PDA

View Full Version : What is the Point of the Caladbolg?

~Death~Stalker~910
10-23-2007, 12:33 AM
what is the point of tidus' ultimate weapon???i have it,i got it realy urly though and it says no ap...so whats tha point it does the same as the other weapons...does it gain power later on?

sefirosu
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
You'll need both the sigil and crest corresponding to the weapon to gain its maximum power. For Tidus, it would be the Sun Sigil and the Sun Crest.

Crossblades
10-23-2007, 01:09 AM
You'll need both the sigil and crest corresponding to the weapon to gain its maximum power. For Tidus, it would be the Sun Sigil and the Sun Crest.

Also, putting these two items on Tidus's weapon will remove the "No AP'' ability

~Death~Stalker~910
10-23-2007, 01:37 AM
so its a while until u get the sun creast aint it?

sefirosu
10-23-2007, 01:51 AM
The Sun Crest is inside a chest located in the battleground of where you previously fought Yunalesca. Getting it is a doosy so long as you own the American NTSC version of the game. If you don't...

The Sun Sigil requires some balls to be broken though. You have to achieve a time of 0.00.00 in the Chocobo Race.

Venom65437
10-23-2007, 05:28 AM
And no, you won't get frustrated at all doing the Chocobo Race! :D :p

jeo2388
10-23-2007, 07:36 AM

errr... dnt know bout you but if you ask me or anyone else, its pretty frustrating...

+ the ultimate weapon adds damage dpending on tidus' hp, its useful when you have the international version bcoz you wont do 99999 damage to a certain boss with just an ordinary weapon...

~Death~Stalker~910
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
lol i already got the sigil...jus not the crest...an i got it right after i beat biran an yenke ronso...sooo...it mite b a while :D

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-23-2007, 09:16 PM
even if you have the PAL it easy to get, as long as you do it first time round. as soon as you beat yunalesca, head down the stairs at the top of the room and in the next room there will be a chest with the crest in it (if u haven't completed the game before this will probably make very little sense to you, but it soon will)

Crossblades
10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
errr... dnt know bout you but if you ask me or anyone else, its pretty frustrating...

+

I did the race, and I didn't find it frustrating :/

Vivisteiner
10-24-2007, 12:22 AM

Ever heard of sarcasm?

~Death~Stalker~910
10-24-2007, 02:09 AM
seiriously...it took me 4ever i bout threw tha controller through tha screen...

Venom65437
10-24-2007, 03:25 AM

Ever heard of sarcasm?

And we have a winner! :D

TheSpoonyBard
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
the ultimate weapon adds damage dpending on tidus' hp, its useful when you have the international version bcoz you wont do 99999 damage to a certain boss with just an ordinary weapon...
It doesn't increase the damage when Tidus is at 100% HP. Only Auron's CW gets a damage increase when at max HP. All Celestial Weapons ignore the target's Defence, which is why they do more damage than other weapons, not because they're increasing the power (with the exception of Auron).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
ah the chocobo race. so many people find it hard but it is so easy. last time i played through the game i mentally prepared myself for being sat there a while, then got under zero secs on my 3rd attempt :D wicked cool

Monol
10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
ah the chocobo race. so many people find it hard but it is so easy. last time i played through the game i mentally prepared myself for being sat there a while, then got under zero secs on my 3rd attempt :D wicked cool

Bah humbug! You should have gotten it on your 0.00 attempt!

Heath
10-24-2007, 11:36 PM

+

Nor me, actually. Everyone else seems to have though I just assume it's because I'm some kind of genius of something.

I have the PAL version and I'm one of those people who likes to really explore places in computer games, so me poking around in Zanarkand allowed me to get the Sun Crest before our good friend Dark Bahamut arrives.

Tabris
10-25-2007, 09:18 AM
It doesn't increase the damage when Tidus is at 100% HP. Only Auron's CW gets a damage increase when at max HP. All Celestial Weapons ignore the target's Defence, which is why they do more damage than other weapons, not because they're increasing the power (with the exception of Auron).

It does, actually. Wakka's and Tidus' weapon deal more damage when they're at max HP, Auron's weapon deals more damage when he is at low level (the lower his level, the more damage he does).

If I remember correctly, Yuna's and Lulu's weapons deals more damage when their MP is at max, but I am not too sure about that. Cant remember Rikku and Kimahri right now, though.

jeo2388
10-25-2007, 03:33 PM

+

Nor me, actually. Everyone else seems to have though I just assume it's because I'm some kind of genius of something.

man you guys are geeks... just joking:D

BG-57
10-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Since I'm playing the NA version and powering up Caladbolg doesn't affect any of Yuna's summons I simply customized an Excalibur with the same abilities. I never missed Caladbolg.

rubah
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Same here. Man.

I've gotten to like 3 seconds I think, or maybe 8, but controlling a big bird is just not my forte.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-26-2007, 12:50 AM
what did yall get...i got 12 balloons an 0 birds

Mo-Nercy
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I find it's a lot easier to do the Chocobo race with the d-pad as opposed to the analog stick. And instead of pressing and holding the buttons to steer it, I just tap it. Something I've become quiet accustomed to with racing games on the PS2, I think.

That's not to say it's not difficult. It takes me about 2-3 attempts too. I also remember there's one particular "randomly generated" layout of the balloons that makes it marginally easier to do.

Dodging lightning bolts, however. The thought of it makes me cringe. *HATE IT*

leader of mortals
10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I got it on like my 15th attempt(probably more) and it was hard:(

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
my best attempt was 16 balloons and no birds. that was a pretty perfect run and i've never come near that since.

ReloadPsi
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM

+

First time round, playing through the game I was fine with this bit. Second time, for some reason it took me forever. My controller was permanently damaged and I may have broken the record for most profanities in the shortest timeframe.

rubah
10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
lightning bolts are easy if you just relax xD

Heath
10-26-2007, 04:30 PM
lightning bolts are easy if you just relax xD

Lightning bolts is absolutely horrid. Blitzball, chocobo races and whatnot are simple and enjoyable compared to them!

~Death~Stalker~910
10-27-2007, 12:34 AM
i never tried the lightning bolts...i suck at blitzball...an i hate chocobo races...soooooo yeah

rubah
10-27-2007, 01:46 AM
You haven't learned to relax then, heath!

~Death~Stalker~910
10-27-2007, 02:54 AM
lol....i aint tha pacient type...i get pissed easy 2:D

HEYYYY this is the first topic i hav had 3 pages on...thkz guyz

Please do not post more than once in a row. ~ Leeza

No.78
10-27-2007, 07:37 PM
The chocobo race is feckin hard, I had to get someone to do it for me

jeo2388
10-28-2007, 08:15 AM

It does, actually. Wakka's and Tidus' weapon deal more damage when they're at max HP, Auron's weapon deals more damage when he is at low level (the lower his level, the more damage he does).

If I remember correctly, Yuna's and Lulu's weapons deals more damage when their MP is at max, but I am not too sure about that. Cant remember Rikku and Kimahri right now, though.

if cors they do, i have tried it on omega with my str 180.. tidus, wakka, auron, and rikku's weapons are based on thier strength..at full HP only the celestials do 99999 damage ,others just do 70000+.. and yes, yuna and lulu's weapons are based on thier MP, proved and tested

~Death~Stalker~910
10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
whos leeza?

BG-57
10-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Here you go. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/leeza.html) Leeza is a Cid's Knight, one of the administrators of this site. They're here to make sure we play nice. :)

~Death~Stalker~910
10-30-2007, 01:17 AM
ahha kewllll

cally777
10-31-2007, 04:56 AM
I am so pleased this thread has happened now just when I got the Sun Sigil for the first time, 12 balloons and 0 birds, amazing! I had thought I was no good, then my friend was trying to get Caldabolg to help beat Penance. So I had a go, and found I was much better. Its using the d-pad I'm sure.

Also after a while you see tactics, like tucking behind the trainer after the first turn, hugging the right before the final turn where you can avoid birds, also the gully on the left near the end is useful. I think you need to weave without making big turns because being broadside to the birds is usually bad.

I got some near misses before doing it, so it wasn't just luck.

:choc::choc::choc:

~Death~Stalker~910
10-31-2007, 08:49 PM
congrats

cally777
10-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Thxs! Its really made me feel good about myself!

:choc::choc::choc:

~Death~Stalker~910
11-01-2007, 02:00 AM
lol

Skyblade
11-01-2007, 03:43 PM

Unless I am really misremembering this game, character's don't have high/low levels. There is no level counter, just the sphere grid. So how can Auron's weapon do more damage when he's at a low level?

sefirosu
11-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm sure the person meant low HP with Auron's Masamune. If he was in tip-top condition he would deal moderate damage, but whilst he's breathing his last it brings the best out of the weapon.

~Death~Stalker~910
11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
tat does make sense...but he dont die he jus faints or gets ko'ed...death means that u cant revive that character like stonegaze in tha water