PDA

View Full Version : War of the Lions.

Dark Messenger
10-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I noticed a few things.

It appears that no one says any 'spell quotes' anymore. Like for Holy Sword, Magic...

And the 'duplicate' and 'JP scroll glitches' are gone, but I rarely used them anyway, except for Masamune... well, Samurai isn't my thing, really... I just use it to get Dark Knight.

How much Balthier owns! He's great with Poach (Barrage + Poach).

And... Balthier's gun "Ras Algethi" or something and Mirage Vest, I wonder if there's a way to get more than one...

And the Onion Knight... I don't know how it works out... it can't equip abilities and it only has Attack....

.:kerrod:.
10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
There are a few threads around about the onion knight, so you should really look around to get that information, but basically, he starts on job level 1, he's weak, and doesn't earn EXP or JP. THEN HOW DO YOU LEVEL HIM UP?! :o To make him stronger you must master other classes, for every TWO classes you master, the onion knight will go up by 1 job level, however, mastering squire, chemist, mime or dark knight doesnt count. By the time you get him to job level 8, he's a powerhouse, because his stat growth is huge, he will pwn everybody.

As for the glitches, this is the first i've heard of them...care to give me a run-down?

And yes, i also miss the little sayings :( i only noticed this a few days ago and a small part of me died

Necronopticous
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I love the new translation and cutscenes, and I'm having a good time with the game when I get chances to play it. Let's face it, though, there is no excuse for the slowdown or the in-game graphical blurriness.

Square-Enix should just be barred from doing ports at this point because they clearly have no concept of the most important features of a well-ported game. Focus on making the game fully functional on the new hardware first, and then worry about about extra content, not the other way around.

Kenshin IV
10-22-2007, 03:50 AM
I have not tried it out yet, but I heard they removed all traces of Religion from the story. Since that was sort of important, that scares me.

I'm not shocked about the slow-down, though. All of their other hand held ports are like that. It's not Square who ports them though, it's another company whose name escapes me.

Necronopticous
10-22-2007, 04:08 AM
It is Square-Enix that is accountable, regardless.

Kenshin IV
10-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Yeah, they have final say in it. I (unfortunately) don't think they really care about it. As long as they can get it out there for a seemingly fair cost to them.

.:kerrod:.
10-22-2007, 05:27 AM
yeah, the removal of 'blame yourself, or God' really killed me, what a great line, but because of today's standards, they had to take it out...

Kenshin IV
10-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Actually, that's the line that was brought up when I was told about it. I was not happy, to say the least.

I'd really be worried now if they ever decided to port Xenogears.

Necronopticous
10-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Just for the record, Delita's retranslated line, 'Tis your birth and faith that wrong you, not I, is far superior to the original that everyone swoons over for some reason.

Kenshin IV
10-22-2007, 05:48 AM
That is actually pretty cool. I'm reserving my judgment till I actually play it for myself, but the whole idea that anything with a religious base is removed from the game doesn't sit well with me.

Necronopticous
10-22-2007, 05:54 AM
This new line does nothing of the sort, though. It is completely synonymous in every way to the original, only it uses richer diction.

Kenshin IV
10-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Yeah, which is why I can accept that. I've heard some other things as well, though. I'm not exactly taking it all at face value. I don't like to do that. So again, I'm going to reserve my judgment.
Even if I don't care for the re-translation, I'll still play it for gameplay and multiplayer purposes. I'll always have my PSX version for story, after all.