PDA

View Full Version : Minor character's hometown's

chocobo hunter
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I have always wondered why there was no information about where they were from. Like where was Infalna from? hmm... mabye Cosmo Canyon? I don't really see her alone in the City of the ancient's. And what about the Turks and Shin-Ra staff where were they all from?

Hazzard
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I like your Sig...

TheSpoonyBard
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I believe the Ancients were nomadic people, travelling all over the world. They did settle in some locations, namely the Forgotten Capital. Those who settled and gave up the Ancient's way of life are referred to as 'traitors' by Sephiroth in the Nibelheim Mansion basement.

Ifalna lived in the Icicle Inn, but there's no mention of her birthplace.

I would assume the majority of Shinra employees are from Midgar. It's a vast city, but we only see a very small part of it in the game.

Aerisfanatic
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
well in any ff minor characters dont really get much of a story, and usually their birthplaces arent mentioned... i would assume that ifalna lived in icicle for all or most of her life since, she met dr. cast there she conceived aeris there, aeris was born there... and on of the men in th Inn said that an ancient named ifalna lived there

Mercen-X
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Look at Gungrave, GetBackers, and Naruto. The majority of the characters typically come from a central hub, whether it's slums, a towering sanctum, or a large nation in the middle of several other warring nations. I would guess that for any one character who's origin wasn't immediately implied in the game, wherever they were is where they were from.

You know, for most games, it's the origins and the pasts that are already mentioned and the children who exist that have always made me wish for more. But with VII's lack-thereof, there was actually plenty excuse to continue VII with a compilation and maybe even a remake.

Heath
10-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I always assumed that Ifalna was from Icicle Inn. Firstly because it's rather out of the way and the Shinra would be unlikely to discover an Ancient in an area where their operations are relatively low-key or non-existent (the Northern Continent). Secondly, she was always shown there, except when we see her death, so I guess I just assumed she'd been born and raised there.

Mercen-X
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
That one's a littler harder to assume. She could have lived at Icicle Inn from any age. We're not shown any depth of her past and she knows an awful lot about who she is and who her people are for someone born and raised in Icicle Inn.

Seal Evil
11-06-2007, 01:37 PM
^ Also, when Elmyra found Infalna in Midgar, why was she there? Was she being experimented on by Shinra at the time... and she escaped or something? Which was why she was exhausted and dying? Or... did she just live there? I can't actually remember if anything was mentioned about that in the game.

TheSpoonyBard
11-06-2007, 01:51 PM
That seems most likely. Shinra found Gast and Ifalna in the Icicle Inn. They killed Gast, captured Ifalna and Aerith, and returned to Midgar to experiment on them. They escaped and got as far as the station.