PDA

View Full Version : FF With The Most Lost Forevers

Evastio
10-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Out of all the FFs that you played, which one has the most lost forevers?

What is a lost forever? It's basically anything that becomes unobtainable at a certain point in the game and always stays that way. Some examples are the Sylph Summon in FFIV, getting Shadow in FFVI, the treasures in Paul's house in FFII, and the Trine Enemy Skill in FFVII.

It would have to be FFVI because there's so many Rages that you can lose the opportunity to get. There's also Mog's Water Rondo, Shadow, Strago's Lores and so many other countless things.

Ouch!
10-24-2007, 04:57 AM
If you're willing to count individual pieces of equipment as well as abilities, FFIX crushes any other that I'm aware of. After disc four, a good deal of areas become blocked off, shops change, and, subsequently, multiple pieces of earlier equipment are no longer available. If the player forgets to purchase certain pieces ahead of time, he loses the opportunity to learn a great deal of the characters' abilities. What's more, if the player sells certain pieces of equipment after finding a better replacement (as I'm sure many are apt to do), some of the best equipment in the game can't be synthesized because the ingredients are no longer available.

Anyway, if one counts each piece of equipment and everything that becomes unobtainable due to its absence as a single lost forever, then I'm saying it goes to FFIX hands down.

Vivisteiner
10-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I never got my beautiful Octagon Rod in my best save file of FFIX. :(

Monol
10-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I never got my beautiful Octagon Rod in my best save file of FFIX. :(

I hear ya brotha :mad:

Id definatly give it to FFIX or FFX-2 (strictly out of frustration getting mascot...but it DID have a save game plus but like I said im only adding because of an biased and otherwise negative experience pertaining to the game...((Though you could also add that MOST of the game is negative...but bleh I still love it)) so yeah)

Bolivar
10-24-2007, 07:46 PM
If you're willing to count individual pieces of equipment as well as abilities, FFIX crushes any other that I'm aware of. After disc four, a good deal of areas become blocked off

for that reason i'm going with FFVIII.

rubah
10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
there's like three of those minimum in ff8. off the top of my head, the item(rosetta stone?) from the last shop in esthar, the luvluvg in the lunatic pandora when you're with laguna, and the magic lamp, in a way :}

ReloadPsi
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
the magic lamp, in a way :}

Eh? How? If you try to leave without it, Cid stops you hands it over.

cloud21zidane16
10-30-2007, 09:12 PM

Nope im pretty sure he dont:(

IX, its either the whole game or the excalibur 2:rolleyes2

Heath
11-01-2007, 11:49 PM

I'm pretty sure Cid hands it over to you so you have to take it, don't you?

What Ouch! said is a pretty comprehensive guide to why FFIX gets my vote. It's quite irritating to get to disc four only to realise you can't make certain weapons/armours in Synthesis Shops because you've sold or simply don't have weapons from previous discs.

cloud21zidane16
11-02-2007, 12:10 AM

I'm pretty sure Cid hands it over to you so you have to take it, don't you?

No you have to talk to him once your free to walk around, i remember when i was younger and still an idiot at parts of final fantasys:p i just walked out of garden, saved then realised i didnt have it, came back and Cid had gone:(

Blizade
11-02-2007, 12:12 AM
the final fantasy i played the most was ff8, so i know that cid can let you leave with out giving the magical lamp. (by the way, that diablo fight was always EXTEMELY intense for me, anyone feel the same?)

cloud21zidane16
11-02-2007, 12:14 AM
the final fantasy i played the most was ff8, so i know that cid can let you leave with out giving the magical lamp. (by the way, that diablo fight was always EXTEMELY intense for me, anyone feel the same?)

Only the first time i played;)

Yuffie514
11-03-2007, 07:04 AM
all i can remember is the disappointment for Final Fantasy X. i forgot how i messed it up, but i couldn't get Break Damage Limit for Yojimbo and was quite upset that there wasn't an alternative to make up for it.