PDA

View Full Version : No World for Tomorrow

fire_of_avalon
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone else get it today? Am I the only coheed fan at EoFF? I wish you others would come out of the woodworks and keep me company. D:

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Actually, I would like to get it, the only problem is I just spent my last of my money on gas, and seeing how im in college, that dependant green stuff is rare to come across, but I wish that I had the money so that I could hear it cause I love Coheed and Cambria!

CimminyCricket
10-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Am I the only coheed fan at EoFF?

Yes.

fire_of_avalon
10-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Thanks for putting it into perspective, Cim. Also, I will eat your soul.

Well I bought the album this morning when I woke up. I've listened to it about 3 times all the way through, though I've listened to my favorite songs more than that. So far my favorite is still Gravemakers and Gunslingers, but Radio Bye Bye, The End Complete, On the Brink and Feathers are also fabulous.

escobert
10-24-2007, 06:04 AM
I... hate... his.... voice...

but otherwise :skull::skull::skull::skull:s badass

Boney King
10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
I liked their older stuff as Shabutie, and their first two full-lengths are very good, sadly I never took a liking to Good Apollo... Pt. 1, so that's put me off a bit. Any incentive for someone like me to check out this album? Other than just "giving it another chance", obviously.

Madame Adequate
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
.... there's a new Coheed album out?

Shows how much I keep up with the kids and their devil music these days.

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2007, 01:32 AM
I liked their older stuff as Shabutie, and their first two full-lengths are very good, sadly I never took a liking to Good Apollo... Pt. 1, so that's put me off a bit. Any incentive for someone like me to check out this album? Other than just "giving it another chance", obviously.

See, I really love GA:I (I love all the albums, truth be told) which makes it a bit difficult for me to describe the parts you'd like. If you're looking for SSTB II or IKSOSE:4 then you shouldn't buy it or should bootleg it. If you're looking for progression and building upon the story started in SSTB, then you should get it. I will say that it's less poppy than GA:I, the songs are wildly different in styles (a lot of 80's intros, a lot of amazing riffs) and the lyrics deal with much different content than GA:I. It's less about I HATE WOMEN and more about The Crowing's story, how he feels about what's happening to him, what he's going to do about it, etc.

If you don't follow the story of the comics, that last bit might not make much sense. I'm not sure what type of music you like, but for a pretty diverse sampling, try getting a hold of Feathers (80's), Mother Superior (think the IRO-bot part of Godsend Conspirator), Gravemakers and Gunslingers (hard rock) and The End Complete III: The End Complete which legitimately has elements from the styles on all three previous albums. I hope this helps out your decision!

And yes, MILFy. Keep up.

CimminyCricket
10-25-2007, 02:23 AM
None of this makes any sense to me.

o_O
10-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I used to like this one song by them, it was something about a "crowd that killed the president". I think it was called Hearshot Kid Disaster. :p

Momiji
10-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I probably won't get it as I'm not a huge fan of them. I did like their songs 'Blood Red Summer', 'Welcome Home', and 'Favor House Atlantic', though.

Bunny
10-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't buy CDs, but I listen to Coheed.

Flying Mullet
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I hear only guys are Coheed fans.

CimminyCricket
10-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Strange, I heard no one liked Coheed.

fire_of_avalon
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I heard only FMs were dillholes.

Cim, stop being retarded and go bother someone else.

CimminyCricket
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Fine ;_;

Flying Mullet
10-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Fine ;_;

Ryth
10-26-2007, 12:58 AM
I somewhat enjoy Coheed, especially IKSOSE. They're a lot more than soem generic emo band, as so many have mistaken them for. However, I don't think they're anything too special, though theres some interesting musicianship there, and I think Claudio is really a very talented singer, he just has a very odd (yet distinctive) voice.

I honestly felt GA:II is their worst album to date. I really didn't expect a lot from this album after the overproduced mediocrity of GA:I and the general dullness of The Prize Fighter Inferno. By no means a bad album, just really very boring.

The album artwork is also insanely ugly.

MKusanagi
10-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I can tolerate coheed &cambria on occasion. I'd much prefer Smashing Pumpkins.

Ryth
10-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Also, I really hated how the new drummer has like NO chemistry with the rest of the band.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Chris Pennie? He's a great drummer and a great musician, he wrote the drum tracks on GA:II and I think they're fantastic, but he does seem really aloof from the rest of the band. Only time will tell, I guess.