PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with regrets?

GOD GUNDAM
10-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, I need help with dealing with my regrets because I guess matybe part of me is insecure, even though sometime people tell me that I'm a little bit cocky! One of my regrets was that I kissed my mom on the lips when I was like 11 or 12, but I did it at the spur of a moment without thinking at all and my mom didn't say anything! My regret is that by looking it, it seem to be a taboo to me! Any advice, that would makes me feel more at ease, would help! In addition, should I tell my mom about this regret of mine? There are more regrets in my life, but I'm going to my school counselor for that!

demondude
10-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Not sure. :/

Try saying sorry?

prayzer
10-20-2007, 03:51 PM
One of my regrets was that I kissed my mom on the lips when I was like 11 or 12, but I did it at the spur of a moment without thinking at all and my mom didn't say anything! My regret is that by looking it, it seem to be a taboo to me!

Well, as far as I'm concerned, as long as it didn't cause you to have any "feelings" I don't see anything wrong with it. The thing is, she probably didn't think anything about it either. Now, it would be a whole different story if it had been a "French" kiss with tongue action and everything. :yuck:

escobert
10-20-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah, if it was a peck then whatever.

And I don't regret anything in my life. It's all only made me smarter and better. Why bother dwelling on the things you can't change?

Madame Adequate
10-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I deal with regrets by pushing them all deep, deep down inside me to the most repressed places of my mind and letting them lightly simmer there for years.

Bunny
10-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Is your mom hot? Because if so, kissing her is perfectly fine and natural. I would suggest doing more things. Keep it in the family, you know?

I ignore my regrets until they give up and go away.

Renmiri
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
My kids gave me goooey kisses on the mouth all the time when they were toddlers. (Pecks with lips full of PB & Jelly you pervs!)

Don't fret, even if you did do more than just a peck on the cheek that got misdirected, it is very normal. Freud has proved that almost 80 years ago, the first interest of a boy is the mom and for a girl is the dad. It isn't something sick or even sexual it is just the beginning of the development of every healthy human being. Getting over those feelings and realizing that your true feelings for your parents are different than what you feel for a girl / boy is part of learning about love and the different kinds of love.

Those feelings happen with parents and caretakers such as teachers, mentors or even shrinks. And that is why it is so wrong - even illegal - for a teacher to date a student. Because the student is going through a natural phase but the adult teacher is way past it. So the adult is taking advantage of the student's innocence and lack of knowledge.

MKusanagi
10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Um... I asked my dad for a french kiss when I was 13. It's a strange time in life and things we do are incredibly weird. Forget about it. Don't worry about it. That isn't worth your thinking time. There are far worse things to regret. My regrets are valid. And I will regret my actions for the rest of my life. Some days I'm almost paralyzed by guilt and grief. Other days I am able to keep it in my depths. If it was truly something to regret it would be with you for the rest of your life. I doubt kissing your mom on the lips as a kid is really going to stay with you that long.

GOD GUNDAM
10-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I guess it was a peck and thank God for that!

Miriel
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I ignore my regrets until they give up and go away.

Basically, yeah.

Zeldy
10-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I just move on and get over it. Dwelling will only make me feel worse, what's done is done. I just forget about it.

Venom65437
10-22-2007, 06:42 AM
I don't have any. Regrets are worthless and will only make you upset. So my advise is to leave the past in the past. Learn from it and move on.

Rengori
10-22-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't have any. Regrets are worthless and will only make you upset. So my advise is to leave the past in the past. Learn from it and move on.

confidence999
10-22-2007, 07:04 AM
I will say sorry if i feel regret...

Masamunemaster
10-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Regretss=crap=dumpster

Rengori
10-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Don't say anything, ignore it and pretend it didn't happen.

I know exactly how you feel though...

Jess
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I try to ignore my regrets.

Peegee
10-23-2007, 06:58 PM
It's not quite regrets as much as it's like 'OH GOD YOU IDIOT'. Then I go to sleep until it happens again xD

It's not really anything I should put much stock in 'fixing'. You can't be completely accepting of your own actions. Oh man if you were, you'd be so conceited /swoon.

Monol
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Forgive but but dont forget. Its ok to regret things but dont let it affect you in any way. Bad stuff happens do you just kind of move on.

Im horrible at moving on so I just push everything deep inside until the day I inevitably explode...oh yes i'll be waiting...and yes i'll be ready!! muhahaha *Hurls himself into the sun* I REGRET NOTHING!!!!

rubah
10-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, I need help with dealing with my regrets because I guess matybe part of me is insecure, even though sometime people tell me that I'm a little bit cocky! One of my regrets was that I kissed my mom on the lips when I was like 11 or 12, but I did it at the spur of a moment without thinking at all and my mom didn't say anything! My regret is that by looking it, it seem to be a taboo to me! Any advice, that would makes me feel more at ease, would help! In addition, should I tell my mom about this regret of mine? There are more regrets in my life, but I'm going to my school counselor for that!

She's your mom. She was kissing your lips before you could regret anything. lips ≠ passionate necessarily

Faris
10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I deal with regrets by pushing them all deep, deep down inside me to the most repressed places of my mind and letting them lightly simmer there for years.

Pretty much. When they come back to me, they like to hit me in the face like a brick wall.

Rostum
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
I tend not to regret much. If I do, I just try to forget about it and movie on, or else it is just wasted energy.