PDA

View Full Version : Metal Slug 3 is the most epic game ever.

KentaRawr!
10-24-2007, 08:39 PM
This fact is entirely undeniable.

However, sadly, the laws of man force me to use the word opinion to falsify this statement, which I could likely form a conspiracy theory out of. But anyway, what game do YOU think is the most epic game ever?

Metal Slug 3.

JKTrix
10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't know about 'ever', but Sin & Punisment for the N64 (Wii Virtual Console) immediately pops into mind. Probably because I just played it recently.

The last boss is an artificial earth trying to destroy and replace the real earth. You have to defend the real earth from the artificial earth's various cataclysmic attacks and stuff while piloting an Eva. Pretty dern 'epic'.

If this were anime though (which it is not, but I like to pimp this show), there is no question that Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann is the most epic anime ever.

Cz
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Metal Slug 3, obviously. The final level is insane in ways that the word insane cannot adequately describe.

KentaRawr!
10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Metal Slug 3, obviously. The final level is insane in ways that the word insane cannot adequately describe.

Exactly. Plus, the references to Metal Slug 1 are just grand.

Rostum
10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I love the old Contra games for nostalgic reasons, but Metal Slug is just absolutely insane.

Markus. D
10-25-2007, 12:17 PM
xD... I died so many times on that alien boss that kept spamming those damn giant blue orb things...~

I really liked these kinds of dodge or die games...

Dreddz
10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Im going to give credit to the Final Fantasy series as most games in the series achieve the "epic" status in my book. But its too easy to say one of them, im not going to be the only sap who says Final Fantasy VII.

No sir, im saying Actraiser instead.

Lionx
10-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Klonoa 1 : The ending is so sadd T_T...
Moves me every single time.

The Unknown Guru
10-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Xenosaga. Half-hour cut scenes? 3 80-hour episodes? Gigantic space battles between ships the size of cities and unknown organisms that don't actually exist in the real world? That is epic.

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Probably a throw-up between Gunstar Heroes and God Of War. They're both epic, the first not in the traditional sense, the second one more in the sort of OMGROFLKRATOSAREKILLINGLOL! way.

Spammerman
10-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Assassins Creed.Its so epic its not even out yet and its the most epic game ever.

NeoCracker
10-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Xenosaga. Half-hour cut scenes? 3 80-hour episodes? Gigantic space battles between ships the size of cities and unknown organisms that don't actually exist in the real world? That is epic.

Indeed. Like it or not, (Which I do) you can't really say this game isn't epic. I mean it takes an entire game just to get to one planet for crying out loud.

Lionx
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Indeed. Like it or not, (Which I do) you can't really say this game isn't epic. I mean it takes an entire game just to get to one planet for crying out loud.

Hey it can be epic even if it was in a bad way right? :D

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I think we need to distinguish between epic and drawn-out. A game can be epic without it covering massive distances geographically speaking, nor does extensive storyline or exploration automatically qualify epicness.

NeoCracker
10-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Damn you people. MAking me say more.

Xenosaga is epic because of the all the things incorporated into the story line. Stories that expand all across the world, and the mass scale effects everyones actions have on the universe. The Roles every Character plays is massive. There are just so many different things to this story.

Thats what makes it epic.