PDA

View Full Version : Release date for A2 in the US?

pspkilla
10-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I saw on a wallpaper for A2, that it was supposed to be released today, I'm asssuming that's not here in the U.S.? Or is it? Does anyone know the US release date?

Flying Mullet
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't think a US release date has been announced yet.

Crossblades
10-25-2007, 11:10 PM
I saw on a wallpaper for A2, that it was supposed to be released today, I'm asssuming that's not here in the U.S.? Or is it? Does anyone know the US release date?

It's been released today in Japan. A US release date has yet to be announced.

pspkilla
10-26-2007, 02:39 AM
Awww man...okay, well thanks for the help!

dyingchild
01-14-2008, 03:28 AM
whats a2?

Crossblades
01-14-2008, 03:38 AM
whats a2?

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_A2:_Grimoire_of_the_Rift)

Bolivar
01-15-2008, 05:42 AM
I don't know what's the holdup with the NA release... maybe we won't get it.

Roto13
01-15-2008, 06:49 AM
1up has the release date as February 1st. Yeah, right. :P

Dragonsoul
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
It'll be out in April or May I'm pretty sure. It's highly unlikely to come out iN March. March 11th is FF: CC: Ring of Fates. March 25 is the rumored date for FF VII: Crisis Core. I'm buying FF T A2 the day it comes out.

aquatius
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
If it comes out in May in the US then it'll probably be in the UK in 2009 :/ I kid you not, consider yourself lucky.

Crossblades
01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't know what's the holdup with the NA release... maybe we won't get it.

We will get it. It's just we usually have to wait a while after the Japanese release

Skyblade
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Since I haven't heard anything official that there is even going to be an American release, I've decided to just forget about this game.

Dragonsoul
01-16-2008, 01:56 AM
There's no way we aren't going to get FF T A2 in Usa. What I'm wondering though is what is the delay on us getting FF IV for DS. That may be in April or May also.

Bolivar
01-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Man I just think it's insane that we don't even have release dates yet for these games. FFTA2 i'm especially psyched for, I just beat Revenant Wings, playing XII again, so i'd like to play this game now. Supposedly it takes place in far-western Ordalia, so maybe we'll see even more about how Eastern Ivalice influenced the events of FFT.

Chocobointraining
01-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Wow, can't wait for this!!!

What system is it for? *prays for GB Advanced*

P.S. What happened to the dates on the posts? It's hard determining when you posted all of this.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-28-2008, 05:35 AM
It's for the DS. That's why they euphemistically called it "A2," not "Advance 2."
If it comes out in May in the US then it'll probably be in the UK in 2009 :/ I kid you not, consider yourself lucky.If that's the case, just import it. Portable games have no region locking.

Namelessfengir
01-28-2008, 06:11 AM
star trek armada 2 came out like three years ago

Bolivar
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
apparently this game sold 287,000 units in japan last year. As the usual assumption is that it'll sell less in the US, they might consider it not worht it from a business perspective, and we may not get it.

Crossblades
02-04-2008, 11:53 PM
apparently this game sold 287,000 units in japan last year. As the usual assumption is that it'll sell less in the US, they might consider it not worht it from a business perspective, and we may not get it.

Yeah, but name one FF game we never got. It'll come. Dont worry

Bolivar
02-05-2008, 01:27 AM

Man I hope so, but between DQIV, FFTA, and FFIV, they got us waiting on 3 great DS games with no relief in sight.

Roto13
02-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Wasn't there a Final Fantasy VII episodic cell phone game we never got?

Crossblades
02-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Cell phone games arent even popular in the US

Skyblade
02-08-2008, 04:43 PM

Neither was FFTA.

Crossblades
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM

Neither was FFTA.

It was still released in the US though

.:kerrod:.
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM

Neither was FFTA.

It was still released in the US though

hehe, pyramid...anyway, FFTA was the bomb, although im aware it wasnt hugely popular on a worldly basis...however, i do believe we'll get it here, and besides, mobile games aren't included, they suck gigantic @$$ and dont deserve to exist

Dragonsoul
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
The release date will probably be May 20th, or possibly May 6th...

New release dates for Spring 2008 rpg's have been announced, so far no news on a release for Final Fantasy Tactics A2. But from the news we've received, it's highly unlikely that FF T A2 will be out in April, look for a May release probably. June or July are part of the "summer off-season" so I don't think that FF T A2 would be out then. Look for FF T A2 on probably May 6th or May 20th. If it doesn't make either of those two release dates, it would probably be pushed back to atleast August 12th, which is the start of the fall season.

RPGamer - "A man's gotta do certain "things" before leaving on a mission like this, and I did what I had to do." (http://www.rpgamer.com) has a good release calendar on the right column, the best one actually. Also, on the top left click on release dates for more specific information on releases. You have to set the proper search parameters though.

Anyways, here are the signifigant rpg's out so far this year and coming out through May that have release dates. I put a ! next to the dates for the great games that I like.

!February 12th - Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey
February 19th - Wii - Dragon Quest Swords
!March 10th - Xbox 360 - Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky
March 11th - DS - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
!March 17th - PSP - Wild Arms XF
!March 25th - PSP - Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
March 25th - Wii - Okami
March 25th - Wii - Opoona
March 25th - DS - Harvest Moon DS Cute
April 8th - PS 2/Wii - Baroque
April 21st - DS - Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon 2
April 22nd - PS 2 - Persona 3: FES
April 22nd - DS - The World Ends With You
!May xx - PC - Mass Effect(probably May 6th)
May 20th - PC - Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Unknown Spring 2008?
DS - Final Fantasy Tactics A2(May 6th or 20th?)
DS - Final Fantasy IV(possibly June/July)
Xbox 360/PS 3 - The Last Remnant
DS - ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat

If I had the time, money, and interest I'd get these ones...in this order...
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky
Wild Arms XF

I'd get these games if I was back in high school where I had more time and less work and other responsibilities. As it stands now there are 8 games that I will 100% definetely beat in 2008/2009/2010...

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
--PSP Fall 2007 Tactical rpg
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos & The Frozen Throne
--PC Summer 2002 Real-Time Strategy game
Alundra 1
--PS 1 Spring 1998 Action rpg
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
--DS Spring 2008 Tactical rpg
Starcraft 2
--PC Fall 2008? Real-Time Strategy game
Final Fantasy XIII
--PS 3 Fall 2009? Traditional rpg
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
--Cellphone 2009/2010? Unknown rpg
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
--PS 3 2010? Action rpg

Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics(PSP), then when I'm done I'll play Alundra 1 then Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I'm also currently playing Warcraft 3 during this entire time, then it's expansion pack, then it's custom scenarios. I'll be playing all that for a while then hopefully Starcraft 2 will be out at the very end of this year.

What do you think of this?

...Gargh! I'm too excited! Part of me wishes that Final Fantasy XIII wasn't announced too early because now I won't be truly happy until I am actually playing it. This leaves me three and a half years of torment! :)

...Atleast there are a bunch of great games out, I'm beating the new version of FF Tactics, plus I'm finally playing Warcraft 3!