PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever/ when was the last time you listened to a full OST all the way through?

blackmage_nuke
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
The last time I listened to a OST from start to finish was probably the FFVI soundtrack when i had a really long assignment to finish. It helps me know how long ive been working without having to look at a clock. Ive done this a few times but only ever with FFVI

Mirage
10-25-2007, 02:38 PM
That's a strange topic.
It would probably have to be the Persona 3 soundtrack.

Nifleheim7
10-25-2007, 06:14 PM
FFVII Dirge of Cerberus a couple days ago.I love Hamauzu's work and that made me order the limited edition box.Unfortunatelly it was a very poor package (although a bit expensive)...I should have bought the standart edition.
It's 2 cd's and my favorite song is "Trespasser".

Markus. D
10-26-2007, 12:30 AM
The Entire Drakengard Soundtrack.

It had about 1 or 4 tracks I really hated, but oh my gosh it's chaos in form of music, so it's love.

Also Devil May Cry 2 and 3 :]

Avarice-ness
10-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Yesterday, FFIX.

My god I'm a nerd. :D

ReloadPsi
10-31-2007, 07:08 PM
I regularly do this with the Guilty Gear OSTs.

Slothy
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
The Oblivion soundtrack when I was last working on an assignment. The last time I took on a three or four disc badboy was either FFVI or Chrono Trigger while studying for exams last year.

Heath
11-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I've never done it, I don't think. I've listened to the piano collections all the way through, and The Black Mages albums all the way through in order, but never the standard OST itself.

Sidderz
11-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I did it with the entire Doctor Who OST once. *sad*

:) I was doing some long homework if I remember.

The Ceej
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
When I buy an OST, generally what I do is this:

I immediately copy the discs with my computer. Then I listen to the copies to make sure they work. If the copies work, the originals work. Then I rip the copies to my computer and appropriately tag all the MP3s and whatnot. Then I transfer the files to my iPod and listen to them in order there. Once I'm sure it all works, usually all the listening I do is in my Sounds Of The Video Game playlist where I keep all my video game music. Since I keep both my Winamp and my iPod on shuffle unless I specifically want something in order, it's completely random.

Therefore the last OST to which I've listened all the way through would be the last one I bought: Final Fantasy X-2.

crono_logical
11-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Usually when I finish a game and/or want to archive the OST and add to my playlists. My last would have been Mana Khemia's, the next one (probably in a week or two when I finish the game) is most likely to be Ar Tonelico's, including the additional concert discs :p I only started playing Ar Tonelico because I heard a few tracks from the sequel's OST, and the vocal tracks were just that good :p

Roto13
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Final Fantasy XII last night. I don't quite understand why people hate this soundtrack so much. I think it's one of the best in the series. Much better when you're actually playing the game, though.

Slothy
11-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Final Fantasy XII last night. I don't quite understand why people hate this soundtrack so much. I think it's one of the best in the series. Much better when you're actually playing the game, though.

Thank God I'm not the only one who loves this soundtrack.

scrumpleberry
11-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't own any, the best I have are a few Windows Media playlists linking to midis, so I tend to listen to mixes of playlists on radioblog.

The answer is never, I guess.

Skyblade
11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I came close to listening to FFVIII's all the way through once, but I still skip Shuffle or Boogie and Dance with the Balamb Fishes. They may be okay songs, but playing Triple Triad ensures that you listen to them so many times during the game that you never, ever, ever want to hear them again.

And, Roto, while FFXII's music may be nice, it's too one note. By that I don't mean that all of the songs are the same, because they're not, but most of them are world exploration tunes. Yeah, pretty much each area has its own song, but the area exploration songs are essentially the only music the game has, apart from the very few boss themes it has. There is little to no music that plays off the plot, that tears at your emotions and accents the story and the character's feelings. Music is more than just background, it's an essential tie in to the story and the feel of the game, and that was what XII's music lacked, IMHO. It was almost all background, there was no depth.