PDA

View Full Version : Recovering a Photoshop file

KoShiatar
10-19-2007, 05:38 PM
I just reduced to 25% a drawing I had been working on for months and I saved it and now I want to kick myself in the nuts, just I don't have any nuts to begin with.
Is there a way to recover the file? Aven if it should involve scanning the hard disk with some strange device or something like that.

Baloki
10-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Luckly Photoshop files save the last 50 things you did so you can just use the edit > undo sequence :)

Discord
10-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Not that I'd know of. The best you can do is go back in History inside Photoshop itself, but I doubt that you didn't try that yet.

Peegee
10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Not that I'd know of. The best you can do is go back in History inside Photoshop itself, but I doubt that you didn't try that yet.

Yep, that's the only thing (that I can think of). Try stepping back if you saved the drawing as a psd file. If you saved it as a jpg or a tif, not as possible.

o_O
10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
There is a (very) small chance you could find it somewhere like C:\temp or C:\windows\temp if you saved it as a separate file before reducing the size. Pretty unlikely though, unfortunately.