PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War!!!

Hazzard
10-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I think we need an official thread for this game, so lets just chat about queries, praises or faults within the game. I've just started playing it and it's really difficult, but I wanna hear what you guys have got to say about the good old Gearz'in!

Rostum
10-21-2007, 11:58 AM
From what I have played, it was boring. :p

Markus. D
10-21-2007, 05:45 PM
It's refreshing for a shooter.

But in the end, it's a shooter.

Hazzard
10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Can someone tell me how long the game spans for, cause I'm getting the feeling I've nearly reached halfway point in 4-5 hours.

Also, this is my first shooter so maybe I'm being a little dramatic.

Jings
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
It doesn't last much longer than six or seven hours which, for a £35 game, is ridiculous. To be fair though, by the third and fourth hour I couldn't wait to finish due to the mind-numbing repetitiveness.

Of course I'm not a very big fan of those types of games in the first place.

Hazzard
10-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh, that's a shame, I thought the plot of Marcus Felix would develop the further you get into the game...

Spammerman
10-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Oh, that's a shame, I thought the plot of Marcus Felix would develop the further you get into the game...

If what xbox live-ers say is true, then its gonna be a trilogy, so why maybe theyre saving development for later games

McLovin'
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
It's only fun in cooperative mode.

Ouch!
10-22-2007, 02:23 AM
I found the game play god awful.

Necronopticous
10-22-2007, 02:24 AM
I loved the Hell out of the single player. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

The co-op campaign is an insane amount of fun.

Psychotic
10-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Gears of War is fantastic. There's a lot of replay value to be had out of the single player campaign, if you ask me. I haven't even tried it on co-op, but if anyone here wants to do it with me sometime, let me know, 'cause I'd be up for that.

Also playing online is pretty damned awesome too. Well, Warzone mode is, anyway. Fuck Execution.

Markus. D
10-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Oh, speaking on my last comment.

I loved multiplayer on another note >_<

Theres just something about Multiplaying a shooter that makes it so much better.

Lawr
10-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Gears of War is fantastic. There's a lot of replay value to be had out of the single player campaign, if you ask me. I haven't even tried it on co-op, but if anyone here wants to do it with me sometime, let me know, 'cause I'd be up for that.

Also playing online is pretty damned awesome too. Well, Warzone mode is, anyway. smurf Execution.

Annex FTW

Psychotic
10-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Annex is alright, the problem is that you get sniperfags 'cause of how you can last so long, especially on Gridlock.

Lawr
10-22-2007, 03:15 AM
I might have been that sniperfag

Psychotic
10-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Your name isn't Chris.

XxSephirothxX
10-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Fantastic campaign, a bit short, but even better on co-op. I've played through it online two or three times, and once you've played it more than once it's easy to beat it in like 3-4 hours. And still fun.

One of my friends became addicted to it online and played it on my XBox far more than I did, so I have less opinion on the multiplayer. It was very fun, though, with a lot of glitches that Epic did a poor job of handling. Annex was definitely my favorite mode--it's fun to have a tactical game in which one death means you're out of the round, but playing with people you don't know generally inclines you not to want to talk to them, which kills off a vital part of making a team-based game like that work well.

Lawr
10-22-2007, 03:30 AM
Fantastic campaign, a bit short, but even better on co-op. I've played through it online two or three times, and once you've played it more than once it's easy to beat it in like 3-4 hours. And still fun.

One of my friends became addicted to it online and played it on my XBox far more than I did, so I have less opinion on the multiplayer. It was very fun, though, with a lot of glitches that Epic did a poor job of handling. Annex was definitely my favorite mode--it's fun to have a tactical game in which one death means you're out of the round, but playing with people you don't know generally inclines you not to want to talk to them, which kills off a vital part of making a team-based game like that work well.

I played fine without the team-killing chipmunks. Most of the time I was talking was if I was glitching with my friends, on both teams, other than that, maybe just telling them where a sniper was.

Psychotic
10-22-2007, 03:30 AM
Annex was definitely my favorite mode--it's fun to have a tactical game in which one death means you're out of the roundThat's Warzone. You respawn until the end of the round on Annex.

XxSephirothxX
10-22-2007, 03:33 AM
I totally fucked that sentence up. What I meant was: while I enjoy the tactical, one-death-you're-out gameplay in theory, I enjoyed Annex's respawning far more because teams rarely communicated much and that sucks for Warzone or Execution.

Hazzard
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on doing Multi-player with a couple friends from school who are insanely addicted to Gearz-of-War. Nice to see some positive comments, and I think the Gameplay is outstanding - I love it!

I think I might complete it today, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

By the way, what are the requirements needed to play Co-op or online Gearz'in?

Spammerman
10-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on doing Multi-player with a couple friends from school who are insanely addicted to Gearz-of-War. Nice to see some positive comments, and I think the Gameplay is outstanding - I love it!

I think I might complete it today, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

By the way, what are the requirements needed to play Co-op or online Gearz'in?

Online you just need gold live
co-op you need someone on the same console, a system link i think, or live.

theundeadhero
10-25-2007, 02:26 AM
I really want to play this, but I can never find a copy so it's looks like I'll be waiting until I can get one in December.

Spammerman
10-25-2007, 03:48 AM
try your local gamestop or eb games undead.

theundeadhero
10-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Not many of those around in the middle of a combat zone :p

Spammerman
10-29-2007, 05:05 AM

?

Shoeberto
10-29-2007, 05:09 AM

?
hero's in the military

XxSephirothxX
10-29-2007, 05:42 AM
hero is the military. Marcus Phoenix's got nothing on him. The Cole Train might be able to keep up with him, though.

Spammerman
10-29-2007, 05:52 AM
hero is the military. Marcus Phoenix's got nothing on him. The Cole Train might be able to keep up with him, though.

why cause hes black? why not dom

Psychotic
10-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Dom is clearly Hispanic.

Spammerman
10-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Possibly puerto rican, hes got a knife.

escobert
10-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Alll I know it they added 3 new chapters and 2 new multiplayer maps to the PC version do I'm stoked.

Hazzard
10-29-2007, 09:41 PM

DON'T STEREOTYPE! :mad2:

Spammerman
10-30-2007, 02:00 AM

DON'T STEREOTYPE! :mad2:

You obviously dont know me much.

LunarWeaver
11-03-2007, 07:30 PM
I loooove this game. I got it around last week and thought it really lived up to the hype. This is one of those games that sways a shooter in such a new direction other games will be copying off of it for years to come.

My only problem is my teammates were useless D: I managed to get through Act 1 and 2 on Insane difficulty and halfway through three, but then I got frustrated. That stupid asshole Princess (that's my personal name for Baird) literally stands around doing nothing and Cole just goes "WHOO YEAH BABY~" and runs in and dies in three seconds.

Which is why multi-player is best, as you all have said. Although my free Live subscription ran up, so I only had my brother to play with :( But it was still fun. I do think the game is hella fun on single player, though. How can anyone describe that as boring ;_;

And for the record, chainsawing stuff is my favorite thing in history. I never fail to get immense glee from the level of blood that spurts everywhere.

theundeadhero
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh you gory man.

I sent a friend of mine on a mission today to pick this game up for me if they had a copy at another camp's store, but he failed.

Resha
11-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Hoho; don't have an Xbox, but this is one fun game to play. CHAINSAW. Pretty :skull::skull::skull::skull: at it though.

Psychotic
11-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey Lunar why didn't you tell me you got it, finally? This breaks my heart! :( I mean sure we couldn't have played together, but we could've LIVED together!

LunarWeaver
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey Lunar why didn't you tell me you got it, finally? This breaks my heart! :( I mean sure we couldn't have played together, but we could've LIVED together!

If it makes you feel any better, I pretend that Kim is you. So at least I was thinking of you. I compared our achievements by the way, and I must say I am more badass than you are.

Psychotic
11-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I have more points on Gears than you do though. :goofy: