PDA

View Full Version : "Get your Hoe Ready!"

Peegee
10-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Image:Victory-Cigar-Congress-Passes-DST.jpeg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Victory-Cigar-Congress-Passes-DST.jpeg)

I just got a call about Daylight Savings Time. Apparently the farmers or the scienticians decided to delay DST this year? What sort of nonsense is this? I needs my nap time and I needs it now!

Has anybody ever become really confused by DST? Like going to school an hour early by mistake or arriving at all your appointments an hour late like a noob?

rubah
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Welcome to last year, peegy :D unless canada is just now catching up.

DST has been pretty great so far. I'd like to keep it that way (I'm eager to start waking up after sunrise this year)

Peegee
10-26-2007, 04:23 PM
This was going on since last year? Man, you know I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night, how you can expect me to remember what happened last year.

I don't even know what this office was like last year.

Heath
10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Image:Victory-Cigar-Congress-Passes-DST.jpeg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Victory-Cigar-Congress-Passes-DST.jpeg)

I just got a call about Daylight Savings Time. Apparently the farmers or the scienticians decided to delay DST this year? What sort of nonsense is this? I needs my nap time and I needs it now!

Has anybody ever become really confused by DST? Like going to school an hour early by mistake or arriving at all your appointments an hour late like a noob?

I've never because my father was always changed the clocks over the night before the change. It was rather obsessive; to the point he changed even watches that are saved for special occasions and almost never worn. Scary. Consequently I've never been caught out while I've lived with him, but for the past year when he's moved out I've managed to keep on top of it so far. I think last time I saw my computer clock skip an hour and thought "oh yeah, of course" and changed my watch and clocks over xD

Denmark
10-26-2007, 05:41 PM
My computer clock changes itself automatically, as does my cell phone's clock. And since I use my phone as my alarm clock, I should have no trouble with it this year. :D

The Ceej
10-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Daylight Saving Time has no place in this world. It was only invented because some crazy guy took too seriously a joke stated by Benjamin Franklin many years after he said it. I guess I should start looking that information up again in case someone wants a source. Oh, who am I kidding? When people ask for a source, they still never read it when I present it. Instead they tell me some sarcastic line such as, "We know everything on the internet is true." I'm not wasting the time.

And in all this Daylight Saving Time crap, they totally smurfed my computer and all my electronics. They changed automatically for DST. They can't do that now because it's changed. But here's the kicker. The government declared DST extended, but didn't officially extend it. Don't believe me? Syncronize your computer clock to time.nist.gov, the official government time. It'll go back an hour. So, officially, DST is cancelled, but no one is treating it that way. Hopefully next year, they'll announce its cancellation.

Zeldy
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I don't forget, my Dad is quite obsessive and changes every single clock or atleast reminds us. I remember when the clocks went forward an hour, and we were camping in a field half way through a duke of edinburgh expedition and missed an hour's valuable sleeping/recovery time :(

NeoTifa
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
i was an hour late to work last year :\ yea. it was all bad. BUT! i wasnt the only one heh heh im bringing you down w/ me mel!