PDA

View Full Version : No Cookies

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Ok, for some reason, when I try to buy something online now, it goes to this screen and I have followed every instruction and it won't fix it. I just bought stuff last week and it was fine, but now it does this everytime. Help Please!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/CptFetters/Nocookies.jpg

Discord
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, you just do the following:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Tecurity tab.
Change the security level to Medium-Low.
Click OK.

Got it? By the way, neat wallpaper.

I suggest that solution only temporarily as it endangers your system, i.e. do that and then change it back once you're done or ask somebody, who still remembers what IE looks like, which checkbox you have to click on to activate cookies.

To get to the Tools menu, hit ALT on your keyboard. You'll a menu appearing above your website.

crono_logical
10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I suggest that solution only temporarily as it endangers your system, i.e. do that and then change it back once you're done or ask somebody, who still remembers what IE looks like, which checkbox you have to click on to activate cookies.i.e. don't ask me, especially if you choose to use IE7, or Vista, or even worse, both :p

Baloki
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Want it to work, TURN OFF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS IN THE YAHOO TOOLBAR!

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, you just do the following:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Tecurity tab.
Change the security level to Medium-Low.
Click OK.

Got it? By the way, neat wallpaper.

I suggest that solution only temporarily as it endangers your system, i.e. do that and then change it back once you're done or ask somebody, who still remembers what IE looks like, which checkbox you have to click on to activate cookies.

To get to the Tools menu, hit ALT on your keyboard. You'll a menu appearing above your website.

I have already tried that. It still won't work.

Baloki
10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Don't listen to me, it's your loss not mine :)

Why does nobody actually ever read error pages and go through and check each point they give you?

Discord
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Want it to work, TURN OFF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS IN THE YAHOO TOOLBAR!

Best reason (after security leaks) not to install toolbars for your browser. I still fail to see how they are of any use since the release of Firefox and the addition of pop-up blockers to all popular browsers.

Baloki
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
IE7 even has internet seach bars built into it :/

rubah
10-24-2007, 03:58 PM
You mean IE6 didn't come with them!?!?!

oh wait, that's what people called 'spyware' back int he day, wasn't it 8)

Discord
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
IE7 even has internet seach bars built into it :/

But it doesn't have a fancy Y! logo!:)

Meh, @author, I'd remove it if I were you. If you want more features, get Firefox, but for God's sake, don't install any toolbars.