PDA

View Full Version : Idiosyncrasies

Breine
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Everyone has them.. even you! C'mon, just admit it - what is your idiosyncrasy? - what do you do that drives people around you mad?

Back in the Danish High School I used to tap my pencil on the table when I got bored, and everyone around me would go crazy :hat:

Bunny
10-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I can generally tell what people are thinking by the look on their face and the tone of their voice. It drove my ex-girlfriend mad, to the point where she broke up with me because I 'knew her too well;. Very amusing sometimes.

I will also make fun of everyone with extremely harsh jokes. It usually hurts their feelings and I laugh at them for it.

Are those what you are talking about?

Misfit
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I will also make fun of everyone with extremely harsh jokes. It usually hurts their feelings and I laugh at them for it.
That, and I pop my gum alot. 8-)

Jessweeee♪
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I'll say something like "What?" or "Huh?" even if I heard what the other person said >.>

Breine
10-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I can generally tell what people are thinking by the look on their face and the tone of their voice. It drove my ex-girlfriend mad, to the point where she broke up with me because I 'knew her too well;. Very amusing sometimes.

Are those what you are talking about?

I guess so.. at least in a way. Idiosyncrasies are personal and meaningless "habits" that you do, which just drives people around you mad. Gum popping and tapping the pencil on the table really fast are classic idiosyncrasies :holmes:

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I only do up every second button on my shirt.
It saves time, but sometimes my belly shows and people dont like the veiw

And my leg shakes up and down when i sit

Peegee
10-26-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't know if this falls under idiosyncrasy. I bet it does:

I can 'crack' or 'pop' (depending on your vernacular) virtually any bone in my body (even parts that aren't technically 'bones' (keke you said 'bone')). A short list off the top of my head (moving down...haha):

- jaw can 'pop' repeatedly
- neck
- shoulders
- ribcage -- rare feat but doable
- upper spin through hyper extension (bending backwards)
- lower spin through hyper extension (twisting side to side)
- elbows
- wrists
- knuckles (repeated)
- joints in fingers
- 'bone'
- knees
- ankles
- toes

Jojee
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I twirl my pen whenever I'm holding a pen. xD People go wtf and then they try to do it and they fail. :</>D

Rengori
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Hmm, when some of my friends are trying to play a riff on guitar and they fail, I watch their hands and in like minute learn it right and rub it in their face. Which is funny, they all have like 6 months or a year on me as for how long they've been playing guitar.

Peegee
10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I twirl my pen whenever I'm holding a pen. xD People go wtf and then they try to do it and they fail. :</>D

For the longest time, and perhaps even now, I can't spin my pen. I however apparently can do something really complex with pens in my left hand.

I might record it and poast it on eoff this weekend

rubah
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I can't stop saying your mom. It just flows out of my mouth :(

I used to twirl my mallets in band all the time. Didn't matter what kind. xylophone, marimba, bells, snare sticks, bass drum, chimes. I think I tried teh sleigh bells once too.

Heath
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I've always played with my pen in one hand when not writing with it, just spinning it round using a couple of my fingers. I also tend to randomly draw cubes when trying to figure something out. I don't know why I do that, it's just something I've always done and it's annoyed at least one of my teachers in the past. Otherwise, almost compulsively checking the time before and after I travel somewhere and just in general is another thing I do. That one doesn't drive others mad, but it drives me mad when I've not got a watch on and I go to check anyway.

Clawsze
10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I chew pens and crack my back....and knuckles.....and neck....and occasionally my shoulder.

Vermachtnis
10-26-2007, 05:33 PM

I do that too :D and I suck in air to get stuff out of my teeth.

Momiji
10-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm very squirmy and can't sit still for long periods. It's not an attention issue, I just sometimes need to get up and move every so often.

That, and I'm a spelling/grammar Nazi.

Zeldy
10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
hm, nothing really. I can twirl my pen, but that doesnt annoy people. I geuss Im a bit dumb and never get jokes, people get annoyed sometimes when they have to explain them to me. I can't help it though :p

Peegee
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM

I think our foreign policy effects the situation.

NeoTifa
10-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I can't stop saying your mom. It just flows out of my mouth :(

I used to twirl my mallets in band all the time. Didn't matter what kind. xylophone, marimba, bells, snare sticks, bass drum, chimes. I think I tried teh sleigh bells once too.

omg me too. the band teacher would get so annoyed he would come up and smack the mallets right outta my hands lol. at least i didnt drop them all the time in the middle of a song like most retarded percissionists at my school. idiots. it would be all lagato and piano and all the sudden "CLANK tee hee pen15" omg.

another is i either talk too much or not at all. no in between.

scrumpleberry
10-26-2007, 08:53 PM
I can crack my knuckles (it's a myth that it causes arthritis - it's only a symptom, not a cause). I can do this weird thing where I displace the bone on top of the knuckle on my middle finger on both hands. The visible bone that runs from the wrist up to the finger moves out to the left or right of the knuckle on the corresponding hand. I do loads more bones but those are the two that really annoy and psyche out all my friends.

I drum my fingernails on a surface when I'm bored or annoyed. When I think a phrase is witty I repeat it incessantly until it is no longer funny (ie: "No :skull::skull::skull::skull:, Sherlock" or "gaspola")

Ouch!
10-26-2007, 08:55 PM
I crack my neck frequently, disgusting most people in the immediate vicinity.

NeoTifa
10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
im quite pessimistic. thta really gets people :(

Madame Adequate
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM

I think our foreign policy effects the situation.

Yeah yeah, we've all read xkcd.

My hands can't stay still. At all. They must always be doing something. Doesn't really matter what, but they always have to be. Drives my mom nuts. xD

Also, when I'm reading something on the computer I keep highlighting and deselecting sections I'm reading, and playing with the mouse wheel and suchlike.