PDA

View Full Version : Sabin Blitz

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
How the hell do you do stuff like Bum Rush cause diaganols dont work on a D-Pad

Comet
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
It is possible. If you wanna go, for example, north west, (diagonally) you hold the up button and the right button at the same time.

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2007, 03:03 PM
it never works when i do it though

KoShiatar
10-26-2007, 03:08 PM
If this isn't the thousandth thread about this. I know I may sound stupid, but a decent 8-way pad isn't too expensive. It changed things for me, by the way. If you can't get one, the best advice I can give you is to do some training on a game that lets you walk diagonally (I don't remember if FF VI does) with your pad by pressing both buttons at once. There are people who claim to be able to do blitzes eve with a computer keyboard, so with a D-pad it should be fully possible.

blackmage_nuke
10-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Instead of pressing the buttons one at a time you just run your thumb in the arrow directions continuously. So for aura bolt you hold down then dont let go of the control pad and move bottom left then left.

Doing it quickly will make it abit easier

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2007, 03:17 PM
If this isn't the thousandth thread about this.

well sorry!! :D

thanks for the advice i will try it

Flying Mullet
10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Also, you can tap one direction twice to compensate for the diagonal. For example, instead of pressing down, down-left, left for Aura Bolt, you can press down, down, left and it will work. So for Bum Rush, try pressing left, up, up, right, right, down, down, left, left.

KoShiatar
10-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Flying Mullet the FF VI hero comes in and saves the day once again!

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Yep, FM's suggestion helps a lot.
Also, KoShiatar, i have an 8 way controler but it wasnt great at diagonals

Xurts
10-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Also, you can tap one direction twice to compensate for the diagonal. For example, instead of pressing down, down-left, left for Aura Bolt, you can press down, down, left and it will work. So for Bum Rush, try pressing left, up, up, right, right, down, down, left, left.
I don't know why more people don't suggest or know this. It's by far the easiest and most effective way of doing it, and in every Blitz topic like this there is at least one person who mentions it. It should be common knowledge for the regulars of this site by now.

NeoCracker
10-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Your face is common knowledge for the Regulars.

And be a man, don't do that pussy "Down Left Left" method. Roll your finger over the arrows like a Real FF VI Player!

I Don't Need A Name
10-27-2007, 12:44 PM
you should have a stickied FAQ at the top of the page

KoShiatar
10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Not a bad idea.

blackmage_nuke
10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
There is a stickied faq in this forum but this question isnt in it

The Ceej
10-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Your face is common knowledge for the Regulars.

And be a man, don't do that pussy "Down Left Left" method. Roll your finger over the arrows like a Real FF VI Player!

This is the correct way of doing it. Any other way would be considered cheating, or otherwise incorrect in my book.

Roto13
11-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't use that method because it's slow. I don't really know why people have so much trouble with it, though. Final Fantasy players don't play Street Fighter, apparently. :P

Mirage
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Slide input is the way to go :p

IWillKickU
11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
As I remember it, nobody who played the ol' FF3 on SNES had the benifit of an analog stick. And yet Sabin was one of the most beloved characters in one of the most cherished games ever developed on that system.:rolleyes2

NeoCracker
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't use that method because it's slow. I don't really know why people have so much trouble with it, though. Final Fantasy players don't play Street Fighter, apparently. :P

I played a lot of different SNES Fighters, so blitzs were nothing for me.

Flying Mullet
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM

I played a lot of different SNES Fighters, so blitzs were nothing for me.
Except Zangief's spinning pile driver. I could never get Sabin to do that. :(

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
As I remember it, nobody who played the ol' FF3 on SNES had the benifit of an analog stick. And yet Sabin was one of the most beloved characters in one of the most cherished games ever developed on that system.:rolleyes2The analog stick doesnt work on FFVI for ps anyway. Well not that i know of.

FFVIFan
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Go to Gamespot, they're should be a on how to do diagonal blizes without circular motion.

Flying Mullet
06-16-2008, 11:14 PM
You press one of the main four directions twice to cover the diagonal. So for Aura Bolt, instead of down, down-left, left you would hit down, down, left. And for Bum Rush you would hit left, left, up, up, right, right, down, down, left.

Kupin
06-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Started playing this game again and found my way here.

I guess it sucks if you dont have SNES to do them. Back in the day I would be able to initiate the bum rush well over 90% of the time. Now I have trouble doing a pummel or aura bolt....lol perhaps my controller is worn or Im just out of practice....I remember years ago i had to practice the Blitzes to get good at it.

Flying Mullet
06-20-2008, 01:22 AM
I don't know how I missed that this thread had been revived.

*hangs head in shame*