PDA

View Full Version : Grindhouse!

Araciel
10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
So both Planet Terror and Death Proof are finally out on dvd, and i rushed right out to get them!

Anyone else in love with them? If so which do you like better and why? Are you put off that they have come out and said there will be a double-disc set with both movies coming out?

Or do you absolutely hate them and not see any merit in them whatsoever?

Gopher Gamble
10-19-2007, 04:07 PM
I have been dieing to see the movie! I'll have to rent them soon!

Peegee
10-19-2007, 05:15 PM
I'll tell you once I watched both, but I wasn't too impressed with Tarantino's film.

Burtsplurt
10-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I haven't seen Planet Terror, but Death Proof was pretty aimless. It felt flabby and overlong. Good stunts, but that didn't really make a good film (or an average one!).

Araciel
10-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeh Planet Terror was in my opinion far superior, but the two are so different.

Also I loved Stuntman Mike.

Slothy
10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Death Proof wasn't enjoyable until around the time they start playing ship's mast or whatever it was called. I still liked it, but after Planet Terror, it left something to be desired. Still though, I'm disappointed these were released separately rather than in one package. I may pick up both for Christmas or something, but I would have preferred a release that continued the double feature theme.

blim
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Not seen the films yet as i tend to avoid gore but my friend showed me the spoof trailers at the start and they were hilarious. I will actually watch the films as a result of those.

btw the version my friend has is both films together so that version is out there somewhere

LunarWeaver
10-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I am in absolute love with them both. I was really sad when they pretty much flopped. They tried to do something totally different then what hits the market place these days and nobody went to see it. This is why we only get adaptions and sequels ;_;

It's hard to decide which I like better. I guess Death Proof. It wasn't as high-tension as Planet Terror, but there was more substance there to appreciate in the long run.

Bunny
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Tarantino is a horrible director. That said, I did enjoy both of these films.

Dragoon Kain
10-20-2007, 06:37 AM
I just saw Planet Terror last night. Holy crap. It was amazing. Explosions, gore. Amazing. Very funny film as well. Absolutely loved it.