PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle Quest

Peegee
10-22-2007, 04:39 PM
ie: Ctrl+Alt+Del (http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070718)

So, my friend hooked me up with a pc version of the game. It's addicting as hell, in that I've spent the better part of yesterday playing it, way past the time I should be going upstairs to work out.

The thing though is that I learned the game as I played it, and I think I may have noobed up the stat allocation. Does it matter? None of the armor looks appealing, so I think I'll save up to buy buildings and stuff.

If somebody has played this game, what advice can you give? If not, let's discuss pokemon. My brother found an odd pokemon yesterday that neither of us have heard of xD

Necronopticous
10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
My advice is to have fun while you can. There is a point in the game where your skill combinations get so powerful that you never really even have to touch the puzzles, you just click the same few skills over and over until you win the battle. Don't look up strategies, just have fun with it as long as you can before this point.

It's a shame that they didn't take more care to avoid this point, because the game really nosedives afterward. It's just not fun when there is no challenge and you just mindlessly click on skill after skill. It was their first shot, though. No one has really fused puzzle and RPG in such a way before, so it's not a failure by any means. Once they smooth out the balancing issues we're going to have something truly great on our hands.

Crossblades
10-22-2007, 11:52 PM
If I recall, there is a Wii version of this game to be released next month. I was thinking of getting it