PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so now what?

mooglebunni608
10-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Okay.
So, like, once I get my bachelors degree, I am going to teach the english language in Japan.
But I thought that I was supposed to major in ENGLISH in order to join the exchange teacher program.

Now I just found out that I can major in ANYTHING. English isn't required.

So WTF am I majoring in now?

What are you majoring in/planning to major in?

How soon will you get your degree?

What should I major in? (What will pay a LOT if I get bored teaching?)

Rye
10-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Are you going through JET? Because if you are, all you're required to do is have your BA. You don't even need to speak Japanese, though I'd imagine it helps quite a lot with, you know, living in Japan.

I'm going to major in Music Education, because I like to sing, but I wouldn't be able to handle the lifestyle of a performer, and I like attention. :3

Fonzie
10-25-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm probably major in Biology. Minor in Spanish, since it's pretty much required in the area I live in.

theundeadhero
10-25-2007, 04:07 AM
Who knows?

Maybe I'll major in the Army and minor in civillian education.

Marshall Banana
10-25-2007, 04:13 AM
My major is English (literature). I really like it.

Ouch!
10-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Currently, my major is also English (literature specialization), although I plan to apply for the creative writing track.

Shlup
10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
I did a duel major in human development and psychology. Took me five years to get two BAs.

I liked it because I think that stuff is interesting. Just pick something that can hold your interest for a few years and roll with it.

Woodinator
10-25-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm majoring in either bio or chem...still can't decide..and I'm minoring in French

qwertysaur
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
My major is Environmental and Forest Biology.

I get my degree in four years, then I'm off to grad school.

Listen to Shulp, if you enjoy what the major is, then it is a good fit.

Disco Potato
10-25-2007, 09:41 AM
What are you majoring in/planning to major in?

How soon will you get your degree?

What should I major in? (What will pay a LOT if I get bored teaching?)

Right now I'm Undeclared (in the School of Social Sciences), but I'm thinking of majoring in Sociology and minoring in Psychology. I really need to talk to an academic counselor about that plan though.

I don't know how long it'll take to get my Bachelor's degree. Maybe 2 or 3 years? But I plan on going to grad school too.

I think that, for the most part, the highest-paying jobs are the ones that require the most school and work...:p

Bunny
10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm going to major in Blowing Stuff Up with a minor in Setting Things on Fire.

College will be amusing.

Jess
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I want to do a degree in Social Care.

Peegee
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
You just need a Bachelor's in anything to teach english in Japan. I know because it was suggested to my brother to get some diploma/degree and move to Japan to teach english.

I majored in philosophy for some reason xD

Resha
10-25-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm hoping to study English Lit. and Lang. Or maybe English Literature and Drama, but that's a last resort. But what I really look forward to doing is snuggling up in some damp, mossy little gutter in the remote corners of Papua New Guinea. That's really what.

MKusanagi
10-25-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm getting a two degrees: International Studies and Physics
How long will it take? A long frickin time
Is it gonna make me rich? I wish.

Heath
10-25-2007, 06:21 PM
History will be the subject I'm going to get a degree in.

mooglebunni608
10-26-2007, 02:40 AM
I decided puppetry sounds fun, as does pyrotechnics <3
Maybe I'll look into that! <3

Madame Adequate
10-26-2007, 02:46 AM
International Relations and Politic. UK universities don't provide any education beyond your chosen subject, so we don't have the concept of majors or anything over here. There's just your degree course, nothing else.