PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Humour

Vivisteiner
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
What I wish Final Fantasys had more of is humour. Apart from FFIX, I think the games Ive played dont have enough laugh-out-loud moments.

In FFVII there was the bit with Clou dressing as a girl and Cid was quite amusing, but little else.

In FFVIII I cant remember much humour at all. Oh yeah, the stuff with Zone's magazines I think. That was quite funny.

In FFIX there was loooooaaaaads. And I loved it.

In FFX there were some sill moments, but little overall.

In FFXII there were some moments again (Vaan and Fran, Vaan and his theft) But still nothing much.

What about other FFs?

And what do you think? Do you wish that FFs had more light hearted humour? Certainly I do.

jammi567
10-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, it's difficult, as it mainly depends on what you really consider to be humour.

Vivisteiner
10-19-2007, 04:43 PM
^True.

Was FFX-2 supposed to be humouous?
I didnt play it, but I strongly doubt I wouldve found it funny.

Xear
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
The mood in the game was alot lighter then in FFX. I at least think the game was funny :) , espally the scenes with Le Blac and the the famous hotspring scene :-)

NeoTifa
10-19-2007, 07:27 PM
ffx-2 made me laugh, but not cuz it was funny. cuz it sucked. yea i wished there was more funny, but you cannot deny that a serious game is needed as well. and i think you are forgetting about reno and rude!!! <3<3<3

Xear
10-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah, Reno and Rude are funny.

Thing is, I like to lie down on my sofa, relax and play Playstation. Sometimes, I think FFs can just take themselves too seriously. Im all for an intriguing and mature plot line, but I dont think that jokes hinder its progression. They just improve character developement, and heighten the overall experience.

Many became rebels plotting rebellion
Nahhhhhh!!!! Reallly!?? Ya dont say!!!

Who would have thunk it!? Rebels plotting rebellion?

Next thing you know there'll be traitors plotting betrayal! :rolleyes2

Damn those rebels.... I thoought they would of been doing somthing nobel like fighting for the evil emporess in power... :-D

Takara
10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't that be traitors plotting treachery and betrayers plotting betrayal?

Vivisteiner
10-19-2007, 07:48 PM
What the hell has happened to the order of the posts!?

:confused: :confused: :eek:

ReloadPsi
10-19-2007, 08:06 PM
For FF6 humour, look no further than the combined might of Kefka and Ultros.

Above anything else, I love comedy, and now that you mention it I'm just about noticing that FF is very short on it. At least the earlier instalments had plenty of Engrish, and who could forget this classic from FFT:

Many became rebels plotting rebellion against (the royal family or the nobility or something, I don't remember because I was laughing at "rebels plotting rebellion")

The Lich
10-19-2007, 08:23 PM
For FF6 humour, look no further than the combined might of Kefka and Ultros.

Above anything else, I love comedy, and now that you mention it I'm just about noticing that FF is very short on it. At least the earlier instalments had plenty of Engrish, and who could forget this classic from FFT:

Many became rebels plotting rebellion against (the royal family or the nobility or something, I don't remember because I was laughing at "rebels plotting rebellion")
haha yeah I think the engrish is about as funny as it gets. I mean seriously who can forget when tellah said you spoony bard.

cloud21zidane16
10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
ffx-2 made me laugh, but not cuz it was funny. cuz it sucked. <3<3<3

agreed:p

Yeah it is good to see humour in Final Fantasy but not too much overwise it takes the seriousness of the story away.

Vivisteiner
10-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, Reno and Rude are funny.

Thing is, I like to lie down on my sofa, relax and play Playstation. Sometimes, I think FFs can just take themselves too seriously. Im all for an intriguing and mature plot line, but I dont think that jokes hinder its progression. They just improve character developement, and heighten the overall experience.

Many became rebels plotting rebellion
Nahhhhhh!!!! Reallly!?? Ya dont say!!!

Who would have thunk it!? Rebels plotting rebellion?

Next thing you know there'll be traitors plotting betrayal! :rolleyes2

EDIT: WTH has happened to the order of the posts!? :eek: :confused: :confused:

Sefie1999AD
10-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I think FFIV had several funny moments, especially in the uncensored versions. The scenes between Edge and Cid, or Edge and Rydia, were usually funny, and the Spoony Bard scene must not be forgotten, either. :p Supposedly FFVA had plenty of humor as well. I don't think Ultros was that funny in FFVI, but I still thought Kefka was a joke. :p FFVII had some funny moments, which usually contained either the Turks, or Cid. FFIX was probably the funniest for me, not to mention some of the humor was based on the previous FFs ("No cloud or squall can hinder us"). There were some funny scenes in FFX-2 too.

Hyperion4444
10-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Best ones in FFVIII is when you invite Quistis or Irvine in Zell's room the first time.
lol.
You either learn about Zell's unfortunate accident or the one he's about to get.

Finola
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree. Not so much humour in other FF's than in IX. And i, too, loved the humour in that one. Oh, it was so awesome.
I can't remember anything particularly funny in VIII but i'm sure it had its lighter moments or.. whatever.
X, something funny there too but not so fantastic humour as in IX.

Dr. Acula
10-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Squall hitting Zell on the head with the handle of his gunblade was probably the funniest part in FF8.

Hyperion4444
10-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Irvine shooting Zell in the rear was the funniest one.
(I knew he would)
Zell waiting in line to get hotdogs at BG, realising none were left when it arrived on his turn.
Zell chocking on his hotdogs at the end, loosing his pigtail girl.
Irvine laughing at Zell, getting punched in the face.
Irvine waving at BG Girls, not filming Selphie.
Selphie getting angry.
Zell running in BG to get his hotdogs, getting cauth by Seifer.
Ya know. Ya know? (bespoken by Raijin)
Zell: Were here to liberate Timber, ya know.
Uh, I mean.
Were here to liberate Timber.
Zone stomach hurting while Watts takes info like a 'sir' cadet. Odd, the only one with guts in the group is the often helpless Rinoa.
Zell's little insident with his T-Board, taking a sharp turn and landing in the women's bathroom.
What is that thing real!? No wonder, I'm getting out of here! Sir Knight, I must bid you farewell. (Good Luck with the Ruby Dragon, Laguna)
Kiros: Don't tell me were lost again...

Yeah, there were a # of them.

Vivisteiner
10-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah, Zell and Seifer were the best things about FFVIII character wise.

Zell cracked me up.

ReloadPsi
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Irvine shooting Zell in the rear was the funniest one.

When did this happen?! :D

blackmage_nuke
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Mr Thou!

Heath
10-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Mr Thou!

Ahh, clearly one of the best pieces of dialogue in the entire series! I think overall, FFVI had some really quite funny moments. I agree with what somebody said earlier about Kefka and Ultros fitting the bill more than sufficiently.

cloud_doll
10-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Awful Fantasy was the best ever.

Then in FFVII there were a few funny parts. The parts with Don Corneo were the funniest, especially if you're able to get Cloud in with him, and you play along, then Tifa and Aeris come and they're like, "Cloud, what are you doing?!"
lol
Then the funniest part in FFIX was when you first see Kuja, because he's wearing lingerie.

McLovin'
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Whatever Steiner does. :D

NeoTifa
10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
zidane is a riot :spin: expecially when he grabs garnets arse. haha helping her up indeed

No.78
10-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Final Fantasy 6.

EDIT: Also Vaan asking Fran her age was somewhat humorous XP

Sidderz
11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I like some humour in my FF games, maybe the reason I don't enjoy VII as much as some others.

Quina I always found stupidly funny. "Yummies."

Shiny
11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
FF9 was hilarious.

I'm kupo for Kupo Nuts! :mog:

Vivisteiner
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Whatever Steiner does. :D
That deserves a biiiiig quotation.

:love:Steiner:love:

The Unknown Guru
11-04-2007, 08:12 PM
FFIV is hilarious. (http://demented3d.com/ffiv/)

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 06:15 AM
ffx-2 made me laugh, but not cuz it was funny. cuz it sucked. yea i wished there was more funny, but you cannot deny that a serious game is needed as well. and i think you are forgetting about reno and rude!!! <3<3<3
Not again, child! You're seriously teetering on insanity...

I'm easily amused. I'm prone to bursting into laughter in awkward moments.

DarkLadyNyara
11-12-2007, 06:22 AM
FFV had some funny momments. Gilgamesh was priceless. "It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men." :lol: There was a bit of humor in II *coughLamiaQueencough*, IV, and VI. IX also had its moments, many of them Kuja's. :D