PDA

View Full Version : Okami Officially Heading to the Wii

Crossblades
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
IGN: Okami Officially Heading to Wii (http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828316p1.html)

Embargo lifted, we can reveal that Capcom has officially announced that award-winning - and utterly awesome - Okami will release on Wii, complete with enhanced graphics and motion-sensing controls. You don't have long to wait either, with the game scheduled to arrive in spring 2008.

Originally released on PlayStation 2, Okami is an adventure game in the style of Nintendo's acclaimed Zelda series, and sees players controlling a sun god called Amaterasu, who's also a white wolf. Using a magic paintbrush, you're tasked with restoring life to a world that's been overrun by evil. The Wii version is being developed by Ready at Dawn, the team behind God of War: Chains of Olympus on PSP.

Announcing the title during Capcom's Gamers Day, Michael Pattison senior director of marketing at Capcom Europe said: "We are happy to bring this experience to what many would consider its natural home. You use the Wii Remote as the 'cellestial brush' directly and the world becomes a virtual canvas for Wii owners."

Marshall Banana
10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I didn't finish Okami; I should.

It would be fun to use Wii's remote to make brush strokes, I think. =O

Markus. D
10-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Wii ftw!

^-^

Okami is one of my favorite PS2 games.

Larahl
10-20-2007, 01:10 AM
I hope it will have more new content than just using the Wiimote.

KentaRawr!
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Well, when my Brother went to College, he took the PS2, along with Okami, with him. So, I, having a Wii, am certainly happy at this news. :D