PDA

View Full Version : A new way to be cheap in FFVI?

blackmage_nuke
10-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I have just found a lazy and easy yet extremely slow way of leveling up similar to the Lete river trick except it can be done in the WoR.

And it involves Zozo, and as far as i know can only be done in Zozo (Another win for the rainy city)

To do this you need an autofire controller,

All you have to do is stand on the left of Zozo on the world map and hold right, by doing this you enter Zozo 1 square away from the exit and when your character moves right they will appear on the world map on the left of Zozo and re enter. And holding the X button or A button or whatever will let your characters attack when you enter a battle so you can just get a rubber band or something and tie down the right and x button and leave for abit or something.

Unfortunately this is very slow because it's almost like moving 1 sqaure every 4 seconds our something, but i dont care how impractical this is, there are slight advantages to it over the lete river trick like having esper stat upgrades and being able to use mug. Am i the first to discover this or is this a long time thing?

This can work in WoR and WoB

Edit: this can also be done on the floating continent with the portal things except with up instead of right

10-27-2007, 10:10 PM
The reason it works so well on the river is because of Banon's heal ability. You can walk away for days or weeks and your party will be fine. If you tried the Zozo trick you'd have to keep checking back to make sure everyone's alive. Unless there's no combination of enemies that could even hit you before you took them all out. You'd have to test that.

Or if you fought those things that cast vanish on themselves and one managed to do so, it would eventually kill you since all your guys would be attacking. Again, unless it's impossible for one to live that long.

And like you said, it's much slower than the river trick, so someone would need to be able to walk away from the tv probably for a week.

But it's an interesting idea, I've never heard it before.

blackmage_nuke
10-27-2007, 11:03 PM
If you have Edgar use Bioblaster that might fix the vanish thing

And even though it's not as effective and predictable as health, using one of mog's dances with healing or Gau's rages or maybe having Setzer use lagomorph might help with the whole dying thing

Avarice-ness
10-31-2007, 02:49 PM
And it involves Zozo, and as far as i know can only be done in Zozo (Another win for the rainy city)

Zozo - like... A FREAKING MILLION
Jidoor - 0

Well, I'll give Jidoor one point solely for having a naked lady painting in it. Hi2u Chadarnook!

Saddly you want things to go fast in Zozo, they don't work like that. My boyfriend actually spent so much time leveling up there when Terra was all "ZOMG ESPER" that I seriously started to get pissed off at the music, in which I started begging him to PLEASE GO AWAY.
I banned my boyfriend from my town, he spent to much time there. :(