PDA

View Full Version : Your personal Favorite 5 Final Boss battle theme(s) :3?

Markus. D
10-21-2007, 12:42 AM
I like quite a few... as ussually they are pretty epic ^^!

I like - The Vibe - End of Planets (Kenichi Takoi, PSU).

Fight to the Death (KHII) and the following one I can't remember the name of >_<

Devil May Cry 2 - Darkness Instinct (Argosax The Chaos Battle), Lucia's Version of the final boss, all zeh bosses merged together... went with the song so well <3

Devil May Cry 2 - Ragnarok (The Despair Embodied Battle), Dante's Version of the final boss... >_< Actually this is the only part I began to like Serious dante... because of after the battle... you see you whole bad-assery aspect (Oh, and the music suits the enviroment really well).

Decisive Battle from FFX, because it's fricken' epic...

I also like the final battle theme from Drakengard 2, never got the name though :[...

Those are the ones I currently like above all others ^^

crono_logical
10-22-2007, 06:33 PM
STIGMATA from Mana-Khemia comes to my mind first though (sung by Mitose Noriko), nice vocal goodness to finish off the game with after the decent soundtrack :p

Final Fantasys 4, 5 and certainly 6 are also up there despite being somewhat classic games now (don't think I've heard the remake versions for any of them) :p

Monol
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I have no idea the names of the songs but I can at least name the games...

1. Zelda OOT
2. Super mario world 2: yoshis island
3. Donkey kong country 2: diddys kong quest
4. FF8
5. Resting place (HAh i do know one :p ) - FFX-2

Markus. D
10-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Oooh some great songs here ^^

Zeromus_X
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
-Dancing Mad
-Highbrow
-Defy Destiny
-The Extreme
-The Battle for Everyone's Souls

Heath
10-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Dancing Mad (FFVI)
The 3 Karma/Decisive Battle (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Ghaleon's Battle Theme (Lunar: SSSC)
The Extreme (FFVIII)
Decisive Battle (FFX)

I think those would change depending on when you asked me. Pity that some fantastic battle themes are 'almost' final battles but not, such as The Dark Messenger, Jenova Absolute/The Birth of a God and Ridley's Battle Theme from Metroid Prime. Also especially worth of note is Grandia II's Fight!!! (Version 4).

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I can't even pick five!!!!!

These aren't in any special order:

The Vibe ~ End of the Planets (though personally, I thought The Last Story was better)
Decisive Battle ~ FFX
Battle for Freedom ~ FFXII
The Extreme ~ FFVIII
Summoned Monster Battle ~ FFX (Not quite the Final Battle, but it's still AWESOME and I can't die peacefully until I've heard it performed live!)
Demise ~ FFX-2

Bolivar
11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm surprised no one's said One Winged Angel yet, maybe I'm in the wrong thread... I was just thinking about it the other day, I heard an interview where Nobuo Uematsu said he wanted to combine Jimi Hendrix with a famous russian composer, I think it was Stokowski, and the result is what you get at the end of FFVII. I'm not gonna try to explain it any further, the instruments, the different parts, it was crazy...

Anyone wants to watch the vid it's here, not sure if it's in pt. 1 or 2:

YouTube - Nobuo Uematsu Special 1/2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqEnZ608Qlg)

Ashley Schovitz
11-09-2007, 01:02 AM
snake Eater MGS3
FFIX and something else

ReloadPsi
11-09-2007, 09:41 AM
The one from FF9
The one from Yoshi's Island on the SNES
The one from Guilty Gear (Meet Again)
The one from Guilty Gear X (Awe of She)
And the one from uh... well I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that one. Does "Bark At The Moon" in the first Guitar Hero count as a final boss theme? As much as I hate Ozzy, I loved closing the game with this song.

I'm glad to see someone beat me to the punch on Yoshi's Island there as well!

CelestialStarDust
11-15-2007, 05:53 AM
Battle with Gilgamesh comes to mind first,and blocks all others out.

Karellen
11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
1. Dancing Mad - Final Fantasy VI
2. Final Boss - Sonic 3 and Knuckles
3. Dracula Battle Theme - Castlevania Dracular X, Dawn of Sorrow (Julius Mode) and various others.
4. The Battle For Freedom - Final Fantasy XII
5. One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII

Promised Pain from Xenosaga III probably would have edged out OWA if it hadn't been used as a regular BGM elsewhere in the game.

Vermachtnis
11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Freya (Star Ocean 3 (Post game final bosses should count too))
Lavos' Final Form (Chrono Trigger)
Sinistral (Lufia 2)
Valkyrie VS Lezard (Valkyrie Profile 2)
Brahman (SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2)