PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Tv links

Freya
10-20-2007, 07:39 AM
"TV Links, a Web site that provided links to hundreds of movies, documentaries, TV shows and cartoons hosted on streaming media sites such as Google Video and YouTube, has been raided by UK authorities. The Site's operator was also arrested, The Guardian reports. Even though the site has not hosted any pirated content, it was a thorn in the side of movie and TV studios, thanks to having links to newest movies and TV shows. As the largest site of its kind, it showcased the power of user-driven Internet, with the site's visitors helping to keep links to content constantly updated." (http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/19/1846236)
If anyone at all used this. I'm sorry to tell you but it's now gone. I personally can't watch some animes and such. sad day. Sad day..... Anyone else distressed?

Miriel
10-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Noooo. :(

Rase
10-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Well that pretty much sucks like no other.

Rengori
10-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Dammit, I only just learned that was a few days ago!

Del Murder
10-20-2007, 09:06 AM
That sucks, now how am I going to see Battlestar Galactica?

Sergeant Hartman
10-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Epic fail!

NeoCracker
10-20-2007, 09:49 AM

By paying for the DVD Boxsets?

Miriel
10-20-2007, 09:56 AM

It's kinda hard to do that if you're trying to keep up with the show while it's airing and DVDs aren't an option.

NeoCracker
10-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Ah, right, its not over yet, is it?

Don't keep up on most shows.

Resha
10-20-2007, 10:27 AM
My heart is shattering in my ribcage. I used to watch all the Monty Pythons and Blackadders and Fawlty Towers on there ;__;

FUCK >=( I'M SO ANGRY

Araciel
10-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Or downloading the ISOs of said dvds

Tallulah
10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Now I will actually have to pay good money to get Family Guy on DVD. Money I don't have. :(

TyphoonThaReapa
10-20-2007, 11:49 AM
No...this can't be...why? Why must you torment me God? Why? First, 2pac was shoot, then the first season of Power Rangers was over, now I can't watch either anymore?...This is...this is so wrong...I'm gonna go cut myself now...:crying2:

Captain Maxx Power
10-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Not hugely. By the end most of the videos they had posted were either not working or absolutely crawling. Still, I can always just download most of the programmes I feel like watching when they come out. I'm not one for watching repeats anyway unless they happen to be on the telly.

Heath
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Now I will actually have to pay good money to get Family Guy on DVD. Money I don't have. :(

BBC Three are still showing it, I think. Two episodes from 10:30 on a Tuesday evening. It wasn't on this week so I don't know if they're still doing that, but worth keeping an eye out for. Also, if you have Sky, the FX Channel (169 or something like that) shows it.

My heart is shattering in my ribcage. I used to watch all the Monty Pythons and Blackadders and Fawlty Towers on there ;__;

smurf >=( I'M SO ANGRY

Loads of Monty Python sketches are up on YouTube, as are several Fawlty Towers episodes (I was watching Waldorf Salad the other day). As for Blackadder, well, the DVD boxset is well worth an investment. Or as a reward for doing well in exams, which was how I got it xD

Slothy
10-20-2007, 01:01 PM

It's kinda hard to do that if you're trying to keep up with the show while it's airing and DVDs aren't an option.

There's this lovely thing called cable. Doesn't cost much a month really. And if you're going to be busy when the shows on, they've had these nifty devices called VCR's for a while that will let you actually record things and watch them later.

Long story short, I don't give a crap if it's down. I have no problem watching or taping shows when they're on, and I have no issues with buying DVD sets of the shows I like later on.

ReloadPsi
10-20-2007, 02:10 PM
As far as I could tell, TV Links would have been where legal departments looked in order to find out who was hosting their copyrighted material.

"Sir, I can't find any sites illegally hosting our shows, yet the ratings are low and somehow it's being discussed as though millions of people watched it."
"Hmm, nnyes... did you check TV Links?"

This is just my perception of it, but I imagine lots of stuff would still be online if TV Links hadn't been acting as a big red "COME HERE AND DEMAND ITS DELETION!" beacon.

Also, the ridiculous system they implemented whereby the shows opened in a special TV Links window (you know, instead of the way they used to link to the webpage with it on) was just really frustrating to use as it made it harder to tell if they'd simply screwed up a link or if it had actually gone dead.

Now if only the same thing could happen to eBaumsworld.

Psychotic
10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Haven't you people heard of alluc.org?

Del Murder
10-20-2007, 06:19 PM
There's this lovely thing called cable. Doesn't cost much a month really. And if you're going to be busy when the shows on, they've had these nifty devices called VCR's for a while that will let you actually record things and watch them later.

Long story short, I don't give a crap if it's down. I have no problem watching or taping shows when they're on, and I have no issues with buying DVD sets of the shows I like later on.
I've had cable for 2 years and SciFi wasn't one of the channels they offered. Yet today I looked and found that I now get it! Yay!

Freya
10-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah I went there for some shows that i also dont get Del. Now meh they are gone.

ReloadPsi
10-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Haven't you people heard of alluc.org?

They have lots of Stargate SG-1! (Goes and binges before this site becomes a target like I'm so sure it will)

scrumpleberry
10-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I NEVER FINISHED WATCHING AZUMANGA DAIOH!

Miriel
10-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Oh! Wow, how you've enlightened me!

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Awww....

...well that's what we get for being pirates :cry:

ReloadPsi
10-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I NEVER FINISHED WATCHING AZUMANGA DAIOH!

And since TV Links got all dumb and decided not to usually tell you where the episodes were being linked from (you had to work it out) you don't know whether to search YouTube, DailyMotion, Veoh, Tudou, Stage6, PutFile or "other" for it :P

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2007, 09:14 PM
NO WAI! NO *censor*ING WAI!

How could this happen?... :(

And to think, the day before last I was frustrated the site wasn't working, and was optimistic that it would be running the next day...

Breine
10-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I guess it's morally right that it got shut down, but as you said Lekana I won't be able to watch those more rare animes and such on there anymore.

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I've been going to Veoh (http://www.veoh.com) and Vidi Life (http://www.vidilife.com) now :p

Hazzard
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I can't function without my Claymore!!!!

Albel
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
NOOOO! Now I have to wait for season 2 of Heroes to come out in England. Which will be in like a year. And I have to watch the new Avatar on this wierd thing called a television.

Tasura
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Fuck. That is all I really have to say on this matter, other than the fact that most of what I was watching on there I was watching due to lack of it being buyable, like Night Head Genesis and Amaenaide yo!

McLovin'
10-21-2007, 10:33 PM
this is terrible :(

Discord
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
I can't function without my Claymore!!!!

Claymore's over anyway. There were only 26 episodes, all of which could have been found on stage6.:p

I've actually noticed it recently. Annoyed me quite a bit, but meh, you knew it would happen someday. From this moment onwards, I suggest promoting anarchy over the net.

Tallulah
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Or buying more rental credit to get out your favourite box sets.

I might take out Heroes next.

Seraphic
10-22-2007, 12:52 AM
I had just gotten into Heroes with tv-links...
Oh well :/

Germ Hamee
10-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Um. Did everyone forget about bit torrent or something? It's not exactly instant play, but the quality's a lot better. All your TV shows are still available if you <i>really</i> want them.

Lawr
10-22-2007, 03:22 AM
Ippo!!!!

Shiny
10-22-2007, 03:27 AM
Ah man, Swiper no swiping!

Tasura
10-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Um. Did everyone forget about bit torrent or something? It's not exactly instant play, but the quality's a lot better. All your TV shows are still available if you <i>really</i> want them.

Good luck finding an active torrent from a 4-5 year old show.

Young Mally
10-22-2007, 05:25 AM
No more DragonBallZ/GT,No more Vegeta,Or worse NO MORE GOKU! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:crying:

Germ Hamee
10-22-2007, 07:42 AM

Good luck finding an active torrent from a 4-5 year old show.

Then get a job and pay for it. :D

Elly
10-22-2007, 01:36 PM
i don't see what the big deal is, i myself would much rather have the DVD's for the packaging, bonuses, extra features, and the one thing you can't get from watching TV on the net and that is good picture and sound quality... i never understood why ppl would want to watch tv on the net on a tiny window with pixilated immages and sound that seems to be coming from a tin can, i think it's a waste for my NVidia 8800GTS & Creative Audio 24bit 5.1 Surround to be playing inferior product... on the flip side i can't see why tv and movie execs get upset about their product being out on the net when the quality is stripped away in the first place, it hardly compares to their products on DVD...

Discord
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
i don't see what the big deal is, i myself would much rather have the DVD's for the packaging, bonuses, extra features, and the one thing you can't get from watching TV on the net and that is good picture and sound quality... i never understood why ppl would want to watch tv on the net on a tiny window with pixilated immages and sound that seems to be coming from a tin can, i think it's a waste for my NVidia 8800GTS & Creative Audio 24bit 5.1 Surround to be playing inferior product... on the flip side i can't see why tv and movie execs get upset about their product being out on the net when the quality is stripped away in the first place, it hardly compares to their products on DVD...

Totally newb.:tongue: Ever heard of Stage6, pal? You can already get HD-Resolution films with high-quality AC3 sound, which make DVDs look like a poor ripoff. You don't get a pansy cover though.

Elly
10-22-2007, 01:51 PM
actualy if i want high quality video that i can't get on DVD yet i get it through torrents, but as i get the DVDs i delete the files from my HDD...

Discord
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Why get them via torrents if you can just download them with 2 MB/s speed from a server dedicated to this sort of thing.:P But, meh, no big difference really.

DK
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Ippo!!!!

All on Stage 6. Trust me on that one. :D

Anyway, it amuses me how so many people are acting like this was totally unexpected out of the blue and the worst thing of all time. It was so blatantly going to happen sooner or later, I'm just glad I got to watch as much crap I would have never gotten to watch without it.