PDA

View Full Version : Aicha says: omfgaslwtfsarsstdhobbitsex

Peegee
10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
(Sorry Aicha for singling you out)

There's a story. I think it happened to Psy years ago. It goes like this:

I visit an EoFFer called Bonnie. On her MSN, I start chatting with people from EoFF, pretending to be Bonnie, only to suddenly say something that gives me away for who I am.

ie:

Bonnie: Y hay thar
Psy: sup
Bonnie: [small talk]
Psy: [small talk]
Bonnie: omg
Bonnie: lolasl??
Psy: PG??

100% of the test cases, the person replied:

Person: PG??

They knew it was me T_T HOW???

Topic is: could you pull this off? Are you so predictable that you need only say something and people would know who you are?

NeoTifa
10-19-2007, 06:32 PM
i dunno. im kinda random, so if i say something really random, its me! bananas! pop tarts! horsies!

demondude
10-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't need a name figured me out on messenger pretty fast.

Rye
10-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I have this fruity way of talking that allows me to be picked out rather quickly. :bigsmile:

NeoTifa
10-19-2007, 06:50 PM
im also really boring and nobody usually talks back to me. its like, when i post, nobody wants to post after me!
Why doesn't anybody respond to my posts?! Do i just totally lamify threads?! ;_;

Momiji
10-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I put a lot of '...' in my messages. I think it would be a dead giveaway.

NeoTifa
10-19-2007, 06:57 PM
i say omg alot.... and the ... thing.
as well as:

<(^<) (>^)> ^(^^)^ ^(^^)v v(^^)v v(^^)^

Resha
10-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Not really, I think I'm pretty normal that-a-way. Online, anyways. irl yeah, I have a few freaky phrases up my sleeve.

Quindiana Jones
10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
People know me that I don't even know. My name seems to get spread around my town a lot.

Araciel
10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
People always know me by my antics, not my words

BTW, add me on MSN everybody! :P

Iceglow
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Resha lies, she text me and it took 2 texts to figure out it was her lol. I can pose as other people if I have to or want to, depends on how well I know the person I pose as to if I get caught easily or not.

I Took the Red Pill
10-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Is this the same "crazy Bonnie" that Dan had a thing with?

theundeadhero
10-19-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't know if I have a recognizable pattern of speech. Do I?On the forums you stand out to me, since I live in Germany and I recognize how German is translated to English easily. I don't know if anyone else notices.

I think I would be discovered pretty quickly.

I have no idea how my post wound up in the middle of the thread instead of at the bottom :confused:

Araciel
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't know if I have a recognizable pattern of speech. Do I?On the forums you stand out to me, since I live in Germany and I recognize how German is translated to English easily. I don't know if anyone else notices.

I think I would be discovered pretty quickly.

Heck no, but then I don't pay attention to hardly anythin'

That is pretty cool though.

Jojee
10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, lolasl is like PG text. xD

I think I'm pretty predictable and myself when I'm messing with people's accounts (I don't try to hide it usually ^_^) but some people still don't catch on. :| Psy does, every time. Every time I do anything, he knows whether it's a joke or not or knows it's me. What a doof. Otherwise, I guess I'm not that predictable since a lot of people don't catch on. :P

Peegee
10-19-2007, 08:39 PM
incidentally

<a href="http://lolasl.livejournal.com">http://lolasl.livejournal.com</a>

guess whose LJ is that?

I have been thinking of creating a PG chatbot. Will respond every 30 seconds with a random pg comment. But too lazy to create it. T_T

KoShiatar
10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't know if I have a recognizable pattern of speech. Do I?

Cz
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think I'm very predictable like that. I suppose it's not the sort of thing you know yourself though, so other people might think differently.

MKusanagi
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm a perfectly adaptive machine. I can imitate anyone (that I know) and not be found out. I am the T-1000 of all humans.

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 12:06 AM
If I know someone well enough I might be able to imitate them for awhile if the people I'm talking too don't know me. Eventually I'd end up using the wrong emoticons :p

Rengori
10-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Not really, I think I'm pretty normal that-a-way. Online, anyways. irl yeah, I have a few freaky phrases up my sleeve.

Yeah, IRL you'd be surprised how hard it is to hide from someone with an afro.

Psychotic
10-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Is this the same "crazy Bonnie" that Dan had a thing with?Yes.
Psy does, every time. :| Every time I do anything, he knows whether it's a joke or not or knows it's me. What a doof.I spent the whole of 2005 being insulted by you. I know your style, qurl. :cool:

The way that I talk heavily depends on who I am talking to, so I've probably got a couple of key phrases that give me away for each person I talk to a lot.

Agent Proto
10-20-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm quite unpredictable with my chatting. I think it's because no one ever gets to talk to me. :D

rubah
10-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Probably! I like to think I could identify other people too. Perhaps not as much anymore because I don't spend so much time reading text, but man in my prime~~~~~

Lawr
10-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I put a lot of '...' in my messages. I think it would be a dead giveaway.

Hey I do too...

Chimp
10-20-2007, 03:36 AM
no u

;[

Markus. D
10-20-2007, 03:53 AM
I can be singled out saying "betch" alot nowadays.

"deck" ~~~ anything naughty-wordereded I can replace the "i" for an "e" with.

NeoTifa
10-20-2007, 04:21 AM
me too. i say giggles alot

XxSephirothxX
10-20-2007, 06:52 AM
I can think of at least two occasions from high school in which I pranked friends in pretty epic three-way MSN conversations, so yeah, I think I could pull it off. It's usually not worth it, though. People get pissed.

Araciel
10-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Boo...no one added me.

Agrias
10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Usually, i like to refer to fecal matter...thats how people know me.

Madame Adequate
10-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I can trick people. I've not done it in IMs but I've done it in WoW, and then turned around and tricked the SAME PEOPLE again. Silly Auntie Pike. :p

I'm smert so I can identify my more obvious traits in speaking in order to be hiding it from folks.

Ashi
10-20-2007, 12:48 PM
People who don't know me that well probably wouldn't be able to notice. But the people who do might because of my spelling mistakes.

If you haven't noticed those mistakes, yet, then I'm not going to tell you...

41-Inches-Wide
10-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I like aicha threads. :kaoclove:

Nobody knows me in eoff chat~! I am MASTER DISGUISE. *smug*

Chimp
10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Quiet, JOE|COOPER >:{

Heath
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't think I'm terribly predictable, though I'm sure I could be imitated fairly easily. Perhaps this is someone posing as Heath right now? Who knows? As for imitating someone else, I'm sure some of my cringe-worthy typing errors would soon reveal me to people.

Ouch!
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
If I let an "Oyo!" slip anywhere, it's pretty much game over.

I've yet to be caught any time I've impersonated someone online, though. It's mostly because I only impersonate people I've talked to, so I mimic their manner of speech. I haven't done it in a long time, though.

Araciel
10-20-2007, 09:10 PM

And here I thought you just talked about poo all the time...shows what I know.

41-Inches-Wide
10-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Quiet, JOE|COOPER >:{

DAMMIT. :mad2:

NeoCracker
10-21-2007, 03:39 AM
I just realize the last part of the thread Title says Hobbit Sex.

Agrias
10-21-2007, 11:49 AM

And here I thought you just talked about poo all the time...shows what I know.

poopoopoopppppooo poop opooopooopoopoo poop ooopooopoopoo poopooo :D?

Breine
10-21-2007, 11:53 AM
No, I don't really think I have anything that would give me away like that.. We professionals know how to do it right ;)

Jess
10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I think that the people who know me fairly well would guess who I am right away. Other than that, people might catch on from the way that I speak. ^__~

Peegee
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM

look it up on urbandictionary. Ahh the days where you could upload anything you wanted T_T

Værn
10-24-2007, 03:18 AM
I've impersonated my friends on MSN on several occasions. Usually they're in the middle of a conversation, then leave to go to the bathroom or something. There are two things help me imitate people better:
1) I need to be able to see how they write. Since they're normally in the middle of a conversation, I can just look at everything they've been saying and mimic their grammatic form. Most of the time, though, I know how they write; they usually talk to me on MSN quite a bit.
2) It's really convincing if you refer back to what each of the people said before you took over. If you just get on and start chatting with random people you've got nothing to refer back to; if they've already got the window up, you can at least refer back to earlier points in the same conversation. You could just try starting a conversation from scratch, but it's simply more convincing to know what's been said before.

...and I've never been caught =D

Slicksword45
10-24-2007, 06:38 AM
If you see someone contridicting every thing he says, it's me. The sky is blue. The sky is red.

escobert
10-24-2007, 06:47 AM
I like to pretend to be pretty little gurl looking for bois in #eoff ^_^

Rengori
10-24-2007, 06:53 AM

look it up on urbandictionary. Ahh the days where you could upload anything you wanted T_T

The don't have hobbit sex, but they have hobbit cock, hobbit crotch, hobbit arm, hobbitch, hobbits in the Shire, hobbit's leaf, hobbit rock, hobbit pony, hobbit style (which I assume is what you refer to with hobbit sex), hobbit talk, and hobbiting. The last one is like fuck, it can mean anything you want it to. Said so on UD. :rolleyes2

Peegee
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM
This is a perfect example of implications when one communications without being explicit.

I mean 'look up [the thread title] in UD'

Rengori
10-25-2007, 12:01 AM
This is a perfect example of when you can just do it for me and save me the trouble of trying to figure out you.

BardTard
10-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Yes... I am... I said chicken wuss and my friend knew it was me because I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy 8.

Rengori
10-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Yes... I am... I said chicken wuss and my friend knew it was me because I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy 8.

I don't know, he must've been equally obsessed to figure out the reference. He could've thought he was sending messages to himself!

Misfit
10-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Nah, I'm pretty good at pretending to be Jowy. It's amusing. >:3

Loony BoB
10-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Peeg, how many people amount to that 100%? One? :p But yeah, if someone said something along the lines of the thread title then I'd probably think they were you, too. Not many people I talk to say that kind of thing. There's also the possibility that you only did it to people on your regular AIM list and therefore they would all know your style of chatting already.

Peegee
10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Peeg, how many people amount to that 100%? One? :p But yeah, if someone said something along the lines of the thread title then I'd probably think they were you, too. Not many people I talk to say that kind of thing. There's also the possibility that you only did it to people on your regular AIM list and therefore they would all know your style of chatting already.

It was a few but I have no specifics. I only have very limited memories of that specific instance, though I can now piece together that weekend as a general whole.

My style of chatting is very specific and very limited. As I stated, I should be able to program in a 'chatbot' with say, 100-150 pre-programmed lines, randomize them, and it would pass a turing test for pg.

I'm a simpleton like that.