PDA

View Full Version : URGENT NEWS!

Fonzie
10-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Dumbledore is gay. (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/10/20/j-k-rowling-at-carnegie-hall-reveals-dumbledore-is-gay-neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more)

So when Snape killed him, it was a hate crime.

Shlup
10-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Fixed your link and thread location. Yeah, I'll expect my 'thank you' bouquet at work Monday.

Fonzie
10-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Dude, this needs to be in GC, and stickied.

I'm super cereal.

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 05:16 AM

I'm super cereal.

I agree o_o

LunarWeaver
10-20-2007, 05:19 AM
She shoulda had the ovaries to just say it in the actual book then.

Shlup
10-20-2007, 05:42 AM
If she had I would have read them just for the sheer awesomeness of doing such a thing.

Bunny
10-20-2007, 05:57 AM
The whole book is gay.

Snape fucks Dumbledore on page 743.

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 06:09 AM
The whole book is gay.

Snape smurfs Dumbledore on page 743.

SPOILER TAGS! USE SPOILER TAGS!

Captain Maxx Power
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Way to add fire onto the already blazing right-wing Christian Potter-hatred. Then again given the ridiculous outcry over the books regardless of actual content (it's the premise that irks many) this'll just be confirmation of it's "sinfulness".

Heath
10-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure why it was necessary to make Dumbledore homosexual, really. I suppose it adds more to the Grindelwald back story, but it just seems a bit tacked on. Still, nice to have it cleared up, I suppose. I always assumed he was unmarried because no woman could tame those half-moon glasses. ... Apparently I was right.

Resha
10-20-2007, 12:56 PM
She shoulda had the ovaries to just say it in the actual book then.

Very much so. It just don't feel real to me now ;D it's like she's trying to take the twisted fanfiction aspect of her prologue, bless that, even further. AND there was another revelation. Next month; AND oh my god harry doesn't have a -- AND hermione is actually a transvestite (hence the bushy hair and the big teeth)

KoShiatar
10-20-2007, 03:18 PM
All I can say to this is: O_o

Psychotic
10-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I used to like the Harry Potter books, but now that I have learned of Dumbledore's true sexual orientation, I refuse to go within 20 feet of a copy. Perhaps we could find a way to have J.K. Rowling executed for trying to brainwash children into becoming an army of homosexuals to pursue the liberal agenda.

Rye
10-20-2007, 03:29 PM
This is the best moment of my life.

Ready the slash-fics, captain! :kaoyatta:

Madame Adequate
10-20-2007, 04:19 PM

I'm super cereal.

I am both Cheerios and Chcolate Shreddies on this issue. Sticky nao.

Way to add fire onto the already blazing right-wing Christian Potter-hatred. Then again given the ridiculous outcry over the books regardless of actual content (it's the premise that irks many) this'll just be confirmation of it's "sinfulness".

I have a suspicion that this was her goal. The whole thing's got a not-so-subtle message of tolerance and accepting that which is difference. Hell, it's not a message in fact, it's an outright central theme. :3

escobert
10-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I always assumed he was unmarried because no woman could tame those half-moon glasses. ... Apparently I was right.

haha yeah!

Renmiri
10-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I used to like the Harry Potter books, but now that I have learned of Dumbledore's true sexual orientation, I refuse to go within 20 feet of a copy. Perhaps we could find a way to have J.K. Rowling executed for trying to brainwash children into becoming an army of homosexuals to pursue the liberal agenda.

The US South can not dictate their morality to the whole world.

I'm glad the Noble Prize committee and JK Rowling are telling that to their snouts :love:

PS: Bush was a candidate for Nobel Peace Prize for "liberating Eye-RAQ" on 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. But they gave it to Al Gore :love: :love: :love:

And now JK tells the US South to stuff it!

I love this week

Innocent Dimande
10-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm really embarrassed. I just started a new thread about this very same topic before realizing this one existed.

Great. I've haven't been here a month and already I've got a locked topic under my name.

Anyway, I am ecstatic! I started shipping Dumbledore/Grindelwald while reading DH and...I feel so happy right now.

If any one else agrees with me on this, come on over to Fiction Alley Park's Dumbledore/Grindelwald thread: the S.S. Greater Good.

I tried to do it as a link, but it wasn't working.

Shlup
10-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure why it was necessary to make Dumbledore homosexual, really. I suppose it adds more to the Grindelwald back story, but it just seems a bit tacked on. Still, nice to have it cleared up, I suppose. I always assumed he was unmarried because no woman could tame those half-moon glasses. ... Apparently I was right.

Since when is anyone's sexual orientation "necessary"? Why is it "necessary" for Harry to be straight? Some people are gay, some people are straight. Same goes for fictional people, I suppose.

*throws HOMOPHOBE stones at Heath*

Rye
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I think it's a nice little bonus. It's OK to be GAY! :love:

I welcome anyone to use my sig in support of this happy development. :kaoyatta:

Araciel
10-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Dumbledore is NOT gay!

He's an asexual authority figure

demondude
10-20-2007, 08:43 PM

Done!

Tallulah
10-20-2007, 08:48 PM
*shudders at the thought of impending fanfics*

You know, I always thought it would be Draco, if it had to be anyone... :love:

rubah
10-20-2007, 08:56 PM
What do you mean impending? All the slashers are frozen in smiles that they were write that they can't write any more just yet.

This is kinda a mouth-gape relevation, but I have to say it kinda makes sense.

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Done!

:kaoplain:

Tallulah
10-20-2007, 10:51 PM
What do you mean impending? All the slashers are frozen in smiles that they were write that they can't write any more just yet.

I hope you're right... :cry:

I Took the Red Pill
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Pensieve kinda sounds like penis amirite

Del Murder
10-20-2007, 11:36 PM
It must be fun having so many people interested in a world that comes from no other place than your head.

Vivisteiner
10-20-2007, 11:39 PM
It must be fun having so many people interested in a world that comes from no other place than your head.
Yep. And inside my head, Dumbledore is now giving head.

Del Murder
10-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Watch it.

Vivisteiner
10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
^Im sorry, I couldnt resist. It was just staring at me in the face.

Larahl
10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
I always wondered if he banged McGonagall.
Now my question is answered.

Vivisteiner
10-20-2007, 11:48 PM
I always wondered if he banged McGonagall.
Now my question is answered.
Yeah, I know. Its obvious that McGonagall did some sex-changing magic to hide her little fling. Or should I say his little fling, the dirty little bastard.

Old Manus
10-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Fail.

Heath
10-21-2007, 12:06 AM

Since when is anyone's sexual orientation "necessary"? Why is it "necessary" for Harry to be straight? Some people are gay, some people are straight. Same goes for fictional people, I suppose.

Just didn't feel particularly relevant to the story and I feel that if it were that important a point to make, that she mentions it several months after the series ended, she could've made it in the books themselves.

Are homophobe stones straight or jagged?

Vivisteiner
10-21-2007, 12:06 AM
@Manus head

No. Just no.

Its 12 O Clock and England just lost the rugby...

MEANIE :cry:

Shlup
10-21-2007, 12:46 AM

Just didn't feel particularly relevant to the story and I feel that if it were that important a point to make, that she mentions it several months after the series ended, she could've made it in the books themselves.

Are homophobe stones straight or jagged?

Homophobe stones are igneous.

Ashley Schovitz
10-21-2007, 01:11 AM
What, I can't believe this, this is absurd obviously you're tricking everyone and it's fake!

Del Murder
10-21-2007, 01:17 AM
She obviously knows people will eat up any HP info they can get so why not throw them a few bones (no pun intended)? Maybe she enjoys the spotlight. I know I would if people cared so much about things I made up.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-21-2007, 01:58 AM
It would have been nice if she would have mentioned it in the book but at the same time I think it is appropriate that she didn't. In a way, it is a message saying that homosexuality does not define a person. The fact that Dumbledore was gay had no real significance to the story or character development. Its only relevance it would have was in the seventh book but there was hardly a way that she could have brought it up with Dumbledore being dead and all. I also assume he was secretive about it considering how long ago it must have been when he was that young.

Then again, maybe I am reading into it a little bit too much.

Disco Potato
10-21-2007, 02:39 AM
I vaguely remember reading Deathly Hallows during the Snape memories chapter and thinking Snape and Dumbledore were having a few 'moments'. Which was really weird, because I'm not into the shipping aspect of Harry Potter and looking for 'hints' wasn't on my mind at all. I thought I was just being stupid. Maybe I was, but this makes me want to reread the book now. :p

But anyways, usually gays aren't portrayed very well in mainstream stuff, so this is cool :cool:

Heath
10-21-2007, 12:56 PM
She obviously knows people will eat up any HP info they can get so why not throw them a few bones (no pun intended)? Maybe she enjoys the spotlight. I know I would if people cared so much about things I made up.

I suppose so. I mean, I'm not going to start a "well this ruins the entire series!!!!!!" movement or anything. Having read the post by The Summoner of Leviathan, perhaps it was a rather nice point to make that one's sexuality doesn't define their person. Dunno, just rather didn't seem like a terribly important thing to reveal when I first read it.

~*~Celes~*~
10-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I have to go with my dad's theory. She read some fanfiction where he was deemed of the homosexual nature, thought it sounded good and in order to get the last laugh, said "Guess what? Dumbledore's gay!"

This was pretty much my response:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/dumbledore-is-gay-lolcat.jpg

Polaris
10-21-2007, 02:20 PM
lol even Dumbledore is gay :( where the hell did she get that idea?... I thought Harry Potter was gay not Dumbledore!:(

scrumpleberry
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I still think he's manipulative and heartless especially towards Sniv! so it hasn't really changed my interpretation of his personality.

But I think you can read his backstory in quite a different way now. Oh God, and when Rita Skeeter says "I devote an entire chapter to the whole Potter-Dumbledore relationship" I crack up laughing. I'm stupid like that.

Old Manus
10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
@Manus head

No. Just no.

Its 12 O Clock and England just lost the rugby...

MEANIE :cry:What :confused:

silentenigma
10-24-2007, 12:06 AM
gotta love liberal arts

Imperfectionist
10-24-2007, 10:52 PM
SHOCK.
AND.
AMAZEMENT.
But seriously, she did say "I always thought of Dumbledore as being gay"
Key word = 'thought'
So it was just her own interpretation of his character... if it was how she had meant him to be interpreted by her readers she would've included it in the book.

Doomie
10-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Oooh, posting lol. Well, I kind of have a problem with it. Here's the deal. If she had mentioned it in her book, it would be okay. I'd consider it part of the story and read on. Now, it seems like she just said for the sole purpose of pissing people off. She just said it to add fuel to the fire, and I think fuel to the fire adders (What?) are stupid. :)

rubah
10-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Homophobe stones are igneous.

<i>Some</i>one teaches little children!