PDA

View Full Version : thieves that cant even duel-wield

darkdragoon5
10-26-2007, 01:36 AM
i was playing ff6 and tried to get locke to use two weapons but he can't also in ff5 thives cant i tried to get bartz whose a thife to try and duel wield but he cant then i realize in ff5 duel wielding is a warriors ability but in ff4 edge is just like locke and he can duel wield oh and in ff3 the ds one all classes can duel wield like dragoons dark knights ninjas thieves anyways im just finding it strange that in most game u cant duel wield with thieves or they can only use daggers and not swords but atleast they can all steal and in ff1 they can use black magic after the class change o yeah in ff1 they cant duel wield either hm this is a very pointless piece of writing yes yes it is

CimminyCricket
10-26-2007, 01:42 AM
?

Psychotic
10-26-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm thinking your thread would be better suited to General FF. :)

Tavrobel
10-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Thieves don't dual wield. Ninjas and Genji Glovers can. FFX-2 is a farce, and don't you believe it for a second.

Slothy
10-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Ninja's dual wield, not thieves. That's why Edge can. In FF5 the Ninja's also dual wield. And for the record, slap a Genji glove on anyone in FFVI and they can use two weapons.

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2007, 12:37 PM
If theives had weapons in both hands then how would they steal?

And yes genji glove for anyone in VI lets them dual weild, except for some people who cant use weapons

Bolivar
10-26-2007, 09:50 PM

I don't know, ask Zidane.

cloud21zidane16
10-30-2007, 09:13 PM

I don't know, ask Zidane.

"couldnt steal anything" was the usual answer:p

Gilthanes
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Hah, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure you spent more time in FFIX "trying to steal, but failing 85% of the time" than any other game. So yeah, dual wielding stealing doesnt work too well according to FFIX, which would be why most thieves leave one of those hands empty for obvious reasons >:)

Bolivar
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Hah, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure you spent more time in FFIX "trying to steal, but failing 85% of the time" than any other game. So yeah, dual wielding stealing doesnt work too well according to FFIX, which would be why most thieves leave one of those hands empty for obvious reasons >:)

only on certain bosses

and they usually had shields rather than an empty hand.

rubah
10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Stealing was pretty successful in ff9 if you focused everyone else on attacking and zidane on stealing. usually he could steal at least one thing before the enemies died!

(obviously I had a very powerful whatever that attack was called by the end of the game 8))

Crossblades
10-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Stealing was pretty successful in ff9 if you focused everyone else on attacking and zidane on stealing. usually he could steal at least one thing before the enemies died!

(obviously I had a very powerful whatever that attack was called by the end of the game 8))

Thievery, and ya, I would do the same thing =)