PDA

View Full Version : Do the Makers of Final Fantasy like Lord of the Rings?

~Death~Stalker~910
10-21-2007, 11:37 PM
i wuz wonderin does the maker of final fantasy like lord of the rings because at the calm lands if u meet zuke near the edge of the cliff it say"this is were sin used the last of his power and spilt the gorge into" "then the summoner an sin fought all the way to the bottom" "the the calm came thanks to the great gandof" or somethin like that...an that is similar to lord of the rings when gandof saccrificed hiself to save frodo...what do u thank?

Mr Cactuar
10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
That is a strange conclusion.

Everyone like LOTR though, so yes.

Peter_20
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
I've noticed several similarities as well.
Many FFF games come with Mithril weapons (for your interest, "mithril" is Sindarin and means "gray brilliance"; the Quenya version would probably be "sindarillė").

And then there's this Gandof guy, whose name sounds eerily similar to "Gandalf".

~Death~Stalker~910
10-27-2007, 03:11 AM
mithril weapon is wat frodo has member?

The Magical Walrus
10-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Hmmm, perhaps.

But keep in mind that mithril weapons are not just found within Lord of the Rings or Final Fantasy. They are found right throughout mythology and as we already know, Square uses ideas from ancient mythology for names, etc.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-27-2007, 03:29 AM
ahhhh...uh...kewl i guess

Tavrobel
10-27-2007, 04:52 AM
mithril weapon is wat frodo has member?

No, he uses Sting, which is of Elven craft, and therefore, most likely something similar to steel. Mithril is primarily Dwarven; his ring-mail is Mithril. Everyone likes LotR. It's the basis for any fantasy-based story.

cally777
10-31-2007, 05:47 AM
Everybody does, but what is more strange is how little like LOTR FFX is, apart from what Death Stalker said.

Imagine if the two were swapped round. In LOTR Frodo finds out that throwing the Ring in Mt Doom is completely useless and its all a conspiracy of Gandalf and Aragorn to take over Gondor. Galadriel goes all Yunalesca on his a**e and he has to kill her, then go head to head with Sauron on an eagle. Etc.

Actually the scene where Galadriel freaks out in the film is a bit like Yunalesca. I wonder which came first?

:choc::choc::choc:

Skyblade
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Hmmm, perhaps.

But keep in mind that mithril weapons are not just found within Lord of the Rings or Final Fantasy. They are found right throughout mythology and as we already know, Square uses ideas from ancient mythology for names, etc.

Um, wrong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithril). Mithril was Tolkien's invention. It did not exist at all before he wrote the stories. There was no mythological origin of it.

~Death~Stalker~910
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
tats not very nice....

Tavrobel
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
tats not very nice....

How? Skyblade is correct. I fail to see where correcting someone's wrong fact and niceness are related.

~Death~Stalker~910
11-01-2007, 09:42 PM
im jus bored sry

No.78
11-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Hmmm, perhaps.

Um, wrong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithril). Mithril was Tolkien's invention. It did not exist at all before he wrote the stories. There was no mythological origin of it.

This is why I hate it whenever the word Mythril is used in anything other than tolkien stuffs

Peter_20
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Hmmm, perhaps.

Um, wrong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithril). Mithril was Tolkien's invention. It did not exist at all before he wrote the stories. There was no mythological origin of it.This is proved by the fact Tolkien invented the languages Quenya and Sindarin, and the words sinda/mith and rillė/ril are Quenyan and Sindarin words.

Heath
11-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Hmmm, perhaps.

It's not mith-ical? *rimshot*