'd really want besides better graphics is that battle music to be abolished, there's nothing i hate more in a game than walking across the world map enjoying the music soaking in the atmosphere then BAM! loud annoying battle music, or during a somber moment that's followed by a big fight, you have the nice sad music then as soon as the enemy shows, it's back to that blaring annoying music again to ruin the mood, at least on FF XII they got that right and did away with the Battle Music as far as i can tell, and when i played it i was like "now this is how it should be no radical changes in music just cuz you're in a fight", honestly the sudden changes in music (especialy the onslaught of battle theme) kill the atmosphere for me... i have felt this way about this subject since i first played FF VII when it first came out, and honestly wish all games would lose the intrusive battle themes... this is only for standard battles not Boss Battles as Boss Fights seem to have good battle thems tied directly to them...

blackmage_nuke
10-19-2007, 01:30 PM
They didnt really remake ff6 they just ported it to other platforms with some retranslation, so it was pretty much just really easy to do and a quick way to earn a few extra Yen.

Remaking the ff7 however with better graphics would take a considerably longer time, cost alot more money and alot more effort.

The only thing i'd want changed is some censoring taken out

Nifleheim7
10-19-2007, 03:00 PM

I will check other threads before posting my own. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/109437-ign-final-fantasy-vii-remake-chatter.html)

Lol,QFT!:D

the only thing i'd really want besides better graphics is that battle music to be abolished, there's nothing i hate more in a game than walking across the world map enjoying the music soaking in the atmosphere then BAM! loud annoying battle music, or during a somber moment that's followed by a big fight, you have the nice sad music then as soon as the enemy shows, it's back to that blaring annoying music again to ruin the mood, at least on FF XII they got that right and did away with the Battle Music as far as i can tell, and when i played it i was like "now this is how it should be no radical changes in music just cuz you're in a fight", honestly the sudden changes in music (especialy the onslaught of battle theme) kill the atmosphere for me... i have felt this way about this subject since i first played FF VII when it first came out, and honestly wish all games would lose the intrusive battle themes... this is only for standard battles not Boss Battles as Boss Fights seem to have good battle thems tied directly to them...

Hmm,personally i don't think it could work.I can't imagine walking in a field,listening at a mellow theme,then fight a random battle with the same mellow theme.It really depends on what kind of emotion the main (world) theme is expressing and if it fits with the general mood of the characters at that particular time in the story.
For example,i liked what they did in FFX when the group was heading to Zanarkad and the main theme continued playing through the battles,but i would hate it if at Calm lands the same music continued through the battles.What i'm trying to say is that it could work only for some special moments in the game but not at all times.
FFXII didn't have random battles so the composer had this in mind from the start when he composed the world themes and that's why it fitted so nicely.

TheUsualSuspect
10-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Then take into account what Squeenix said about animating Cait Sith's giant toy mog, and also the thought og the gay bath house scene in AC graphics.

This thread is more what should be changed IF they did a remake rather that IF they are going to do a remake or not. I believe that if they were to do a remake they would need to set up a forum or something similar to deal with fan input. I'm just trying to see what are some of the things people would want to see, IF a remake were to occur, back on topic...

I'm surpised no1 jumped at the Difficulty Idea -- I fellt that with very few exceptions (Temple of the Ancients is the only thing that ever gave me a hard time) that the game was kind of easy. I'm gonna go back to FF6 as an example; I was really impressed with the little features they added to the game (4 new summons, Dragons Den, cleaning out somethings). Granted it would take much more effort and consideration but I think the same could be done to FF7. Again just wondering what other Final Fans are thinking about this.

One thing I remembered, maybe a little more clarifcation on what exactly happened to Nibelheim -- More info on the Shin-ra cover up with all paid people pretending to be the town's people? And what about the REAL Cloud back then -- there could be a little more info or flashbacks about that, maybe something eluding to a father figure (Was his mom the town whore who just got knocked up? I donno :p . As I stated earlier I think they would keep a FF7 remake as a trump card when and IF they do it.

I could see it now the Square executives all sitting around the table...'Gentlemen our stock has gone down 30%, we need to pull out the trump card.' The rest of the board gasps in shock as the start to mutter to each other. The vice president and president both pull out a little key off their keychain, insert them into the control pannel and turn it at the same time. The middle of the table opens and inside is a little Subway napkin with coffiee stains on it, on in it written is 'Plan B: FF7 Remake.' "BEHOLD, the holy parchment' says the president...or something like that.:p

Slothy
10-20-2007, 01:09 PM
IF they did a remake, the only thing I'd want is a localization that doesn't suck. I started playing through again a while ago and I had honestly forgotten how much the localization sucked. It makes Advent Children look like Shakespeare.

ReloadPsi
10-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm surpised no1 jumped at the Difficulty Idea -- I fellt that with very few exceptions (Temple of the Ancients is the only thing that ever gave me a hard time) that the game was kind of easy. I'm gonna go back to FF6 as an example; I was really impressed with the little features they added to the game (4 new summons, Dragons Den, cleaning out somethings). Granted it would take much more effort and consideration but I think the same could be done to FF7. Again just wondering what other Final Fans are thinking about this.

This does make perfect sense as there's been plenty of extra crap thrown into the first six games.

Hyperion4444
10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Makes Aeris death optinal or do not even put her there if she is going to die anyway.
You are just leveling up a character for nothing.
Kind of pointless if ask me.

Slothy
10-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Makes Aeris death optinal or do not even put her there if she is going to die anyway.
You are just leveling up a character for nothing.
Kind of pointless if ask me.

If they took out her death, the game would lose most of what little emotional impact it had. If you don't want to level her for nothing then don't use her. Besides, character levels periodically average out anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Xear
10-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Anyway isnt death fictional or real supose to show inconveniance? Her death illustrated so many points, and made Sethirith all that more evil :)

Mercen-X
10-20-2007, 11:44 PM
+Gameplay Changes+
-ADD DIFFICULTY OPTIONS (Normal/Hard/INSANE!) :thumb:
-Add a menu option to shorten summon time or maybe battle animation in general. :thumb:
-Add a Beastiary (can be done in a variety of ways lets just compare to the FF VI remakes either in 2 sets or filled in as you go.) :thumb:
-Maybe a little more organization when it comes to Chocobo Racing. :thumb:
-I think the additional commands (Steal/Mug/Sense/Toss etc.) could be cleaned up and maybe even condensed a little more. :thumb:
I am more than away of 'Master Command,' I don't know what this means
but I still feel that they could be condensed a little more. :thumb:
-Maybe more controler Vibration. :thumb:

Story Changes
-More background on Red XIII perhaps or his parents at least. :thumb: Did Red have a mother?
-I say do NOT revive Aerith -- as much as I hated it, it made the story that much more intense. :thumb:
-Try to make a little more sense and personability in the whole Corel incident and between Barret and his old town mates (thinking of Dyne in particular). :thumb:
-Make a little more sense about Reeve the turk. I played FF7 like 5-6 times and I still wonder a bit about him. Reeve was a Turk?
-Find Marlene and Aerith's mom before that final video to give some more character development. :thumb:
-Add Vincent and Yuffie to the final video if they are found. Too late. Their absence was explained in DoC as an attempt at evacuating Midgar. They could be added to other FMVs though.
-Definitely more on Zack. :thumb:
-And what about a Jenova perspective -- there should be stuff like where Cloud has Jenova flashbacks or something. That would be cool to see Jenova fighting Ancients or something. :thumb:

Don't know where this stands
-Update the graphics? What I mean by this is get rid of most of the block shapping but I don't know what you guys might think about this. It goes hand and hand with FF7, but if they did a good job of smoothing it out would you really miss it? :thumb:
I really think the dialogue can be better orchestrated.

The Crystal
10-21-2007, 12:35 AM
- Better graphics and music(remixes of the original)
- Add Vincent and Yuffie to the main story, not only as optional characters.
- New cutsecenes and FMVs with cool fight scenes
- Change everything needed to connect the game with the Compilation.
- A fight against Tseng
- Make the SOLDIERs being bosses, not just normal enemies.
- Keep the world map!

Tallulah
10-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Remake thread. Oh God, not another one... *headdesk*

The only thing they could do in my eyes is tidy up the graphics, so Cloud and pals didn't look so blocky.

And strangle Cait Sith. :D

Mercen-X
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
This makes the abolute most sense to me. SOLDIERs were supposed to be so high and mighty yet you take them out so easily.

blackmage_nuke
10-23-2007, 07:00 AM
This makes the abolute most sense to me. SOLDIERs were supposed to be so high and mighty yet you take them out so easily.

Thats because they werent SOLDIERS they were just normal soldiers, sort of like lackeys. From what i know the only soldiers you actually meet are zack and sephiroth

I could be wrong though

Rostum
10-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Remake thread. Oh God, not another one... *headdesk*

The only thing they could do in my eyes is tidy up the graphics, so Cloud and pals didn't look so blocky.

And strangle Cait Sith. :D

And have better translation and dialogue.

Mercen-X
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Make the SOLDIERs bosses.
SOLDIERs were supposed to be so high and mighty yet you take them out so easily.

Thats because they werent SOLDIERS they were just lackeys. From what I know, the only SOLDIERs you actually meet are Zack and Sephiroth.

I could be wrong though.
Yes you are. Cloud calls himself a First Class SOLDIER (though we learn this is actually Zack's title) of which there are three classes. In the ShinRa building, while you're escaping, you encounter SOLDIER 3rd Class. In Junon, you can encounter SOLDIER 2nd Class. In Midgar, during the Diamond attack, you encounter SOLDIER 1st Class. YO!!!!

rubah
10-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Make analogue mode work even if you aren't playing it on an original playstation.

Mercen-X
10-26-2007, 07:41 PM
analogue mode worked?

Cookie
10-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Obviously not.

Stunt
10-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Check this article out:

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-if-it-happens.html

Rostum
10-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Check this article out:

onAXIS: Final Fantasy VII Remake: If It Happens (http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-if-it-happens.html)

That is the dumbest list; they obviously have no idea about game design.

Elly
10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
my gawd that list is stupid, it looks like those fans (and i use the term loosely) would rather FF VII be an action adventure game rather than an RPG, it's like they'd rather cross games/genres like RE, Gungrave, and FF VII to make some insane bastartd child of gaming, not to mention they were wanting to add things from the movie into the game like Clouds new Sword and Omnislash5, can we say messing with continuity... truly i agree with the poster above and i also believe that those ppl don't understand gaming or the industry... good thing games aren't designed by casual gamers or we'd all be playing crappy hybrids...

Hyperion4444
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Vincent Valentine as a must have Character.
Cait Sith, just the cat toy.

yeah, difficulty modes has been added...

Mercen-X
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't want the characters to look like they're talking. Well, at least, not if it ain't done right. If they don't try hard enough to make the talking look real, they shouldn't bother with it at all.

I agree that the characters should gradually look different. They are dressed the same for at least one week that we are aware of. I don't care if over that span of time, they changed their clothes so much that they ended up in their old gear, it's still just weird.

I've also always wanted the world of FF7 to be expanded to better explore.

I think the weapons for Barret and Tifa should be a little more diverse, and you really can't easily tell the difference between Red's weapons.

There's really no need to explain why Cloud or others have cameoed in other games.

A world time system is a must. It's weird to only experience night during preset events in the game.

Heath
10-29-2007, 08:41 PM
The suggestions listed in the article weren't that bad. One I found particularly interesting was:

18) Destructible environments, like quake will mess up the ground, fire will burn grass/melt snow, certain attacks will leave grooves or craters in the ground, etc. so at the end of battle you see what effect you had. Also moving fight maps, like the fights still take place in a glass-shatter/swirl type area but your characters move around alot, like at first you run up and attack but don't return to your starting position, you stay where you were, spells and attacks would have a knockback effect, say for example in the fight with palmer, you could knock him back far enough that he would crash through a window in a house and your fight continues there where you'd break chairs and tables during the fight.

Not so much the destructible environment, but the the fact that your characters would move around the battle arena. This was the case in Grandia II and it was pretty cool. Though I think AoE spells and the like would detract from the traditions of Final Fantasy, so I'm not sure I'd like to see it implemented. I like the suggestion of allowing you to explore more of the world/Midgar. Exploring all the different locales was one of my favourite aspects of FFXII and something I've always enjoyed in RPGs, so that'd get a thumbs up from me.

Spawn of Sephiroth
11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I could understand maybe wanting to have ff7 in better graphics. But messing with anything but the graphics would be raping a clasic.... sorry but it would be.

I know the game FF7 isnt perfect, but its still good. Why not leave it to rest in peace? :)

cloud21zidane16
11-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Check this article out:

onAXIS: Final Fantasy VII Remake: If It Happens (http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-if-it-happens.html)

That is the dumbest list; they obviously have no idea about game design.

i agree, theres a few that are okay but most of them are pointless or stupid:p

Aerisfanatic
11-04-2007, 01:40 AM
different ideas for aeris and her death in a remake

1. Keep it the same (saddens me to say its probably best for the story:cry: )

2. Make aeris live longer (for an aeris fan like me my time with her was to short... thank god for a game shark)

3. an optional death (people probobly wont be on board with this right a way)

4. Revival or optional revival (my favorite so far)

5. no death (that would probobly mix up the entire story)

6. flashbacks with her in them after death

7. little things or parts of the game that might show she helped with

8. reminder of her watching over them (like her shadow in key cutscenes)

so thats some ideas for a remake.

TheKolkster
12-25-2007, 01:23 AM
different ideas for aeris and her death in a remake

I think they would just keep the original idea and thats have her resurrected somewhere towards the end of the game.

5. no death (that would probobly mix up the entire story)

Yeah... I think it would. Do you know why she was killed? Well, actually... I don't know if it would have an impact on the story. Seph was just a little bit late as it is.

Markus. D
12-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Alls I would like is a more polished storyline, I mean this dialouge/scripting wise xD

Graphics Update ovcourse...

Definetly new endgame places :D

Aerith's Knight
12-25-2007, 02:06 AM
if Aeris doesnt die or is revivable.. im okay with it..

if impossible.. they should make it last 2 discs length.. instead of 1..

make more sidequests would be nice

Serapy
12-25-2007, 10:37 PM
if Aeris doesnt die or is revivable.. im okay with it..

if impossible.. they should make it last 2 discs length.. instead of 1..

make more sidequests would be nice

But I'm sure you will be happier if she can be resuscitated ;)

What interest me the most about this remake is finding out whether my ghost theory is true or not.

auberginedreams
12-25-2007, 11:05 PM
IMO aerith not dying/being revived would completely destroy the game. I would rather it was remade into pong graphics than have this scene removed.

Dolentrean
12-25-2007, 11:18 PM
IMO aerith not dying/being revived would completely destroy the game. I would rather it was remade into pong graphics than have this scene removed.

Agreed, I know all you people like Aerith, and you want her back, but it undermines the entire point of the game. Sure, you might feel all warm and fuzzy for awile becuase you got something you fantasized about, but if they revived her, it would make the emotional part of the game hollow.

Keep her dead, kill her at the same part, if anything make it sadder and make it have a profound effect on the charecters, not just Cloud. Make the death devistating and sad, it would make the story stronger and better.

blackmage_nuke
12-26-2007, 02:28 AM
I think they should let her live past that part so everyone's like "no way they let her live, the idiots!" then like you find out Cloud was just halucinating as he does and then shes back in the same place and dies right as soon as it does some flashy back to reality thing and everyones like, WHOA!!!!!! Its like im surprised all over again!!!!!!

Kanshisha
12-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Here, i've been researching what up coming games there are in PS3..

Apparently, this video is just to show what the remake would look like with the power of the PS3's graphics engine.. Enjoy!:D

YouTube - Final Fantasy 7 PS3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ)

TheKolkster
12-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Here, i've been researching what up coming games there are in PS3..

Apparently, this video is just to show what the remake would look like with the power of the PS3's graphics engine.. Enjoy!:D

YouTube - Final Fantasy 7 PS3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ)

We know... We all saw the video 2 1/2 years ago at E3 2005. We were just discussing what we would like to see in the game IF they were to do a remake.

Back to FFVII. If they were to remake the game, keep everything the same except for the end. Do what they were originally going to do and have Aeris resurrected. And finish the game this time. And maybe go into a little more Detail about Aeris's mom and dad.

jammi567
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh, for piss sake...:mad:

They were never going to resurect her, especially not now that they've done sequals with her dead in them.

And before you reply, read this thread first: http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/17635-final-fantasy-vii-faq-thread-new-posters-please-view-ff7-remake-rumour.html

ReloadPsi
01-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Actually if they remade the game they probably would alter Aeris' death. Hell, they retconned everything else in the compilation, ruining one more plot element won't make a damn bit of difference.

Yet another reason I don't think Squenix will remake FF7: My theory is that the compilation was an attempt to make more people hate the game and stop thinking it's so bloody good so that every other game Squenix makes doesn't have to live in FF7's shadow and have annoying 13 year-old kids bitching about how it's not as good. Lord knows it's starting to work on me.

jammi567
01-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Ahhh, but there's a difference between altering the death, and making it so that she survives, or has the option to depending on player actions.

And i definatly have to agree with you on the last part. Which is why i wouldn't want a sequal for any of my favorite games (ohh, i forgot about FFX-2...)

Serapy
01-02-2008, 01:20 AM
There are evidences that they 'would' re-make the game.

I doubt Aeris will get revived but I'd like to see her 'ghost' again the re-make version ;)

DreamingOfAFantasy
01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
If they did a reamke they should deffantly change the storyline. So ""Aeris" doesen't die. But that would upset many people if they did. But the main thing they could have done if they did a reamake that was to add better graphic's.

Raebus
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Letting Aeris live would change the entire story of final fantasy 7 and it's spin off's, so yeah, thats a stupid idea.

Nifleheim7
01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
If they did a reamke they should deffantly change the storyline. So ""Aeris" doesen't die.

Lol...yeah!If Square Enix ever wants to commit suicide this is the way!:D

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 03:29 AM
If they did a reamke they should deffantly change the storyline. So ""Aeris" doesen't die.

Lol...yeah!If Square Enix ever wants to commit suicide this is the way!:D

Agree'd.

What some people tend to forget is that "remake" doesn't give the people REVAMPING the game, the ability to change the game in -highly- signfigant ways. If the STORYLINE was changed in -anyway- than it is essentially not the same game, because it wouldn't follow it's original path.

Dark Eternal Knight
01-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Anyway isnt death fictional or real supose to show inconveniance? Her death illustrated so many points, and made Sethirith all that more evil :)

Who!? :confused: LOL

I think if there was a remake to FFVII, the first thing I'd wanna see is updated graphics and animations. It doesn't have to be FFVII:AC good; at least FFXII good. That would suffice.

They'd have to do away with the static pre-rendered backgrounds. Playing through it again now for the fifth time, it's definitely showing its age. 3-D environments all the way. However, I wouldn't like the camera to be user controlled. I was personally a big fan of how FFX used the fixed camera. It would sweep and rise and followed it's own path, based on the environment surroundings. (The one example that sticks out in my mind is when you're walking through the screen in Besaid with the bridges and the waterfall, and how it would duck under fallen columns and swoop around you. It had such a cinematic effect and did a great job of bringing out different points of interest in the beautiful surroundings.) I think something like this would work really well in reworked environments for FFVII.

Aside from visuals, I'd say more sidequests. The original had a few, but then FFVIII came out and the amount of sidequests in that game floored me. I'd like something to do that isn't chocobo-related and involving grinding for AP.

Update the music. I'm not saying to change the soundtrack entirely (NO WAY, NEVER), but perhaps re-record it using a real orchestra, and throw some updated Black Mages in there for some of the more action oriented tracks.

Update the menu interface to maybe match the theme of AC. A new style with a futuristic, but rustic worn look to somewhat reflect Midgar and the slums would be awesome.

As far as story and dialogue, I really don't have a problem with it. After all, that's the most memorable part for me.

Last but not least, let's all come together and say: "ANALOG STICK" :D

Roogle
01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I think that the plot point of Aerith's death would be altered during the course of a hypothetical remake; however, I think that her ultimate fate is unchangeable.

The remake might delve into her thoughts after death like that short story about her that was released with an Ultimania Guide for the original game, I think.