PDA

View Full Version : FF14 on psp?

PakisPaks
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi! While watching the console sale numbers I was thinking that FF 14 might be psp exclusive. Well Square Enix is making Dragon Quest 9 DS exclusive, then I think it is possible that they will make FF14 on psp. PSP sale numbers are quite good, even better than PS3. They won't make much money on PS3. I really hope that it would happen because I own only psp :( So what do you think?

Gilthanes
10-27-2007, 03:11 PM
I very much doubt that square would release a cutting edge new game for handheld, psp or not

Cookie
10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Well, he/she is right about Dragon Quest IX, so I suppose it's a possibility. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Dragon Quest IX is being developed for the DS because that system is an unprecedented, unrivaled success. The PSP...is not.

ReloadPsi
10-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Dragon Quest IX is being developed for the DS because that system is an unprecedented, unrivaled success. The PSP...is not.

The DS has a fancy gimmick that I shan't name. The PSP does not.

There's reason two.

Hyperion4444
10-27-2007, 04:15 PM
The PSP superior quality game and the fact you can access your PS3 from your PSP anywhere around the world, new great games and slimmer model contribute to the PSP sales increase.
I'm not into Handhelds anyway, I'd rather play games on Full Screen TVs (20" +)
DS is selling, I'm glad Nintendo's Finally doing Good.

I doupt FFXIV going to be on PSP.
It always took and pushed the system's limit.

PakisPaks
10-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Thats too bad. Oh well, I hope they make atleast good FF remakes and stuff on psp.

Vivisteiner
10-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it wont happen.

Hyperion4444
10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Remakes or Sequals?
Sequals = Already many
Remakes = Doupt it. (Besides I-VI) Maybe FFIX, since it was never on PC.
New FF = Dissidia and maybe more.

Gilthanes
10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
It always took and pushed the system's limit.

Thats actually mostly what I was trying to say, took the words right out of my mouth. All FFs have always been the cutting edge in terms of the systems available.

Will FFXIV initially launch on the PSP? I doubt it
Will Spinoffs or other FF titles hit the PSP in the future though? For sure

Initial launches of the numbered series need to stick to the major platforms if it wants to keep pushing the envelope and stay competitive

The Ceej
10-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Square is not that stupid. They will not release a game that counts on a system that doesn't, thus negating their game. All major Final Fantasy games will be released on consoles. They want people to actually play them.

Dreddz
10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Long RPG's arent suitable for handhelds in my opinion.

The reason they put DQIX on the DS is that its the most popular system in Japan and putting the most popular series in Japan on the DS will generate the most money. Unfortunately the gaming industry still favours money over anything else so we'll liklely see FFXIV jump to the DS or Wii if not on the PS3.

Mr Cactuar
10-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Long RPG's arent suitable for handhelds in my opinion.

The reason they put DQIX on the DS is that its the most popular system in Japan and putting the most popular series in Japan on the DS will generate the most money. Unfortunately the gaming industry still favours money over anything else so we'll liklely see FFXIV jump to the DS or Wii if not on the PS3.

FF is more popular then Dragon Quest :|

Who cares about FFXIV? FFXIII still doesn't come out for aaages.

It won't be on PSP, the PSP doesn't sell good, because it isn't good. It'll prob be on the next generation of consoles.

Slothy
10-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Not in Japan.

It won't be on PSP, the PSP doesn't sell good, because it isn't good. It'll prob be on the next generation of consoles.

Actually, for the record, the PSP has sold exceptionally well for a handheld, especially considering it's now competing against the most popular handheld Nintendo's ever made. It was even outselling the DS until the DS Lite was released, and both are still about equal in terms of North American sales I believe. The DS is really only hugely outpacing it in Japan, but given Japan's love for casual games these days, that shouldn't shock anyone.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
In Japan, the PSP is behind the DS by about thirteen million units, and in North America, the DS is ahead by about eight million units. So, the gulf between them may be relatively smaller over here, but it's still enormous.

Vivisteiner
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM

Not in Japan.

Yeah, there's no law in Japan saying that you cant release a Final Fantasy game on a weekday. The same cant be said about Dragon Quest.

Slothy
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
In Japan, the PSP is behind the DS by about thirteen million units, and in North America, the DS is ahead by about eight million units. So, the gulf between them may be relatively smaller over here, but it's still enormous.

That's still a fairly recent development then. The DS has only been selling like wildfire since the Lite came out. PSP sales in the US before that were outpacing the DS by a good margin prior to it's release. My point is though, the PSP can't really be considered a failure by any stretch. It's been quite successful in fact, which is fairly astonishing for a handheld not made by Nintendo. I just get a little tired of people who say it's not doing well without ever looking at the sales numbers. Just because they're obsessed with Nintendo's little gimmick doesn't mean the PSP hasn't done well.

Ashley Schovitz
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
They won't make it exclusive for PSP you know why because they'll lost a hell of a lot of money. The PSP is like a genereation behind in graphics too. They can do that with DQ because the graphics look cartoony anyway and can never come close to realism.

Bolivar
10-28-2007, 11:22 PM
They won't make it exclusive for PSP you know why because they'll lost a hell of a lot of money. The PSP is like a genereation behind in graphics too. They can do that with DQ because the graphics look cartoony anyway and can never come close to realism.

It's not about that, I think the graphics in DQVIII were some of the best I've seen.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-29-2007, 03:02 AM
That's still a fairly recent development then. The DS has only been selling like wildfire since the Lite came out. PSP sales in the US before that were outpacing the DS by a good margin prior to it's release. My point is though, the PSP can't really be considered a failure by any stretch. It's been quite successful in fact, which is fairly astonishing for a handheld not made by Nintendo. I just get a little tired of people who say it's not doing well without ever looking at the sales numbers. Just because they're obsessed with Nintendo's little gimmick doesn't mean the PSP hasn't done well.I agree the PSP shouldn't be called a failure, but still, it's all relative. Just because it's doing well doesn't negate the fact that the DS is doing much, much better.

PakisPaks
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
There are a lot of good games coming for PSP so I think that its sales will grow very fast. It will never sell as much as DS but it will become very successful console... at least I hope so, I really want to see more final fantasies on psp in future.

Raebus
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Final Fantasy's go to the top selling console/hand held to maximise profit. As soon as the psp's sales increase, then it'll start to see more ff games.

boys from the dwarf
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
A PSP exclusive game is a possibility but i doubt it will be a mainstream FF.

The mainstream always seems to be for the leading sony console. although its annoying that FF13 is out of reach for fans who wont buy a PS3. so perhaps a mainstream FF for one console that not everyone is likely to own, isn't too unlikely if they've done it already.

aquatius
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I wish they'd release them for PC.

Mr Cactuar
10-30-2007, 07:58 AM

That's still a fairly recent development then. The DS has only been selling like wildfire since the Lite came out. PSP sales in the US before that were outpacing the DS by a good margin prior to it's release. My point is though, the PSP can't really be considered a failure by any stretch. It's been quite successful in fact, which is fairly astonishing for a handheld not made by Nintendo. I just get a little tired of people who say it's not doing well without ever looking at the sales numbers. Just because they're obsessed with Nintendo's little gimmick doesn't mean the PSP hasn't done well.

Please tell me you got that from an incorrect source, because otherwise you're making things up and lying. The DS has always been outselling the PSP, and it was selling like wildfire before the Lite came out. About 5.5 million Phats were sold before the Lite came out, then it just sold even more crazily. And don't go ripping off the DS little fanboi, or I'll be forced to show you why the PSP is just mediocre.

All they'll really do is port FF's over. They wouldn't release a new mainstream FF game onto a handheld, even if it is the DS and sells like crazy.

Slothy
10-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Please tell me you got that from an incorrect source, because otherwise you're making things up and lying. The DS has always been outselling the PSP, and it was selling like wildfire before the Lite came out. About 5.5 million Phats were sold before the Lite came out, then it just sold even more crazily. And don't go ripping off the DS little fanboi, or I'll be forced to show you why the PSP is just mediocre.

All they'll really do is port FF's over. They wouldn't release a new mainstream FF game onto a handheld, even if it is the DS and sells like crazy.

I'd appreciate if you didn't call me a fanboy (or if you could at least spell it correctly) as I don't own, nor even want a PSP (though there are a few games I'd like to play for it. More than I've ever enjoyed on the DS, and yes, I've played the DS quite extensively. I just hate casual games).

You also seem to misunderstand. The DS started with a four month head start, and yes, it was ahead in total sales in North America right up until the Lite came out, but before the Lite came out, the PSP was outselling it on a monthly basis. Go look at VGcharts if you don't believe me. The PSP was catching up in sales by a greater amount every month even for awhile after they released the Lite. Japan was a different story with the DS being more of a clear winner there, but even then, the PSP was doing a respectable job of keeping up for a good while.

Sidderz
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I seriously hope not, I'd want it to be a PS4 exclusive. XD

Nah, I just don't really like handheld main titles.