PDA

View Full Version : Imprint by Takashi Miike [SPOILERS]

Chemical
10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
So I just watched this film featured on Masters of Horrors [Episode 13] and although I didn't find it frightening it was certainly disgusting, disturbing, and so on.

However I'm left confused by the ending

[SPOILER]

Why does the blue haired girl turn into Kimomo? Was she an illusion the whole time? or was Kimomo herself the illusion?

And what is the relation between the American's sister and Kimomo at the end... ... and the abortioned fetus? They're both shed in light, is that heaven looking down on hell? Was the abortioned fetus representing the blue haired girl?

What was the point of the monk? to simply introduce the concepts of heaven and hell and the life as hell? And what about the "hole?"

And finally what is the truth - everyone knows that prostitutes tell lies...

Who was Kimomo really? could she have been the American's sister?
Who was the blue haired girl really? could she have been the American's daughter?

Yeah... just uh .... give your interpretations.
This movie is either way to complex to understand after the first viewing or its not meant to make sense in the first place.

DK
10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
This is an interesting coincidence seeing as random wiki browsing from page to page, as you do, lead me to read about this film last night. Never heard of it before then.

Though, haven't seen it and don't want to see it either.

Chemical
10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Actually the reason I heard about it was because my friend mentioned that she was going as the main female character for Halloween.

Peegee
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm an obsessive Takashi Miike fan but I haven't watched his films in a while. I'll try to get a copy and I'll asplain it to you, hopefully soon.

Incidentally are you looking for more? There's Ichi the Killer which, despite being seemingly mindlessly violent and tasteless, is a pretty neat thought experiment and example of psychological extremes.