PDA

View Full Version : OH DEAR GOD SAVE ME

Imperfectionist
10-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Okay so I just bought Final Fantasy XII a few days ago (I would've bought it sooner but finances blah blah blah...) so i'm not that far into the game. Anyway, I'm stuck and I need help pleeeeeeeaaasee :D

I'm in the Valley of the Dead after going all the way through the Nam-Yensa and Ogir-Yensa Sanseas, and i'm trying to get into Raithwall's Tomb... but that damn Garuda (the big shiny bird) keeps killing me... and there's a couple of guys on chocobos just outside telling me that the Urutan-Yensa know something about how to defeat it... but i've been searching around the desert for HOURS but I can't find anything...

Help?

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Remember that tortoise you killed (the Urutan-Eater)? After you beat him, go talk to the moggle in the Sandsea, then go to Platform 2 - Refinery to trigger an event to get Eksir Berries. Use those against the Garuda to make it easier to win.

Marshall Banana
10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Dark Magick is also effective, isn't it?

Bolivar
10-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Dark magick is also effective, isn't it?

Yeah, I took a small detour on my license board to make all my characters who didn't use ranged weapons or magic learn dark and I was able to defeat it just barely.

jeo2388
10-25-2007, 05:15 AM
using bows and guns isnt a bad idea too, and you have a guest character that uses telekenesis

Nifleheim7
10-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Dark magick is also effective, isn't it?

Yeah, I took a small detour on my license board to make all my characters who didn't use ranged weapons or magic learn dark and I was able to defeat it just barely.

You mean you killed it without the Eksir Berries?:eek:
What lv were you?
First time i tried to beat it without the Berries (using only range weapons and no dark magic) my team got massacred!:(

donnchadh
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM
firdt time i fought it, i had the berries, but didnt use them:crying: and it killed me, when i reloaded, i remembered the berries, and proceded to beat it, using van (sword) penelo (magic/healing) fran (bow/healing)

Rostum
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I spent forever leveling up and gaining gil in the Nam-Yensa and Ogir-Yensa. I first used the berries but thought it wasn't fun so I ended up loading the save file and fighting him regularly and it was quite easy.

Note: I don't remember my level or gear.

Vivisteiner
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I found Garuda piss easy. Even without Eksir berries.

But yeah, kill the Uratan Eater. Speak to the moogle in the North and go to the right exit. Go up the ramp, and a scene should occur. Then go back and pluck the berries.

Equip bows and keep Vossler alive. Use mist quickenings.

Quindiana Jones
10-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I just kept hitting it and hitting it. Used a few phoenix downs though.

Clawsze
11-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Eskir Berries+Dark+Guns+Vossler+Quickenings=30 second win.

Okay, I used the berries then got lucky on the Quickenings.

Marshall Banana
11-03-2007, 02:23 AM
This almost makes me sick. =O (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9RH-QhmUiUI)

remnant1
11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
i also killed him without the berries.good gambits and strong charecters are al you need to fight any boss really.practice with the quickinings until you can get to a 15 chain.you can kill him real easy with quickinings

No.78
11-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm gonna rub salt in the wound too and say I thought this fight was piss easy =)

heehee

EDIT: I didnt use the berries either, I didn't know what they were for

tailz
11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
this fight was easy indeed, I finished it in one turn, (quikenings) did about 8000 damage and bye bye garuda, never even knew about those dammed berries :D

btw I was lvl 18 pretty low so it should be doable.

Yar
11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I've never sturggled with this battle, so I don't know what the problem is. What level are you? I try to be level 20 before proceeding into Raithwall's tomb. Are you using aerial weapons and magic?

This battle does not require Quickenings, (I've never used them here), but I'm guessing they definitely would help.

Heath
11-04-2007, 04:22 PM
This almost makes me sick. =O (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9RH-QhmUiUI)

Hahaha. That's insane.

I had a fair bit of trouble with Grauda, mostly because I didn't really have anyone using long range weapons, which made attacking the thing rather irritating. After a bit of training and getting some new equipment I managed it without Quickenings.

Really makes me want to start a new game of FFXII seeing that fight.

Lynx
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
i had some trouble with the garuda seeing as i didnt have the eskir berries to use on it. i jsut had my guys set up to cure as much as possible equipped with long range weapons. dont be afraid to use your hi potions either they're what helped me through this battle.

Renmiri
11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
I found Garuda piss easy. Even without Eksir berries

Same here.

You are very near an excellent place to level up: Simoons bluff, up north right after the entrance to Raithwall's tomb is full of good loot:

-Bagoly ($1,100 bent staff)
-Axelbeak ($500 rainbow egg)
-Wyvern (?)

Just do some rounds and get to level 20 or so. If you are stuck on Garuda, you will never get past the next "boss", the Demon wall.

BTW, here's a video of the Urutan Yensa quest. :)

YouTube - FFXII - Flower in the Desert - Urutan Eater hunt sidequest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcA8nvk7Kd8)

marysonnie
11-06-2007, 02:13 AM
I used the berries, but when I saw the damage my characters were doing, I regretted it. I should have kept them, just because.