PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with dragon boss.

MKusanagi
10-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah so I need help defeating the dragon boss when we're on our way to save Yuna with the Al-Bhed and Cid's aircraft. How the hell you kill that damn thing?!

Tavrobel
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
You mean Evrae?

Personally, I've always been a fan of the SEARCH (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2209170-post2.html) function. It usually tends to do fairly well.

Shin Gouken
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Tavrobel be nice

Best advice i can give is abuse those al bhed potions. 1000HP back to all and they cure poisen don't ya know :P Definitley haste your party too

rubah
10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
If you have water gems, toss them at him for a bit of damage, if you happened to steal lunar curtains from the iron giants in the thunder plains, use rikku to !mix them for shell, protect etc status buffs.

Um, pelt it with wakka's overdrives when far away.

Go back inside and get tidus in overdrive a million times until he learns blitzace? :D

The best thing I did for this battle in my last game was training kimarhi as a white mage. Ho boy does dispel help a lot! However it's probably much too late for that ot be an option for you, so~

I think he uses poison a bit, so see if rin will sell you any antidotes, because the last thing you need is wakka to KO right after you kill the sucker because he had 60 hp left and he was poisoned.

Auron is pretty useless in this battle, unless you want to be raped in the front lines, so bring him in at the first to use any Break techniques he has, just in case they work. I don't remember if evrae is immune to them or not :p

There's really no particular strategy that's best with him except keep doing it and eventually you will come up with crazy ideas that will help. Probably want to use rikku's items and Mixes as much as possible since they're over a distance, and also lulu and wakka. al bhed potions will make the proceedings much easier, just don't waste them!

Tavrobel
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Tavrobel be nice

Best advice i can give is abuse those al bhed potions. 1000HP back to all and they cure poisen don't ya know :P Definitley haste your party too

Aww, but I included a link! I was nice! WAAH WAAH

~Death~Stalker~910
10-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Tavrobel be nice

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AMEN 2 DAT!!!

buy a bunch of soft

when u get the feeling he is gonna breathe in tell cid 2 move back...if he hits...AL BEAD POTION!!!!

an like he said haste ur party,cheer,and slow him down!!!

MKusanagi
10-26-2007, 06:27 AM
I think I got behind on my sphere grid. Hmmm... should I keep gaining AP so I can build them up? Yeah Lulu works great. Wakka ain't bad. I use Kimahri mainly cuz he has a lot of healing stuff I can use on my group. I wish I had more mega potions though! I only get 3. Yeah it gets to the point where I try to keep my players full health and right when I do that Evrae sprays poison again or does a photon spray which fucking sucks. I swear to god! Where's Shiva when you need her, huh?! I dunno. The one thing I don't seem to be doing is the haste and cheer. Rikku's bombs work at a distance? I didn't know that! Hmmm then I can use her more often! Thanks guys! You're the best!

leader of mortals
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
If you have an attribute sphere laying around(luck spheres are kinda useless at your point), have Rikku mix it with a grenade. Almost 100% chance of slow(And maybe other effects) and does around 7000 damage. Thats how Dark Kefka won on Youtube.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
if you have wakka's attack reels then this'll be a breeze. i don't think you can get it at thaty point if u haven't already cos ur not allowed to blitz.

charge everyone's ODs before the fight

have your 3 fastest characters in battle first to get the moves in first. have tidus cast slow on him till it takes effect. have everyone use their most damaging Ods then switch in ur 3 most powerful melee attackers, have tidus cast hastega then just go nuts with normal attacks. if you need to bring rikku in for al bhed potions make sure she is hasted too.

if evrae draws breath only move out if cid has a go before evrae, if not jus keep pummelling.

Mo-Nercy
10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Use Rikku or Tidus to signal Cid to 'Go Far' if Evrae has taken a breath (Poison Breath is coming next). Only bother to do this if Cid's next turn comes before Evrae's, obviously.

Slow works on Evrae as well. Although Evrae does use Haste on himself, just cast Slow again. It'll waste a turn for him. =]

I've said nothing new, I know. But Evrae ain't too tough. Al Bhed Potions are god.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-26-2007, 07:09 PM
evrae doesn't cast haste on himself until he has less than 10,000 hp, and if u try to slow him from then he will jus counter-attack with a haste on himself. if u can caste reflect on him then it'll bounce it onto you, but it's not really worth the effort seeing as how he's nearly dead! :D

MKusanagi
10-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Here's my problem. I have haste but I don't have slow or reflect. I'm screwed! I'm done for I just know it!

Tavrobel
10-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Here's my problem. I have haste but I don't have slow or reflect. I'm screwed! I'm done for I just know it!

You need neither one. Slow is a luxury, and if you have Reflect by now, I'm not sure how you can be struggling.

If you have to, stay far away, and have your party be Lulu, Wakka, and Rikku. Rikku can heal with Al Bhed Potions (using the Use command), and can attack using Cid's missile silos. Wakka's and Lulu's damage is unreduced at distance.

If you absolutely must, get into a few random battles on the Airship for AP.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-26-2007, 09:13 PM
it aint 2 hard an i didnt thank that slow wuz that far from haste???idk i aint been that far back i jus kno that its easy

MKusanagi
10-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Podium Speaker:And now will you please welcome...Motoko! The DRAGON SLAYER!!!!!!
*roars of applause*
Motoko: Thank you! Thank you! *applause continues, she laughs* Man, I'm so happy to be here---*applause still going on* OMG you guys! Haha *no change in applause* Okay! Okay! Shhh, all of you! *nervous laugh* My god you must really like me! *audience starts chanting: MOTOKO!MOTOKO! LONG LIVE MOTOKO!* Awww thanks guys! *whistles and hoots, men and women start stripping off their shirts, throwing them at Motoko's feet* Okay now I really gotta start this speech! *audience clinks beers and quiets down* Yes, I have finally destroyed Evrae! It was long! It was hard! But I defeated him and I am feeling bulletproof! I am very grateful---*applause again* oh brother...

Moral of the story: Don't fuck with Motoko.
Acknowledgements: The making of this victory could not have happened without all of your wisdom and advice. Thanks team!

~Death~Stalker~910
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
train alot??

MKusanagi
10-28-2007, 04:30 AM
train alot??
We are what you call irony. You, psychotic power-thirsty earth-hater. Me? The lover of your REAL mother... before you got breastfed by that Jenova chick. :cool: Pretty cool. But... now we must fight...

~Death~Stalker~910
10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
ok....lol

MKusanagi
10-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Sorry for being random. But seeing as we both have our avators and sigs dominated by one FFVIIAC character it really is kinda funny!

~Death~Stalker~910
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
yepyepyep