PDA

View Full Version : A rose by any other name...

Momiji
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
All right, I'm tired of it. My screen name, that is. It was totally on impulse back in January. I don't even really care for the song it's the title of that much any more.

Therefore....

What should my new name be?

(I'm being serious here. Nothing ridiculous, please?)

Rye
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
When it comes to making screennames I think that interests, song titles, nicknames or combinations of your current name or your current name and old names and such help. Maybe a liiiist. :3

scrumpleberry
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I think your current suits you, but I suppose...

What other names have you used? Apart from your real one XD?

Momiji
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
When it comes to making screennames I think that interests, song titles, nicknames or combinations of your current name or your current name and old names and such help. Maybe a liiiist. :3

I already did all of that though. Twilight Paladin= interests (a Final Fantasyish name I came up with), and then I changed it to Justin, which is my name, and then Poetically Pathetic is a song title by Amber Pacific. D:

Rye
10-21-2007, 08:05 PM

I already did all of that though. Twilight Paladin= interests (a Final Fantasyish name I came up with), and then I changed it to Justin, which is my name, and then Poetically Pathetic is a song title by Amber Pacific. D:

Hmmm... this is a toughie. I'll keep thinking on it though.

Leeza
10-21-2007, 08:06 PM

I think that making your screenname from something that your are currently interested in, such as song titles, nicknames, bands, games, etc. to not good because that means that when you lose interest you will again be wanting to get your name changed. It's far better (and more approvable by those who will actually be changing your name :)) that you stick with something that you will not get bored with, but reflects who you really are. :cat:

Momiji
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM

I think that making your screenname from something that your are currently interested in, such as song titles, nicknames, bands, games, etc. to not good because that means that when you lose interest you will again be wanting to get your name changed. It's far better (and more approvable by those who will actually be changing your name :)) that you stick with something that you will not get bored with, but reflects who you really are. :cat:

Well, my current one does kind of sort of reflect who I am. I just don't like it much anymore, it was just an impulse switch I made back in January because I thought just using my real name as a user name was kind of boring.

Marshall Banana
10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Sweetcakes! It's cute.

Rye
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM

Yeah, that is true. That was the case with my first screenname. I like mine a lot because it's a nickname that I was called and that I enjoyed. I also liked the sound of it. :3

Shiny
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Tickle Me Emo

Momiji
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Tickle Me Emo

I would say that falls under the 'ridiculous' category. >.o

theundeadhero
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Don't you dare change your name. I like it :(

Cz
10-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I like your name too. Tickle Me Emo is pretty fantastic, though. xD

Or Poetically Prolific. But I still think you've got a good name, and you should stick with it. :)

cloud21zidane16
10-21-2007, 08:25 PM
You should keep your name.

demondude
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Justin the pathetic paladin.

Psychotic
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Hairy Julian.

Lucavi Rocks
10-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Just Pathetic is a funny misnomer that combines your given name with your current screen name!

Tavrobel
10-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Tickle Me Emo

Win. Bloody fucking win.

rubah
10-22-2007, 04:08 AM
just go back to justin

actually that whole phrase would be a pretty trippy name.

XxSephirothxX
10-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Action Boy 3000.

Jojee
10-22-2007, 04:13 AM
Just change it to something ridiculous, you can do it again in 6 months anyway! ;) *runs from admins*

At least you can, unlike AIM. I made my AIM screenname as a Freshman in high school... what, almost 8 years ago? It blows. D: But everyone already knows it and I'm too lazy to change now.

Agent Proto
10-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Poetically Justin...

Or perhaps "Best name ever"

escobert
10-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Tickle Me Emo

Win. Bloody smurfing win.

Rengori
10-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Call yourself "Indecisively Indeginous"

Bunny
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Pathetic.

Momiji
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Ugh, it's so hard to decide...

And no, I'm not changing it to Tickle Me Emo. If YOU like it so much maybe YOU should change YOUR name to it. >_>

Any ideas that aren't sickeningly sarcastic?

escobert
10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I can't change my name for awhile or I would!

Momiji
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
How much longer?

escobert
10-22-2007, 07:27 PM
who knows. I change my name too much :p

LunarWeaver
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmm.. I can't think of any :(! This is something you really have to choose for yourself. If somebody else picks it, it will never feel like it's truly yours. I say just pick something that's you and to the point. It doesn't have to be some fancy latin or anything. Like "Shiny" is simple but also totally her and I associate it with her now forever.

Maybe if you do like poetry, you can find a word or fancy phrase a favorite poet of yours used? I don't think that falls under the trap of naming yourself something hobby-related, because it's obscure and more personal than crap like "CloudVivi1566."

~*~Celes~*~
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Candidly Anapestic =]

Peegee
10-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I remember a discussion with Leeza I had when I visited her. Either she said that she didn't like the idea of changing user/screen names, or she was telling me that screen names can't be changed any more. In any case, I remember that I agreed that changing usernames is teh bad.

Interestingly I have had several screen name changes. Being friends with an admin is very sweet.

Momiji
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, if and when I come up with a new name, I'll probably keep it from here on out, unless I brilliantly come up with something a year or later from now.

escobert
10-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I remember a discussion with Leeza I had when I visited her. Either she said that she didn't like the idea of changing user/screen names, or she was telling me that screen names can't be changed any more. In any case, I remember that I agreed that changing usernames is teh bad.

Interestingly I have had several screen name changes. Being friends with an admin is very sweet.

I think the staff has final say now. they can choose not to change it or something.

Momiji
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Either way, I believe I've finally decided. Who should I talk to? xD

(hint: it's a character's name in one of my favorite anime shows)

Levian
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Leeza

demondude
10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
He'll change it to gokukid just you watch.

Shauna
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM

(hint: it's a character's name in one of my favorite anime shows)

What about when you decide you don't like that character anymore, or like it less? What then? WHAT THEN!?

Momiji
10-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Leeza

I don't know if I should trust you after that MSN conversation Paul dragged me into last night. :P

Hazzard
10-22-2007, 08:47 PM
lol, Tickle Me Emo, lol...:rolleyes2

Rengori
10-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Just remember Poe, once you change your name you can never change it back.

Evastio
10-23-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm thinking you should change your name back to one of your previous ones or make it something like Shadow Paladin.

Yamaneko
10-23-2007, 04:00 AM
It was nice knowing you.

NeoCracker
10-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Wrath of the Emo is clearly the best name for you.

Momiji
10-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Hmmm...however tired of it as I am, I don't think I'll change it JUST yet.

I still wanna think about it

@Yams: What are you talking about? How could you know me if you never talked to me before?

NeoCracker
10-23-2007, 04:14 AM
ITs best not to question yams.

He's an old School Killer.

Lucavi Rocks
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Who is giving this guy a choice? Shouldn't we run a poll over the suggested names and give him the end result because he was asking the whole forum for a name? Let's give him one!:mwahaha:

Levian
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Leeza

I don't know if I should trust you after that MSN conversation Paul dragged me into last night. :P

You could always trust the FAQ instead y'know. :D

Peegee
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Now you want an anime character's name? You're sure to get bored of that.

Momiji
10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Now you want an anime character's name? You're sure to get bored of that.

I said I changed my mind. I'm not changing my name yet.

stalpho slayer
10-24-2007, 09:31 PM
i like yo name

Vivisteiner
10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
That title was jacked from Romeo and Hooliet.

(Just in case no one mentioned it already.)

Quindiana Jones
10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Just pick FF character names, and then add a load of numbers.

I think Rikku56983 or Yuna87954 would be safe bets. You could always fall on Tidus<36985 if you were unsure.

But seriously, if you're asking other people for a name then there's no point changing it. It should be something you make up.

Momiji
10-25-2007, 02:09 AM
That title was jacked from Romeo and Juliet.

(Just in case no one mentioned it already.)

First of all, I think we all knew that, and second of all, how dare you mess with the title of such a masterpiece?

Vivisteiner
10-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I know more about Romeo and Wholiet than you anyway, so shhhhhhh.

And no, we didnt all know that, I would wager.

Momiji
10-25-2007, 12:12 PM
I know more about Romeo and Wholiet than you anyway, so shhhhhhh.

Who are you to say that? :mad2:

Vivisteiner
10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
^Mercutio

Loony BoB
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Hmmm...however tired of it as I am, I don't think I'll change it JUST yet.

I still wanna think about it
So should this thread be closed or something? I 'unno. If you do ever change your name, just make it a name. Too many people use sentences and the like as names these days and it just doesn't work for me at all. And if you have nothing but a description, much like yours is now, is also not doing you any favours because people will stereotype you forever with it (hands up who thinks Poetically Pathetic is emo?). For the most part, it takes a very long time for someone with a descriptive word to be seen as a person named that descriptive word rather than someone who is that descriptive word. Go for something like Fwab, or at least something almost as awesome that isn't taken, anyway. Names > Descriptions > Sentences.

@Yams: What are you talking about? How could you know me if you never talked to me before?
I think he was suggesting he will no longer recognise you once you change your name. I too have trouble remembering who is who when they change names after finally establishing themselves under an existing one.

Momiji
10-25-2007, 06:22 PM
^Mercutio

Uh hey, I did an 8 page report on the analysis of Mercutio's character in the play last year. He was my favorite character in the play. :mad2:

MKusanagi
10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Um...how should I know? You leave us with no choice! There's no way I'm leaving my thread without posting. It's just not right. But what could I say! I got a tattoo that was my own design not from other's ideas. So make a list, man! But because this thread is just asking for silliness I must put in my twocents:
JustinRosePaladin
PoeticallyJustinRose
RoseofPoeticallyPaladin
RoseofPoeticallyJustin
RoseofJustin
TicklemeJustin
TickleMeRoseJustin
JustinTickles
JustinTicklesRose
RoseTicklesJustin
LoveYourPoems
PoemsofPathetic
JustinandthePoems
PatheticJustinPoems
Shakespeare
MercutioRose

^if anyone is lost I took the "rose" from the title of this thread since that's all I know bout PoeticallyPathetic

All the best,
Motoko

Momiji
10-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Um...how should I know? You leave us with no choice! There's no way I'm leaving my thread without posting. It's just not right. But what could I say! I got a tattoo that was my own design not from other's ideas. So make a list, man! But because this thread is just asking for silliness I must put in my twocents:
JustinRosePaladin
PoeticallyJustinRose
RoseofPoeticallyPaladin
RoseofPoeticallyJustin
RoseofJustin
TicklemeJustin
TickleMeRoseJustin
JustinTickles
JustinTicklesRose
RoseTicklesJustin
LoveYourPoems
PoemsofPathetic
JustinandthePoems
PatheticJustinPoems
Shakespeare

^if anyone is lost I took the "rose" from the title of this thread since that's all I know bout PoeticallyPathetic

All the best,
Motoko

I would totally go for Shakespeare if I knew more of his plays. I only really know Romeo and Juliet and King Lear in depth, but more Romeo and Juliet than King Lear. I loved reading Romeo and Juliet, and doing an 8 page report over Mercutio alone was really fun. ;)

Vivisteiner
10-25-2007, 10:25 PM
^Mercutio

Uh hey, I did an 8 page report on the analysis of Mercutio's character in the play last year. He was my favorite character in the play. :mad2:
I am Mercutio.

And I got 100% on my examination essay on the analysis of his character.

So there.

*sitcks out tongue*

:p

Hmm...Romeo is such an idiot. The pathetic, whiny, immoral, blinded git doesnt deserve such a famous play written in (partly) his name.

Momiji
10-26-2007, 03:16 AM
^Mercutio

I am Mercutio.

So there.

*sitcks out tongue*

Hmm...Romeo is such an idiot. The pathetic, whiny, immoral, blinded git doesnt deserve such a famous play written in (partly) his name.

Romeo was a love-starved moron. His death made it such a great ending.

I think we need a quiz-off on Mercutio to see who truly knows more.

XxSephirothxX
10-26-2007, 05:06 AM
I was completely serious about Action Boy 3000. If it's not cool enough for you, you could try Action Boy 4000.

MKusanagi
10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
TI-83!!!! Oh wait. That's my calculator.

41-Inches-Wide
10-26-2007, 06:45 AM
MoarAichaForGreatJustin!

xD fun.

Vivisteiner
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
^Mercutio

I am Mercutio.

So there.

*sitcks out tongue*

Romeo and Juliet Spoilers...
Romeo murdered Paris. Paris was a perfectly nice guy, and Romeo murdered him. Romeo is an impulsive, foolish and ultimately destructive person. Therefore I felt no sadness at his death.

Romeo also murdered Tybalt. Although I have more sympathy for him in that scenario since Tybalt killed Mercutio.

demondude
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM
It's blatently obvious that juliet was a man and romeo was gay.

Momiji
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
^Mercutio

I am Mercutio.

So there.

*sitcks out tongue*

Romeo and Juliet Spoilers...
Romeo murdered Paris. Paris was a perfectly nice guy, and Romeo murdered him. Romeo is an impulsive, foolish and ultimately destructive person. Therefore I felt no sadness at his death.

Romeo also murdered Tybalt. Although I have more sympathy for him in that scenario since Tybalt killed Mercutio.

The story is hundreds of years old. I don't think we need spoiler tags. :p

Vivisteiner
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
^lol, yeah, I was just making sure.

Anyway, do you see my point?

Momiji
10-26-2007, 06:42 PM
^lol, yeah, I was just making sure.

Anyway, do you see my point?

No. I didn't realize you had one. It's not like you're telling me anything I didn't already know.

Vivisteiner
10-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Stop trying to act all 'I know everything' on me. Because you dont.

I know everything. Ergo, I know that you dont know everything. ;)

Anyway, I was just saying. Because its a common belief that Romeo was innocent.

Momiji
10-27-2007, 02:03 AM

I never said I knew everything. I just know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you DON'T know everything.

Fonzie
10-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Poetically motherfucking Apathetic.

Psychotic
10-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Susan.
Esteban.
Christopher.
Julio Coolio.
The Gravy Man.

Vivisteiner
10-27-2007, 01:22 PM

I never said I knew everything. I just know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you DON'T know everything.
No. Just no.

Rocket Edge
10-27-2007, 03:10 PM
How about:

The Amazing Emo
Mr. Dejection
Down in the Dumps

Tickle Me Emo

Action Boy 3000.

Pathetic.
All win.

Momiji
10-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Ugh, why the hell can't my poetry thread be this popular? :mad2:

Fonzie
10-28-2007, 01:27 AM

No one reads poetry lol.

Momiji
10-28-2007, 01:30 AM

No one reads poetry lol.

Intelligent people do. >_>

Fonzie
10-28-2007, 01:32 AM

No one reads poetry lol.

All three of 'em.

Momiji
10-28-2007, 01:34 AM

No one reads poetry lol.

All three of 'em.

'Tis an unfortunate truth. :sweatdrop

Psychotic
10-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Bradley.
Julius.
Seymour.
Clarissa.
Anette.
Mr. Pipkins.
Mama.

Momiji
10-29-2007, 03:01 AM
Bradley.
Julius.
Seymour.
Clarissa.
Anette.
Mr. Pipkins.
Mama.

Now you're just being ridiculous, Paul. :mad2:

Rengori
10-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Pauletically Pathetic?

Psychotic
10-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Titus Bramble.

Rye
10-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Talking on the Talkies

Madame Adequate
10-29-2007, 03:44 AM

I think Rikku56983 or Yuna87954 would be safe bets. You could always fall on Tidus<36985 if you were unsure.

Or you could mix it up and combine that whole idea. For example, YunaRikku89253.

Rye
10-29-2007, 03:45 AM

Or you could mix it up and combine that whole idea. For example, YunaRikku89253.

Hatred. >:[ I shan't date you now.

Rengori
10-29-2007, 03:49 AM

*swoops in*

Momiji
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM

*swoops in*

*intercepts* Ryeeeeee~ ;)