PDA

View Full Version : Mafia - Sign up & Questions thread - RECRUTING NOW

Levian
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Time for another round of mafia! I hope you're ready 'cause there's lots of new sparkly stuff added since last time, so hopefully this round will be even better than the last one.
For those of you unfamiliar with the first round, here's a pretty link to the last game: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/109341-mafia-game-over.html#post2286418

Please read at least the Second Account section before signing up.

The Rules

This flash (http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf) explains the basic outline very well, so I recommend you check that out either way. The site is down every now and then so I'll write everything you need to know in this post. If there's something I should forget to cover, then bring it up to in this thread and I'll add it to this post! There's many variables in this game so i'm assuming there'll be many questions and that's basically what this thread is for, as well as signing up.

The goal of the game - alignments
There are three alignments in this game, Pro-Citicen, Pro-Mafia and Neutral.

Pro-Citizen - These are the innocent townspeople, they will win the game when all of the Mafia are dead.
Pro-Mafia - These are the evil Mafia, they will win the game when the Mafia are the majority of the population.
Neutral - These people aren't sided with either of the innocent citizen or the mafia. Their most common victory condition is to survive.

Days & Nights
This game is split into days and nights.

During days everyone will have the opportunity to vote to kill one member of the group. This is the main way for the citizen to get rid of the mafia, they'll have to use logic or perhaps luck to figure out who the mafia are, and on the other side the mafia will have to be sly and try to get the townspeople to lynch one of their own. At the end of the day, after discussions and votings, the person with the most amount of votes will be lynched, and their role will be revealed. Days last 24 hours and votes can be changed as many times as you want during those 24 hours.

During nights, anyone with a night activity will have the option to perform their specific activity. Mafia will try to kill someone, doctors will try to protect someone and cops will investigate the citizen to find out their alignments. These are only the standard roles, there will also be other roles with night activities, more on that in the new stuff section. Nights will end when everyone has performed their night activity, or in 24 hours, whichever comes first.

New stuff
-Additional roles
-Second Accounts
-Voting thread
-I Took the Red Pill

Additional Roles

These roles are possible roles in this game:

Beloved Princess - Pro-Town - If she dies, the next day will be her funeral and there won't be a lynch that day.
Politician - Pro-Town - Can buy someone's vote each day.
Roleblocker - Pro-Town - Blocks night activities of the targeted person,
Miller - Pro-Town - Turns out Mafia on cop investigations, but isn't actually Mafia
Bulletproof - Pro-Town - Can't be killed at night
Hider - Pro-Town - Can hide behind people at night. If he's targeted by a mafia while hiding, he won't die. But if the person he's hiding behind is targeted, they'll both die.
Reviver - Pro-Town - Can revive someone once during the game.
Bodyguard - Pro-Town - Can choose someone to protect, if that person is attacked, the bodyguard will sacrifice himself to save that person.
Elite Bodyguard - Pro-Town - Same as Bodyguard except the Elite Bodyguard manages to kill the Mafia before dying himself.
Faith Healer - Pro-Town - 50% chance to protect someone. Can't protect themself.
Commuter - Pro-Town - Can choose to be immune at night, but this ability can't be used two nights in a row.
Naive Doctor - Pro-Town - Doctor without powers, the doctor himself won't know that he doesn't have any powers.
Weak Doctor - Pro-Town - Functions as a regular doctor except he dies if he protects a mafia.
Paranoid Doctor - Pro-Town - Protects and roleblocks target
Insane Cop - Pro-Town - Always gets wrong result. Mafia will turn out innocent and innocents will turn out Mafia.
Back up Cop - Pro-Town - If all cops die, the back up cop will continue the investigation for one night only.
Back up Doctor - Pro-Town - If all docs die, the back up doc will continue protecting for one night only.
Watcher - Pro-Town - Selects a target to watch, the watcher can then see if that person targets other people that night. Basically, they'll figure out if a person has a night activity.
Gunsmith - Pro-Town - Can see if someone has a gun once every night. Both mafia and cops have guns
Vengeful townie - Pro-Town - Can shoot and kill one person if he's lynched
Mafia Roleblocker Pro-Mafia - Blocks night activities of the targeted person, will typically want to try figuring out who the doctor or cop is and block them.
Mafia Hitman - Pro-Mafia - Can't be roleblocked
Traitor - Pro-Mafia - knows who the mafia is and helps them, but is not a mafia
Mafia Usurper - Pro-Mafia - Works as a mafia, but can only win the game if the godfather is killed.
Survivor - Neutral - His goal is simply to survive the game, he doesn't care which side wins.
Jester - Neutral - His goal is to be killed by his own people, by being lynched.
Lyncher & Lynchee - Pro-Town & Neutral - The Lyncher is neutral, and his goal is to get the lynchee lynched. The lyncher knows who the lynchee is, but the lynchee himself doesn't know he's a lynchee.
Lovers - Pro-Town & Pro-Mafia - The lovers will consist of one innocent and one mafia, if one of them die the other will commit suicide.

But yeah, less than half of these roles will be used.

These roles will be used for sure:

Mafia
Mafia Godfather
Citizen
Cop
Doctor

Second Accounts
Unlike last time, you will not use your current alias in this game. We've made 19 second accounts this time around, all with names from Disney movies. :p You might wonder what the point about that is and if you have to behave like your assigned disney character, well I'll tell ya!

First of all, no, you do not have to act like Bambi if that's your character. You can if you want to, of course.

The main reason why there's second accounts this time is to avoid unactivity. People that aren't that active can choose to share an account with someone else, you'll both know the password and you can log in whenever you want and post. Last time we had a little trouble towards the end because people weren't being very active, and I think this problem will be solved this way by having the not so active or talkative users sharing accounts with someone else. Those of you who are very active and very talkative may still control an account all by yourself if you want. However, I highly recommend sharing an account. It can be fun too since you can plan your strategy together and you can discuss with eachother who you think is the mafia etc. Also, if one of you are going away on vacation, then the other can simply control the account while you are away. Right now there's just 19 second accounts, so I'm hoping people are willing to share so we can stick to that number. I don't really know how many people are interested in this game or if they want to share or not, so we might end up adding a few extra accounts. We'll see about that when sign up closes.

Another good reason for having second accounts is that you will be free to play whatever strategy you want. We know eachother pretty well around here, so people might be able to tell when you're acting suspicious. Now that you're behind another alias, they won't be able to tell in the same way. All aliases will be kept secret, but if you want to reveal who you really are, then nobody is stopping you. Play the game however you want.

Also, making replacements will be pretty easy too, since the accounts won't be replaced, just the members. Less confusion! That's bound to be a good thing, no? So it's important that you send me a PM if you want to be replaced, don't post it in the thread with your Mafia account. If you do, everyone will know who will control the account next.

I Took the Red Pill
My little helper! He's only 16 years old, so you have to be careful not to break him. Feel free to ask him all sorts of questions about the game, he's an Americano so he's around at hours that I'm sleeping etc. He'll also make the other thread so he can help keep track of things.

Other Stuff
-All, or at least almost all, discussion is encouraged to happen in the thread. The point of the game is for the townspeople to together discuss and use logic to figure out who the mafia is. If there's too much discussion behind the scenes and alliances forming then there won't be much left of the Mafia game, it'll be more a Survivor style game. Just a little something to make the game more fun for everyone, so stuff happening outside the thread is encouraged to be brought into the thread so people can see it. Of course, outside talking is not disallowed, it would be impossible for us to prevent you from doing it, but hopefully there won't be too much of it.
-There's 19 accounts to avoid a tie if everyone votes.
-Use this thread to ask questions, I'm sure there'll be a lot of them. If you have a question you don't want to ask in public, PM me or Keith. Questions like that could be about your role etc. Stuff you don't want people to know about.
-Discuss! Discuss! This game is not fun if everyone is being silent.

The game will start 1. Nov, which is Thursday.

When signing up, please state if you want to share an account. You can also use this thread to find someone you want to share an account with.

1. Fire Breath Bowser (wants to share)
2. DK
3. Resha & Lekana
4. qwertyxsora
5. Shiny
6. Fonz (wants to share)
7. Del Murder
8. Miriel
9. demondude55
10. Hazzard
11. Faris & The Summoner of Leviathan
12. Loony BoB
13. Sergeant Hartman
14. Raebus & Shauna
15. Psychotic
16. NeoTifa (could share)
17. Death by Moogles
18. Jessweeee & Mogi-Chan
19. Jess (wants to share)
-------
20. ShlupQuack
21. Baloki
22. Rengori & Scrumpleberry
23. McLovin'

I've probably forgotten a lot of things, so just ask questions.

Bowser
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I'll join this one. :jess:

Please tell me we weren't supposed to PM to join.

[M] Colette
10-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm a second account that will be used in this game. I am not allowed to have a signature, and I can only post in General Chat! How horrible!

However, I am able to send private messages to other people on this forum. That could be quite handy to use to send questions to Keith & Levian or if I turn out to get a cop or mafia role I could use it to communicate with my partners! No one will be able to tell either since I can just put myself on invisible mode.

If I get killed, Levian will ban me and I can never post on this forum again. :(

Looking forward to playing with you guys!

Levian
10-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll join this one. :jess:

Please tell me we weren't supposed to PM to join.

Nope, saying so in the thread is enough. But you'll have to tell me if you want to share the account with someone. Sharing an account is very much recommended. :mog:

I Took the Red Pill
10-27-2007, 06:02 PM
If you pay me I'll give you the passwords list to all the Disney characters.

I accept PayPal.

Bowser
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Nah, I'll be by myself.

I'm gonna live to regret this.

DK
10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm down. :monster:

Resha
10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Jesus H. CHRIST this looks really good. I...I'm itching...and yet...
edit: oh wtf :p sign me up! and as for sharing accounts, I don't mind! but how does it work?

EDIT 2: I CAN READ. I GET IT. nvm.

Levian
10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Okies, Fire Breath Bowser. Beware that you should be pretty active and post a lot if you don't share an account. ;) still not too late to change your mind.

Jesus H. CHRIST this looks really good. I...I'm itching...and yet...
edit: oh wtf :p sign me up! and as for sharing accounts, I don't mind! but how does it work?

Ok cool!

Basically you just both have the password for the account and you cooperate in everything, discussion, voting, etc. It can be pretty practical if you have to go away every now and then, as well as it's fun and it allows for more people to take part in the game. :] Should be pretty well explained in my post up there, I hope. Don't hesitate to ask if there's still something unclear.

Anyone in particular you want to share with or are you up for grabs? ;)

edit: ok haha, I responded to your post anyway.

Bowser
10-27-2007, 06:11 PM
If anyone wants to share with me, I don't mind. :oscar:

So basically, I'm up for grabs. O:

edit by Levian: excellent! :mog:

qwertysaur
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I'll join. issed the last one but looks like fun.:D

Shiny
10-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Okie. Sign me up plz. :)

EDIT: No, I do not want to share an account.

Fonzie
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Okay, I'll play.

I'll share an account, Lev.

Levian
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok, cool. You want to share an account with someone qwertyxsora? Would be recommended if you're not so active or talkative, or if you're unsure on how the game works. Should be explained in the rules up there. :)

edit: same question applies to Fonz and Shiny. And are you actually going to play this time, Fonz?

Del Murder
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm in, and I'll only share if that's what Miriel wants to do.

demondude
10-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll join please.

Hazzard
10-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Sign Hazzard up, Lev...:cool:

I Took the Red Pill
10-27-2007, 06:30 PM
New Rule: Sign-Up posts must also contain whether you're willing or not to share an account, and if you have someone in mind.

demondude
10-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Ok then I would not like to share an account.

Hazzard
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Not keen on sharing account.

Freya
10-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Sign me up! I'll share, as long if it's not someone stupid. PLEASE DEAR GAWD not someone stupid. If you can't find a non stupid teammate i'll just go by myself.

Levian
10-27-2007, 06:44 PM
At the rate the spots are filling, something might have to be done to include more people, whether that involves registering more accounts or whatever. We'll decide on that at a later moment when we know exactly how many are interested in participating. Would suck if there's a lot of people who won't be able to play, so we'll try to find a way to include as many as possible.

and also waiting for answers from Shiny, Fonz and qwertyxsora if they want to share accounts with someone. :)

Sign me up! I'll share, as long if it's not someone stupid. PLEASE DEAR GAWD not someone stupid. If you can't find a non stupid teammate i'll just go by myself.

How about Resha? ;)

Freya
10-27-2007, 06:46 PM

How about Resha? ;)

That'd be fine. :D

Fonzie
10-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, I'll play.

I'll share an account, Lev.

Levian
10-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Ah, sweet!

Del Murder
10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
All these rolls are pretty crazy.

Bowser
10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Insane cop sounds like the best role ever.

qwertysaur
10-27-2007, 06:54 PM
No thanks to sharing.

Levian
10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
All these rolls are pretty crazy.

When I picked them out I went for the least crazy ones, so I guess that says something about the other roles. :D Anyway, less than half of the roles are actually in use. Just listed 'em with a bunch of others so no one would know exactly which roles are in use.

Freya
10-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh my gosh this will be so fun. Instead of having like 5 mafia you'll have like 10 if everyone is sharing an account and then that could lead to more hijinks and what not. So much more evil could be spread and so much more confusion with the peoples. OMG I'm so excited :hyper:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I have a feeling there won't be much wonderland left when this thing is over. More like DEATHLAND.

Faris
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Sign me up. I'll share as well.

demondude
10-27-2007, 07:16 PM
I have a feeling there won't be much wonderland left when this thing is over. More like DEATHLAND.

You have spunk. :jokey:

Freya
10-27-2007, 07:43 PM

You have spunk. :jokey:

I can see a relationship developing here.

Loony BoB
10-27-2007, 07:44 PM
My name is Loony BoB and I'm greedy.

Sergeant Hartman
10-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Seeing as I survived the last round I'll join up again :hat:

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm a naughty girl and I like it when more than one person is inside of me. :-*

Please share accounts!

Levian
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
My name is Loony BoB and I'm greedy.

Does that mean you're in and that you don't want to share? :D

Raebus
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd love to sign up this time, I missed the last Mafia. So sign me up if it isn't too late.

demondude
10-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm a naughty girl and I like it when more than one person is inside of me. :-*

Please share accounts!

I like you too.:love:

Psychotic
10-27-2007, 08:30 PM
in

NeoTifa
10-27-2007, 08:33 PM
oooo oooo me next! i dont care if i share, but if possible, id like my own account

Levian
10-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Raebus and Hartman, sharin' or no sharin'?

Right now, except sharing, there's just three spots left, but keep signing up. Depending on the demand we might sign up more accounts.

Sergeant Hartman
10-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I wanna be on my own.

Raebus
10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Being on my own sounds like a better idea. If we have to share then I don't mind.

Levian
10-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Being on my own sounds like a better idea. If we have to share then I don't mind.

You don't have to share if you don't want to. but you could always share with Shauna if she wants to. she was in the last one, so maybe she wants in again.

NeoTifa
10-27-2007, 09:16 PM
so can we only post in the mafia thread with our accounts or all of gc together?

Levian
10-27-2007, 09:20 PM
There'll be two mafia threads, one for the game itself and one for voting, so posting should be restricted to those two threads. No point in posting in other GC threads.

NeoTifa
10-27-2007, 09:28 PM
o ok. sry it wasnt very clear. but cant the townspeople get on during nightphase and see their convos?

demondude
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
o ok. sry it wasnt very clear. but cant the townspeople get on during nightphase and see their convos?

The mafia members will use a different forum for that I think.

Mogi
10-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm in!
:D

Jessweeee♪
10-27-2007, 09:31 PM
ME!

Sign me up please.

(Mogi-chan and I will share n.n)

[M] Al - Biker Dad
10-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I hope I don't have to be mafia. I suck at lying. :(

demondude
10-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I hope I don't have to be mafia. I suck at lying. :(

You suck at life too.

Jessweeee♪
10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Mogi-chan and I decided to share an account :spin:

NeoTifa
10-27-2007, 09:42 PM
ummmm well, regardless, you can still see in it. and if its password protected, you can still see who like made the last post

demondude
10-27-2007, 09:44 PM
ummmm well, regardless, you can still see in it. and if its password protected, you can still see who like made the last post

No like on a different website entirely.

Raebus
10-27-2007, 09:50 PM

You don't have to share if you don't want to. but you could always share with Shauna if she wants to. she was in the last one, so maybe she wants in again.

I wouldn't mind sharing with Shauna, I'm sure she'll join this when she gets on or I'll tell her about it.

Jessweeee♪
10-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I has a question. If people with shared accounts post at the same time, will their posts be merged or deleted?

Jess
10-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll join in, and I don't mind sharing because I'm not as active during weekends as I am during the week. I don't have anybody in particular in mind. :jess:

Freya
10-27-2007, 10:44 PM
What if there's conflicting votes from the shared accounts! I guess they'll just have to settle it.

Shlup
10-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm in, and I will share or not share with no one or whoever.

Also, the puns with the Disney characters... disturbed.

Shauna
10-27-2007, 11:11 PM

I wouldn't mind sharing with Shauna, I'm sure she'll join this when she gets on or I'll tell her about it.

Sounds good to me. :)

Psychotic
10-27-2007, 11:59 PM
The Lyncher is neutral, and his goal is to get the lynchee lynched. He doesn't know who the lynchee is.Uh...shouldn't the lyncher know who the lynchee is?

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
If you still have room, I would like to join and I would not mind sharing.

Baloki
10-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Sign me up Levia of the night!

Edit: No sharing for me btw ^o^

Rengori
10-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm in!

TyphoonThaReapa
10-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Sign me up bitch!:cool:

Edit: On a second though, I'm better off as a speculator...

Shlup
10-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Sign me up bitch!:cool:

Edit: On a second though, I'm better off as a speculator...

You amuse me in so many ways. :<3:

demondude
10-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Last mafia game I came last so I'm gonna see if I can do better this time.
Knowing me though I'll do worse somehow.

Resha
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM

How about Resha? ;)

That'd be fine. :D
I'll try my darling, I'll try :whimper: for your sake!

Levian
10-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Okay, how about TSoL & Faris and Fonz & Fire Breath Bowser sharin'?

10-28-2007, 02:41 PM
If it is alright with Faris, then sure!

Faris
10-28-2007, 02:44 PM
It's up to him. I don't mind.

McLovin'
10-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Sign me up!

Levian
10-28-2007, 04:09 PM
A little tip for people sharing accounts: An easy way to communicate with your other half is to send a PM to yourself while in the mafia account.

Raebus
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Msn could be an option as well.

Resha
10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
We don't have our accounts yet, do we? :)

Fonzie
10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Give me my account, you Norwegian dog! :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I love this game n.n

AHAHAHAHA I hope I get mafia again, that was fun.

Del Murder
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Posting in this thread only as the mafia account will be <b>strictly</b> enforced.

You didn't lose, you won. The whole town won because the mafia died.

Freya
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM

That was prolly cause people didn't like YOU, not saying I don't. But people wont know who you are unless you tell them this time.

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM

That was prolly cause people didn't like YOU, not saying I don't. But people wont know who you are unless you tell them this time.

I think they were all pretty much like LOL DEMONDUDE and hung him. Poor guy.

I love the second account idea....the more intelligent members didn't have much of a chance last time because we knew they'd be a threat and took care of them straight away :(

Levian
10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
We don't have our accounts yet, do we? :)

Nope, the game starts on Thursday, so roles and accounts will be randomly handed out then! I assume there's gonna be at least a few more interested in joining the game, so now we wait!

Psychotic
10-28-2007, 06:22 PM
The Lyncher is neutral, and his goal is to get the lynchee lynched. He doesn't know who the lynchee is.Uh...shouldn't the lyncher know who the lynchee is?WELL?

Also, when the cop investigates, will they be told the person's EXACT role or just townsfolk/mafia? I hope it's the latter.

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Oooh, and do cops know who the other cops are if there's more than one o.o

Levian
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
The Lyncher is neutral, and his goal is to get the lynchee lynched. He doesn't know who the lynchee is.Uh...shouldn't the lyncher know who the lynchee is?WELL?

Also, when the cop investigates, will they be told the person's EXACT role or just townsfolk/mafia? I hope it's the latter.

Townsfolk/Mafia indeed. Meaning cops and doctors etc will turn out as Townsfolk.

And about the Lyncher & Lynchee thing, I think you're right. The flash site doesn't specify whether the lyncher knows the identity of the lynchee or not, but I guess there would be little point in these roles if he didn't know. It'd just be very random and luck based. So yeah, I'll change that.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. In the previous game they knew about eachother, but that doesn't mean they will this time, if there's even multiple cops at all! So yeah, unspecified.

Freya
10-28-2007, 09:30 PM

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. In the previous game they knew about eachother, but that doesn't mean they will this time, if there's even multiple cops at all! So yeah, unspecified.

Levian has devious plans, I can tell.

Levian
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
If you only knew!

Shlup
10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I decided to not share.

Are there only 19 accounts available? Make more, spoon!

Levian
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I'll make more when I know exactly how many we'll need

Bowser
10-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Sure, I'll share with Fonz if he wants to. :jess:

scrumpleberry
10-28-2007, 11:08 PM
I'd like to join, but I'd like to share with someone who's played before because I was too late to take part in the last one and thus haven't tried it before.

Rengori
10-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I'll share with scrumples.

Levian
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
okidoki

Levian
10-30-2007, 01:00 AM
'kay, I'm going to guess everyone who's interested in playing has joined by now, meaning our contestants this time will be:

1. Fire Breath Bowser
2. DK
3. Resha & Lekana
4. qwertyxsora
5. Shiny
6. Fonz & Flying Mullet
7. Del Murder
8. Miriel
9. demondude55
10. Hazzard
11. Faris & The Summoner of Leviathan
12. Loony BoB
13. Sergeant Hartman
14. Raebus & Shauna
15. Psychotic
16. NeoTifa & Jojee
17. Jessweeee & Mogi-Chan
18. Jess & edczxcvbnm
19. ShlupQuack
20. Baloki
21. Rengori & Scrumpleberry
22. McLovin'

So, I'll add 3 more accounts.

Jess, Fire Breath Bowser, Fonz and NeoTifa all mentioned interest in sharing accounts, so if there's still someone who wants to enter, you can share with one of those. Or you can be a replacement, I have a feeling we'll need one or two of those.

Game will start on Thursday. Accounts and roles will be assigned then.

Sergeant Hartman
10-30-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! :hat:

Jessweeee♪
10-30-2007, 03:42 AM
um....Mogi-chan is Death by Moogles, Lev XD

I forget that because everywhere else he's Mogi XD

Levian
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Ah, kk. *fixes list*

Laddy
10-30-2007, 09:50 PM
May I play?

Levian
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes, but then you will have to share with Fire Breath Bowser. or you could be a replacement.

Freya
10-30-2007, 10:12 PM
OMG we're getting so close to it :D

krissy
10-30-2007, 10:57 PM
16. NeoTifa & Jojee We are the dream team, woman powa!! ^_^ *Charlie's Angel pose*

Levian
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
which reminds me that people who have access to other peoples' accounts and are participating in the game should probably change their password, or just not PEEK. :mog:

krissy
10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Wouldn't think of it ^_^;;

*starts checking off accounts*

NeoTifa
10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
me and jojee are gonna own you guys!!!! <3

Psychokitty
11-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Erm..... Is it to late for meh to join? If I can, I dun wanna share. I'm on almost every day. I'll share with Bowser.

Levian
11-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Laddy asked first, so we'll have to wait and see if he wants to share with Bowser. :]

But if he still wants to share with Bowser then you could always be a replacement. I know there's at least 5 people who still haven't entered their account, so we might need one pretty soon anyway.

Psychokitty
11-01-2007, 01:07 AM
:whimper: :whimper: Um..... Ok...... If I must wait.......
:crying: :crying: :weep: :weep: :crying2: :crying2: :whimper: :whimper: :cry: :cry:...... Meh O.K! :D :D :D

Freya
11-01-2007, 10:17 PM
The game will start 1. Nov, which is Thursday.

UMMMMMMM it's thursday.....

Flying Mullet
11-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Let the scheming begin...

edczxcvbnm
11-01-2007, 10:49 PM
*schemes*

Freya
11-01-2007, 10:52 PM
/scheme

f f freak
11-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Dammit! Have I missed this one as well? Ah well, sign me up as a replacement or whatever.

Miriel
11-01-2007, 11:05 PM
What's gonna happen? :hyper:

McLovin'
11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Something BIG!

Jessweeee♪
11-01-2007, 11:16 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Levian
11-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it's Thursday. Keith is going to make the thread, so we'll be up and running whenever he logs on. Plan your strategy in the meantime!

Psychotic
11-01-2007, 11:24 PM
My strategy is to win. I think it's foolproof.

Psychokitty
11-02-2007, 01:28 AM
What do I do!!?? What am I??!! Am I even in it???!!!

Levian
11-02-2007, 01:37 AM
*lists you both as replacements* :]

Psychotic
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I think the whole point of having the Disney accounts was to stop :skull::skull::skull::skull: like puppet accounts based on outside-of-game relationships from happening. I now know who you all of you freaks are, and I don't think Hercules was the only puppet, and not the only puppet that voted for me. Sour grapes? Nah, you'd have got me anyway! I just don't like to see people not playing fairly. I mean if there was a cash prize, fair enough, but it's just a little game of mafia, there's no need for that kind of thing. Respect points DOWN!

edczxcvbnm
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Maybe next time we should submit to be in the game via PM and get the accounts through PM so we don't even know what members are playing?

Jojee
11-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I think the whole point of having the Disney accounts was to stop like puppet accounts based on outside-of-game relationships from happening. I now know who you all of you freaks are, and I don't think Hercules was the only puppet, and not the only puppet that voted for me. Sour grapes? Nah, you'd have got me anyway! I just don't like to see people not playing fairly. I mean if there was a cash prize, fair enough, but it's just a little game of mafia, there's no need for that kind of thing. Respect points DOWN!
It's just a game dear <3 And you are a bloody hypocrite, as if you didn't try to solicit people and find out who is who and tell them what to vote for. :p I'm sure the people teaming up have nothing against you though, but just had a good idea that you were Mafia. And Disney accounts were probably created so that people wouldn't base current game actions on the last game, such as no one would trust anything DK says in this game. :p Although true, it's easy enough to figure out who everyone is :shifty: I wouldn't mind going with ed's idea next time, but as things are now, and as all the players are <i>listed</i> right there, why not use it to our advantage? Even still, you can't trust someone 100%.

Freya
11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Fyi, resha posted once xD. I wasn't a puppet. Me and bambi discussed things that's all. It's better to have one friend then to be surrounded by enemies. I'd rather be able to dicuss and share ideas with someone then to constantly be suspicious. The suspicion was still there mind you, sorry bambi, I couldn't let that go it is a game of suspicion. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, but bird flu? That was a little odd.

Loony BoB
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Watch all these posts get moved to the other thread or deleted! xD

My thought on the issue is this: It doesn't make a difference who you are to me, and it shouldn't make a difference to anyone else. I suspect Danielle and refuse to let her get near my screen, despite her being my girlfriend. If anyone has learned anything from the last game it should be this: TRUST NOBODY. Until they say they're a cop and then successfully target mafia and someone protects them and all that kind of thing. If you can manage that.

Psychotic
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
It's just a game dear <3 And you are a bloody hypocrite, as if you didn't try to solicit people and find out who is who and tell them what to vote for. :p I'm sure the people teaming up have nothing against you though, but just had a good idea that you were Mafia. And Disney accounts were probably created so that people wouldn't base current game actions on the last game, such as no one would trust anything DK says in this game. :p Although true, it's easy enough to figure out who everyone is :shifty: I wouldn't mind going with ed's idea next time, but as things are now, and as all the players are <i>listed</i> right there, why not use it to our advantage? Even still, you can't trust someone 100%.Oh man I've always hated the "It's just a x!" argument. If it's just a game, why bother to play unsportingly? Why bother to respond to my post? :cool: And nope, I'm no hypocrite. I asked a couple of people who they were when they were like "Hi Cinderella!" to me, but I sure as hell didn't use the Psychotic Brand Name to make them vote or post how I wanted them to. Yeah, I know that was nothing personal and I'm not taking it personally, I didn't like you to begin with anyway. :tongue: And yeah, sure use it to your advantage if you want, and I'll say I don't think that's entirely fair if I want. You and I evidently have different definitions of fair, and maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. Either way, I am going to disapprove and scowl at you all from the corner.

EDIT: Last time though, I guess it was more fair because we used our real names. This time, though, the Disney thing is meant to get away from all of that and let the game be pure mafia rather than mafia + EoFF relationships.

Miriel
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Telling people what your roles is, is pretty much the same as secretly letting some of the people at a Poker table know what cards you have.

There is a difference between bluffing (which is essential to the game) at the table and surreptitiously texting a friend and asking what cards they have. I mean, obviously someone can be playing the game like DK did and tricking people, but I'm guessing that if you contact a friend playing the game and they WEREN'T Mafia, then they'd tell you their role if you bugged them enough and that's no good.

:twak:

Jojee
11-06-2007, 11:16 PM
It's just a game dear <3 And you are a bloody hypocrite, as if you didn't try to solicit people and find out who is who and tell them what to vote for. :p I'm sure the people teaming up have nothing against you though, but just had a good idea that you were Mafia. And Disney accounts were probably created so that people wouldn't base current game actions on the last game, such as no one would trust anything DK says in this game. :p Although true, it's easy enough to figure out who everyone is :shifty: I wouldn't mind going with ed's idea next time, but as things are now, and as all the players are <i>listed</i> right there, why not use it to our advantage? Even still, you can't trust someone 100%.Oh man I've always hated the "It's just a x!" argument. If it's just a game, why bother to play unsportingly? Why bother to respond to my post? :cool: And nope, I'm no hypocrite. I asked a couple of people who they were when they were like "Hi Cinderella!" to me, but I sure as hell didn't use the Psychotic Brand Name to make them vote or post how I wanted them to. Yeah, I know that was nothing personal and I'm not taking it personally, I didn't like you to begin with anyway. :tongue: And yeah, sure use it to your advantage if you want, and I'll say I don't think that's entirely fair if I want. You and I evidently have different definitions of fair, and maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. Either way, I am going to disapprove and scowl at you all from the corner. I only said the it's just a game line because you were saying "It's just a little game of mafia" and yet seeming to take it seriously in your last post ;) I know you texted at least one person on MSN and told them to vote for someone, and that was before you were really in danger. And I'm fairly sure that person is not Mafia. I don't think it's unfair to work with someone else who you're fairly sure you can trust to figure out who is and is not Mafia, and then team together to get that person out. And even then I said are <i>fairly</i> sure you can trust, I wouldn't trust anyone 100% to be honest.

Loony BoB
11-06-2007, 11:18 PM
All aliases will be kept secret, but if you want to reveal who you really are, then nobody is stopping you. Play the game however you want.

*moves posts into other thread now*

Psychotic
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
[ I only said the it's just a game line because you were saying "It's just a little game of mafia" and yet seeming to take it seriously in your last post ;) No excuse! NO EXCUSE!
I know you texted at least one person on MSN and told them to vote for someone, and that was before you were really in danger. Not quite! Lekana was convinced I was Cinderella and I was playing along, saying "Oh yeah I'm Cinderella! Help me find the Jester! vote Mickey! You've GOT to vote Mickey! Go go go go go go!" in an obviously facetious manner trying to double bluff my way out of telling her who I was because I didn't trust her. The vote Mickey thing was based - facetiously, remember - on the premise that I was Cindella, not on the premise that I was Psychotic. I'm sure she didn't take it seriously and so twisted what I said and took it out of context when she reported back to you.

If I had seriously wanted to make Lekana vote for Mickey as Psychotic, she would have voted for Mickey.
I don't think it's unfair to work with someone else who you're fairly sure you can trust to figure out who is and is not Mafia, and then team together to get that person out. And even then I said are <i>fairly</i> sure you can trust, I wouldn't trust anyone 100% to be honest.It wouldn't be a problem if you'd approached Hercules as MINNIE MOUSE and asked to work together. I'm pretty sure you approached Lekana as Jojo though. Can you see the difference?

Jojee
11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I didn't approach her, actually ;)

GREAT, PSY, NOW EVERYONE KNOWS WHO I AM. SCREW YOU xD

Psychotic
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Then she approached you. Either way, boo! Hiss!

Yeah I thought about editing that out but you made it obvious yourself by posting that you were telling Hercules to post for you and then coming out and saying Lekana isn't your stooge after all. But whatever I'll do it anyway~

Freya
11-06-2007, 11:35 PM
If I had seriously wanted to make Lekana vote for Mickey as Psychotic, she would have voted for Mickey.

I almost did too cause i knew you were cindy, I mean I can't deny you! But i went with my better judgement.

Jojee
11-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I didn't mention Lekana at all! xD IT'S TOO LATE, DAMAGE ALREADY DONE. I HATE YOU TOO :p

Freya
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
HOSNAP.

Nah we both knew we were playing, so we just dicussed it, as far as i knew she could have been bad, aIt wasn't tell like the second day that we figured out who each other were.

Levian
11-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Yes, it might be a good solution to have it be a secret who's actually playing the game. Well, for the next game anyway. I can definitely see two friends being tempted into telling eachother their roles. This game is not meant to be played on a forum, so there will always be flaws like that. :] It's easier to approach a friend and trust them than a complete stranger. You'll feel so much unsure of their role if you don't know them.

I've been thinking about another idea too though. :D I feel I've nagged enough on the admins as it is, but I'll just ventilate my idea anyway xD and if they think it's a good idea then great. :] The idea I had in mind would be to have a sub forum where only the alive mafia accounts could post. :D That way we wouldn't have to worry about people messing up and posting with the wrong account. Example from something that happened this round: Shauna accidentally posted in the picture thread as her mafia account, then she deleted the post and made an exact same post as Shauna. This resulted in Psychotic accidentally figuring out Shauna's identity because Psychotic can see deleted posts. The forum would also be viewable for other members, so they could follow the action, but not interfere with it. Wouldn't have to worry about the thread dropping down the page because of inactive periods either. We could also have a separate thread for voting, to keep things a bit more organized. There's so many factors in this game so things can easily get messy.

and of course, the threads would be archived and this sub forum would be deleted once the game was over so it wouldn't be annoying. And while playing the forum itself could be located some place down the forum page so it wouldn't be annoying for everyone not playing. ;o And if outsiders wanted to discuss the game (like we are doing now), we'd have a thread in GC or feedback or something.

But yeah, these are just some random ideas. I'm not even planning on hosting a third round. xD I wanna play dammit! So that's just a random idea for the future host.

Jessweeee♪
11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Wasn't Psy killed last time for something like that :p

Sergeant Hartman
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I reckon there should be Star Wars characters in the next one, or maybe even Final Fantasy ones! :monster:

Levian
11-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Jessweeee:
There's a bit of a difference between finding out someone's alias and finding out who 3 out of 4 Mafia are. :D

Even if you know someone's alias, you don't know their role!

Hartman:
I thought of FF characters, but figured all the cool usernames would be taken! never was much of a Star Wars fan.

Psychotic
11-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Wasn't Psy killed last time for something like that :pNo.

Also I told Levian there should be Lord of the Rings characters next time.

EDIT: Hey smurfer I also found out a cop too.

Jessweeee♪
11-06-2007, 11:59 PM
We should be Threads of Fate characters :mad2:

Levian
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
and then I said I couldn't name more than 10 of them! Psy had a little trouble himself.

Del brought up Pokemon, which could've been cool.

Psychotic
11-07-2007, 12:01 AM
No I bloody didn't. I named thirty at least!

Jojee
11-07-2007, 12:04 AM
You guys.... I'm Peter Pan. :</>o!

<a href="http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=3049" target="_blank">Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego?</a>
You scored as a Peter Pan
Your alter ego is Peter Pan. You are a child at heart. Anything you believe is possible, and you never want to grow up.
Peter Pan
81%
Goofy
63%
Ariel
56%
Cruella De Ville
56%
Sleeping Beauty
50%
The Beast
50%
Cinderella
50%
Pinocchio
38%
Snow White
31%
Donald Duck
25%

Levian
11-07-2007, 12:13 AM

More like 20! and that's counting silly things like Sauron's Eye, Gollum & the witch king.

DK
11-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Lord of the Rings characters would fail hard.

Tavrobel
11-07-2007, 12:17 AM

More like 20! and that's counting silly things like Sauron's Eye, Gollum & the witch king.

How is WK not a valid character?

Flying Mullet
11-07-2007, 12:17 AM
and you never want to grow up.
That's a midget if I've ever heard of one.

Freya
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
OMG we should do superheros next. I'd love to be like spider.... girl....

Levian
11-07-2007, 12:22 AM

How is WK not a valid character?

it doesn't even have a name!

a cool theme could be diseases. Syphilis the Naive Doctor and Ebola the Cop! Probably shouldn't have very illustrative avatars, though.

Faris
11-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Perhaps Simpson characters? There are hundreds of them!

Levian
11-07-2007, 12:24 AM
whoever is hosting the next game: take notes.

Lots of suggestions here. :cool:

Flying Mullet
11-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Farm animals?

The duck always had it in for the cow...

Psychotic
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM

More like 20! and that's counting silly things like Sauron's Eye, Gollum & the witch king.I didn't name Sauron's eye you lying jerk, I named Sauron.

Freya
11-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah levy needs to play this next time!

Tavrobel
11-07-2007, 12:32 AM
it doesn't even have a name!

WK isn't a valid name? It identifies the character, gives you an idea of who he is, and is properly established in context with the story. By your logic, Gollum would then be a valid character, since he has a proper name (Smeagol with an accent somewhere).

Scrubs characters?

Freya
11-07-2007, 12:33 AM
WK isn't a valid name? It identifies the character, gives you an idea of who he is, and is properly established in context with the story. By your logic, Gollum would then be a valid character, since he has a proper name (Smeagol with an accent somewhere).

OMG quit being a nerd!

Tavrobel
11-07-2007, 12:36 AM
OMG quit being a nerd!

no u

I threw in Scrubs, did you miss that, Miss Sarcastic?

Psychotic
11-07-2007, 12:37 AM
I suggested Gollum on his own. I didn't suggest Gollum and Smeagol.

Tavrobel
11-07-2007, 12:39 AM
I suggested Gollum on his own. I didn't suggest Gollum and Smeagol.

I don't think Levian knows the difference.

Levian
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
or maybe countries? Let's make this political, baby. USA votes to lynch Iraq because they acted suspicious.:eek:

edit: you're both orcs! >;o Get back to Mordor! or wherever they live.

Freya
11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
OMG quit being a nerd!

no u

I threw in Scrubs, did you miss that, Miss Sarcastic?

I did notice that. But i like calling you a nerd more!

Jessweeee♪
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Scrubs is kewl o:

...but Threads of Fate is better!

It would have to be a small game, though...there's only fifteen or so named characters :p

Psychotic
11-07-2007, 12:59 AM
fyi anyone who is afraid of me trying to cheat to win the game from beyond the grave, stop it you potatoes. I just bitched and moaned about fair play for crying out loud!

DK
11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
and you never want to grow up.
That's a midget if I've ever heard of one.

Yeah, Jojo is so short Levian comes up to her collarbone. :smash:

Freya
11-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I say superheros would work. There are so many of them.

Jessweeee♪
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
We could all be Scooby-Doo villains :D

Flying Mullet
11-07-2007, 01:56 AM
We could all be Scooby-Doo villains :D
Awesome idea. :yellowkin

Loony BoB
11-07-2007, 09:52 AM
In all seriousness, anyone who trusts someone because they are a friend of theirs is increasing their chances of losing this game, so anyone who does that deserves to screw up the gameplan. There's no real way to stop people from talking - it'll happen. I'm a terrible person at disguising myself, Danielle and I live in the same flat too which would only make it more obvious. I don't want to disguise myself, despite knowing that a lot of members would find it funny to kill me off for whatever reason. I just don't want to have to put in that much thought to how I post.

So let people talk amongst each other. It's only going to be their own downfall, more than likely. It's not like some mafia member is going to tell a citizen that they're a mafia just because they're friends, so when a person close to you says "I'm a cop" or "I'm a doctor", don't take their word for it. Let 'em prove it.

Freya
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
So how awesome am i, I'm 3 for 3 now, i vote dale and oh my he was mafia. Man good thing they killed me, I'd prolly go for another mafia this round :D I'm pretty much a big thing.

Shiny
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes, it might be a good solution to have it be a secret who's actually playing the game.
But is still happens anyway, so there's no point in having the Disney characters.

You guys.... I'm Peter Pan.
No gtfo! I am Peter Pan! Well, according to the quiz.

Levian
11-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, it might be a good solution to have it be a secret who's actually playing the game.
But is still happens anyway, so there's no point in having the Disney characters.

Another good thing about them is that replacements won't confuse us. Say Jessweeee starts the game, and she plays for three days, then someone else takes her place, and then that person votes a bit around. It can easily get confusing having to remember how both of these people voted and link them together since they had the same role. That's just an easy example too, what if the replacement has to be replaced? :D Since we're using accounts people will just have to relate to one name (per role) and how that account has voted throughout the game.

So yeah, there's multiple reasons why having accounts is a good thing. :] And I can't really think of anything particularly negative about them, except the effort it takes to log into it before you post ;)

Jojee
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I say the reviver should revive Herc :love:

And I love my Mafia account, I browse the forums on it until I have to log back into my own to post xD

Loony BoB
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
The only point of reviving someone is if they are a cop, really - because then they would be able to tell us all their findings. Or at least SOMEONE. And any available doctors could just protect them, too. I don't think there's much of a point in reviving anyone else.

Jojee
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I wish the cops would actually start telling us stuff :p Come on guys, where are you?

But then again, they could be the insane cop I guess so they should lay low until one of the people they checked dies, so they can be sure.

Still, if the reviver dies before s/he can use their power, that would blow. :\

Psychotic
11-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I think it'd be hilarious if the reviver revived a mafia.

Psychokitty
11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I think it'd be hilarious if the reviver revived a mafia.

Yes, that would beh hilarious! Cum'un Reviver! Revive a Mafia so weh can laugh at yeh for teh remander of teh game!

Miriel
11-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Del Murder and I are running the next Mafia game. :greenie:

So that means no more cheating! :p

:twak:

Freya
11-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Who cheats? Not me!

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2007, 01:15 AM

Another good thing about them is that replacements won't confuse us. Say Jessweeee starts the game, and she plays for three days, then someone else takes her place, and then that person votes a bit around. It can easily get confusing having to remember how both of these people voted and link them together since they had the same role. That's just an easy example too, what if the replacement has to be replaced? :D Since we're using accounts people will just have to relate to one name (per role) and how that account has voted throughout the game.

So yeah, there's multiple reasons why having accounts is a good thing. :] And I can't really think of anything particularly negative about them, except the effort it takes to log into it before you post ;)

My replacement got us lynched last time x.o

Mafia SO would have won if I weren't replaced.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
No they wouldn't have, because some of you dug your holes for defending DK.

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Not me :(

Miriel
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey, it can't be helped that EoFF refused to load for me last night. :mad2:

Anyway, half the townies suspected Alice before I even got a chance to make a single POST. So, uh, yeah. Not much I could do! But real funny how Alice was sooooo suspsicious to the townies when if you look back through the thread Alice really wasn't all the suspicious. Now I wonder HOW people really got to be so suspicious of a character in 3 rounds of playing the game, one round when Alice wasn't around much, and the first round which didn't even count. HMM. So much for basing the game on what goes on in the thread...

Freya
11-09-2007, 07:00 PM

Anyway, half the townies suspected Alice before I even got a chance to make a single POST. So, uh, yeah. Not much I could do! But real funny how Alice was sooooo suspsicious to the townies when if you look back through the thread Alice really wasn't all the suspicious. Now I wonder HOW people really got to be so suspicious of a character in 3 rounds of playing the game, one round when Alice wasn't around much, and the first round which didn't even count. HMM. So much for basing the game on what goes on in the thread...
Alice acted a little jojee ish... thats why i suspected her.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I'd say most people did their actual guess work outside of the thread with others. Which is what happened last time with the cops and it turned out well. But, this was just ridiculously quick. xD

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Next round outside discussion of the game will be punishable by DEATH.

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
that makes it less fun :( I dont want to get offed too quickly cause i'm smart!

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd say most people did their actual guess work outside of the thread with others. Which is what happened last time with the cops and it turned out well. But, this was just ridiculously quick. xD
Define 'well'. Obviously this isn't well for the mafia, whose main advantage in the offline version of the game is the ability to collaborate while the townsfolk can't. Mafia are already outnumbered, and have many roles that hinder them, like cops and doctors, and even stupid roles like bodyguards. Addition of the godfather helps, but in my opinion if townies can get together outside the thread and plan, it makes it virtually impossible for mafia to win. Mafia hardly wins anyway, unless you have really good mafia. But even bad mafia should be able to make it through a couple rounds without being offed.

Maybe we just had sucky mafia this round. Or maybe town just got lucky. foa was good, she lasted a long time. But I think the main reason mafia are being flushed out so quickly this time is that even more outside conversation is happening. This isn't good.

It also isn't very fun for people who don't run in certain cliques. They only see what happens in the thread and can't figure out why people are voting a certain way because the discussion isn't taking place there.

Also, next time we will be using Pokemon. :D

EDIT: Yes, if you are smart you will be killed quickly being a threat to mafia. But if you were <i>really</i> smart you would be able to be a threat to mafia without them knowing it. It's all about choosing your words wisely.

DK
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Alice acted suspiciously enough throughout the thread for me to warrant being wary of her, and, as it turns out, most of us were right. Of course, Miriel wouldn't see this as she is apparently the worst Mafia player in existence. Amazing xD

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I think it will be a good move to force all activity to the mafia thread, with the exception of Mafia activity of course. :] Should make the citizens less powerful and more insecure. It should probably be said that the Mafia this round have made some silly moves while also having a pinch of bad luck. Wouldn't blame it all on citizen grouping.

and I want to be Oddish or Abra.

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:16 PM
OMG POKEMONS! Sweet, when would the next one start, hopefully after ciddies.

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Obviously we can't force all of you to not communicate through msn or whatever, but we'd hope that if it is a rule to not discuss the game that you would abide by it in the interest of good sportsmanship.

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
If someone PM's me, I'll ban them! :smash: or even worse, I'll usernote ban them!

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Haha, 6 month user note ban for discussion outside the thread. I love it!

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:24 PM
You guys are just mad that me and jojee were freaking geniuses at this game. That's all, you can't cope with the awesomeness. I see what it is.

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't even know who you guys were.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Define 'well'. Obviously this isn't well for the mafia, whose main advantage in the offline version of the game is the ability to collaborate while the townsfolk can't.
Turned out well for the citizens of course. I meant the mafia game previously and not this one. A loss is basically inevitable when townies are given way too power which was the case this time around. And what were we given? A mafia usurper. Fantastic.

Not to mention, this game is going by too quickly. Levian gave the previous mafia more time to think about what they were going to do. But, Triton basically dug his/her and Dale's hole for voting so foolishly. It would have been great if there was team effort involved, but sadly there wasn't. And I felt like Psy and I were doing most of the scheming so I dipped. :p

EDIT: Yes, if you are smart you will be killed quickly being a threat to mafia. But if you were <i>really</i> smart you would be able to be a threat to mafia without them knowing it. It's all about choosing your words wisely.
No. The mafia's main target was not the smart ones. Did we kill off snip? No. And we surely did not kill off snip. These people seemed to be the only ones accurately voting and everyone else jumped on their bandwagons. Unfortunately, we couldn't kill off certain characters without framing ourselves for doing so. So it sucked.

edit by Levian: The game isn't over yet, sillyface.

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
]EDIT: Yes, if you are smart you will be killed quickly being a threat to mafia. But if you were <i>really</i> smart you would be able to be a threat to mafia without them knowing it. It's all about choosing your words wisely.
No. The mafia's main target was not the smart ones. Did we kill off snip? No. And we surely did not kill off snip. These people seemed to be the only ones accurately voting and everyone else jumped on their bandwagons. Unfortunately, we couldn't kill off certain characters without framing ourselves for doing so. So it sucked.

YOU KILLED ME OFF, and jojee and me were partners. Infact a lot of stuff jojee didn't think off until i mentioned it o.o She did come up wiht a lot on her own though. WHy did you kill me?

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Yet you still died, so probably not the best strategy, eh?

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Yet you still died, so probably not the best strategy, eh?

Yes but she did get more peopel out cause of our planing. Just cause one was gone doesn't mean we lost. It helped a lot too so when i died there was still some of my thoughts still left.

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Was talking to Alice/Shiny.

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM
A loss is basically inevitable when townies are given way too power which was the case this time around. And what were we given? A mafia usurper. Fantastic.

You don't know all the roles in this game of Mafia. MAYBE the roles are more balanced than you think. :p

Not to mention, this game is going by too quickly. Levian gave the previous mafia more time to think about what they were going to do.

Nope, I didn't. Same time frames were used in both games.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
If you hadn't lied to me about half of them maybe I would know, Lil Levy. :p

Oh, I didn't die technically speaking. Miriel did. Again.

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
If you hadn't lied to me about half of them maybe I would know, Lil Levy. :p

Oh, I didn't die technically speaking. Miriel did. Again.

Gawd poor miriel...

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
People keep accusing me of lying! xD I don't get why!

Why would I tell you all the roles? :rolleyes: That's part of the point, you know. and I'd rather not have all the dead players knowing everything. Would suck to have the game ruined by some leak.

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Well if there is more than one godfather then you would be lying since that was posted in the thread.

Miriel
11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
You guys are just mad that me and jojee were freaking geniuses at this game. That's all, you can't cope with the awesomeness. I see what it is.

How is it genius, to just go to all your buddies, ask them what their role is, confirm that they're not messing with you, and then just go after the rest of the people simply by process of elimination?

That's not what the game is about. The game is about using voting patterns and behavior to figure out who is who. Not just simply going to someone and being like, "are you mafia? No? Really, you're not? Ok cool, let's find out if PersonB is also not Mafia."

Like I said earlier, that's like playing a game of Poker where you know what cards all your friends hold.

By forcing the game to remain in the thread, it'll be a lot more interesting. Who can you trust? Who can't you trust? How are you gonna convince people to vote alongside your vote? It'll make the role of the cops even harder and riskier. It's gonna make it a real strategy game rather than process of elimination game. Can't you guys see that making pacts and whatnot with people outside the game just makes the game too darn easy?

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Also, to get BoB even more annoyed when he reads this thread, I'm going to go ahead and ban the use of Excel spreadsheets in the next game.

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Well if there is more than one godfather then you would be lying since that was posted in the thread.

I'm no liar. :] 1 Godfather. I kinda wish I had written X Godfathers now, though.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
People keep accusing me of lying! xD I don't get why!

You told me there was Elite Bodyguard and Vengeful Townie. Elite bodyguard was a lie. Don't know about Vengeful Townie. But, the whole time you had me afraid that a mafia member was going to get killed for killing an elite. But, it's okay. Didn't matter in the end anyway. xD

Miriel
11-09-2007, 08:43 PM

I'm no liar. :] 1 Godfather. I kinda wish I had written X Godfathers now, though.

Oh we're gonna make it real interesting the next round. :greenie: TRUST NO ONE!

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Shiny:
I have never told you that!

Psy told you that, and he said he wasn't entirely sure.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Wut. You told me on the mafia forum through PM. Oi vey.

Freya
11-09-2007, 08:50 PM

How is it genius, to just go to all your buddies, ask them what their role is, confirm that they're not messing with you, and then just go after the rest of the people simply by process of elimination?

That's not what the game is about. The game is about using voting patterns and behavior to figure out who is who. Not just simply going to someone and being like, "are you mafia? No? Really, you're not? Ok cool, let's find out if PersonB is also not Mafia."

Actaully i didn't really even talk to jojee before hand so the friendship was caused by this game. OS there was no, "hey are you a goodie or a baddie, TELL ME" None of that. It was "Hey what's this game about?" "Oh theres goodies baddies ect ect." "Oh cool so if you are good then you blah blah balh" So i kinda gathered that she was a goodie since the mafia could explain to her it all. So it was more helping to understand it then hey tell me cause i want to know.

BUT I see where you are coming form though, yes that shouldn't be done. But if it's more annyomous this next time, like you dont know who's playing then it'll eliminate that friend thing. UNLESS they do go ahead and tell them they are playing.

Baloki
11-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I say we use Final Fantasy characters, would be nice to see Rinoa get offed in the first round :p

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Wut. You told me on the mafia forum through PM. Oi vey.

Oh that. you asked about your safety at night, so I told you about those roles that could threaten your safety, I didn't say they were in the game. The first post in the mafia thread also specifies that the roles of the game are unknown and that the only possible roles to chose from were in the list in the second post. If I told you and nobody else that there was an elite bodyguard in the game, then that wouldn't be fair. So obviously I wouldn't tell anyone about which roles are in the game or not. I have informed about roles when asked about them, though.

Raebus
11-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I say we use Final Fantasy characters, would be nice to see Rinoa get offed in the first round :p

I can imagine the quips aswell, "Aeris being killed off by sephiroth again?". Do it.

Levian
11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I thought about using Final Fantasy characters, but all the usernames would be taken anyway.

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I don't want to take user names that people might actually use in the future.

Miriel
11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
There's no Pikachu on the forums?

Loony BoB
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM

Alice really was suspicious throughout. You might not see it but she was always very defensive compared to others and more notably never voted with the pack, constantly tried to raise suspicion towards others, etc. I don't think you've done anything outside of the thread so I don't see how we could base it on anything than what goes on in here.

You also have to keep in mind that it's not just about being BLATANTLY suspicious but also the fact that most other people had something to support them while you didn't. It's not about being obviously suspicious, it's about being less suspicious than anyone else. You weren't! Also, you were outdone by the button mashing heavy weapon using master. I've never even played this game before and I have a 100% record. I'm almost tempted to never play again from this moment so I can keep that record going. xD ...almost. >=] Now I'll probably fail hard. :(

I really do think that this was all just down to poor strategy on behalf of the mafia. But oh well.

Loony BoB
11-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm really sorry, but if I was mafia I probably would have done almost everything differently than how the mafia did it in this game. Not only has the mafia strategy for posting been terrible but they're going on with blaming it all on the off-thread conversing. But you guys can easily get in on that and use it to your advantage! It's immensely risky business to converse outside of the game. If you want evidence of how seriously I mean that, just ask Dan how much I trusted him when he talked to me.

All these pacts meant NOTHING to me throughout the game, I'll have you know. Bambi tried to contact me, I told her that I don't want any part of it. In fact, it increased my suspicion of her and I only pulled out of voting for her when she went public with her information because sending it only to me was just very suspicious to me. If I was a mafia, saying "I am a ________" would be to my advantage. Mafia is all about lying to people. That's what you do - say you're not mafia, obviously. It's EVERYONE'S job in this game, in a way - possibly excepting the Jester. So what if someone comes to you outside of the thread? What are you supposed to say? "Oh, you're not a mafia? Thank God for that! Now I can clearly trust you! Because if you were a mafia, I know you'd have told me. Boy is this a big relief. Now I will tell you that I am a cop and you won't kill me at all because you told me you are a citizen, which no mafia would ever do."

I don't mind no spreadsheets though. I never used Robin's ones because I found they lacked interesting information which I gathered on my own (and I think one vote on the spreadsheet was inaccurate, but never bothered checking to be fair). I still suspect a person that Bambi copied in the PM to me to, as a possile mafia informant. I suspect freakin' everyone. I still suspect Bambi too, actually. I have no solid evidence that she is not mafia so it could be a very good trick. Same with Robin Hood. There are very few people I am convinced of the innocence of (and that was admittedly by intense questioning and my own in-depth investigations which took roughly an hour each time).

I think Lekana and Ojoj PM'ing each other and just starting off some conversation and then joining forces is a terrible risk by them but lucky enough for them it paid off. I personally didn't do any of that. I talked about the game for a very long time before I trusted anyone.

So in a way, I suppose I back the idea of not talking outside of the thread - because for the most part that's the strategy I've used with success. However I do not back the BANNING of such activity, because if people want to take that risk then they should be given the option. I'm eager to get a chance to be on mafia in some future game so I can exploit such a thing. >=] Dan did it expertly and I want to have a go too. Someday. The kind of information that people bandy about would be very useful if I was mafia, I tell you. I think roughly half of the people in this game have used non-thread communication (either giving or receiving), maybe more. It's certainly made things interesting.

But back to the point: If the mafia think that's the reason they are losing, they're sorely mistaken - to my knowledge, most of the votes haven't included people agreeing on who to vote for outside of the thread. They've discussed things but I personally never agreed on who to vote for, I made my own mind up while at work on every occasion. I think so, anyway. I can't remember where I was on day one.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the mafia could win from this point and I could look very silly for dismissing their strategy. >_>;

Baloki
11-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I think the townspeople have been insanely lucky and because of that the Mafia haven't had a chance to really plot, scheme or do anything as they've been having to cover their backs constantly. I don't think it's anything to do with skill, outside co-ercing etc, I think it's just luck.

Miriel
11-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Alice really was suspicious throughout. You might not see it but she was always very defensive compared to others and more notably never voted with the pack, constantly tried to raise suspicion towards others, etc. I don't think you've done anything outside of the thread so I don't see how we could base it on anything than what goes on in here.

You also have to keep in mind that it's not just about being BLATANTLY suspicious but also the fact that most other people had something to support them while you didn't. It's not about being obviously suspicious, it's about being less suspicious than anyone else. You weren't! Also, you were outdone by the button mashing heavy weapon using master. I've never even played this game before and I have a 100% record. I'm almost tempted to never play again from this moment so I can keep that record going. xD ...almost. >=] Now I'll probably fail hard. :(

I really do think that this was all just down to poor strategy on behalf of the mafia. But oh well.

*I* only made two posts as Alice and that was after people had made posts stating how suspicious Alice was. And prior to that, Alice was inactive while Levian was trying to find a replacement. So all in all, Alice really wasn't in a posi<b></b>tion to be suspected by people UNLESS people already figured out (through talking to people outside the game) who was citizen and using that info to figure out who might be Mafia. So you guys are trying to argue that in 3 rounds (4th round was when everyone ganged up on Alice), the first round in which everyone was pretty much joking around, and the 3rd round in which Alice wasn't really active, she managed to be the most suspect out of like 20 players?

Loony BoB
11-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I think the townspeople have been insanely lucky and because of that the Mafia haven't had a chance to really plot, scheme or do anything as they've been having to cover their backs constantly. I don't think it's anything to do with skill, outside co-ercing etc, I think it's just luck.

I'll agree with that, definitely, too. While a lot of it has been playing the percentages and going for the person most likely, on the Winnie/Alice one it was terribly difficult for me to decide who to go for, and picking between them ended up going down to who else was going for them and what I thought of those people. I think things through too far >_>;

11-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Hmmm...for whoever does this in the future, an interesting role would be a corrupted cop. Basically, he appears to be a townsfolk when investigated, and is aware of all the other cops and their communication and the other cops think that he is a cop but in reality he isn't. Basically, he can feed ideas to the cop as well as inform the mafia as to the movement of the other cops. The only thing is, he cannot reveal who the other cops are. Though the last point would be the problem, you'd have to assume that he would not reveal them. I think I did not think out the idea well enough...oh well...

Loony BoB
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
a[osidygpoasihg asoidgh. Yes, she was!

In every bit of honesty, nobody that I know of has investigated you and therefore I had no outside information on you. I just felt that Alice was really suspicious - even absences can seem suspicious.

The reason I suspected Alice was as follows...
1) NEVER voted for a proven mafia, regardless of how obvious it might have been at the time.
2) Constantly trying to raise suspicions of people but none of them (to my recollection) were mafia.
3) Voted 'wasted' votes, eg. Pluto in the middle of the Cinderella vs. Mickey war. Why vote for someone if you know they won't "win" at that point?
4) Very defensive.
5) Poor reasoning.
6) Had done everything to point us towards others but never pointed towards people that turned out to be mafia.

...I guess that covers it. "More suspicious than everyone else".

Maybe you don't see it that way but it was pretty obvious to me. Same goes for Winnie and Aladdin so we'll see what happens with them.

Please note that when I say 'you' I mean 'Alice', if I said 'you' at any point. So don't take it the wrong way. I understand you might be frustrated but if you wanted to stay hidden, you did a very poor job of camouflaging yourself amongst the citizens. Very stand-outish to me.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Wow, that Alice person caused alot of drama. This game turned out to be good after all. :)

Miriel
11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
It's certainly made things interesting.

Nah, I don't think it has. There's been two games which have included outside communications. In real life Mafia, you don't do that. The Mafia wiki even states that it's against the rules and the largest Mafia games played online don't have outside communications. So what's wrong with trying it different this next round? Sheesh. Who knows, it might make things a lot more interesting.

Loony BoB
11-09-2007, 11:07 PM
It's certainly made things interesting.

Nah, I don't think it has. There's been two games which have included outside communications. In real life Mafia, you don't do that. The Mafia wiki even states that it's against the rules and the largest Mafia games played online don't have outside communications. So what's wrong with trying it different this next round? Sheesh. Who knows, it might make things a lot more interesting.
I wonder how they know there is no outside communication? I suppose they might KNOW that nobody knows each other's IM's or something, which could help.

How in real life would the mafia be able to communicate with each other if nobody is allowed to? Just curious. I mean, how do they even play the game offline?

Miriel
11-09-2007, 11:14 PM
I think they figure if it's in the rules, most people will abide by them. Trusting people and all that good stuff.

This game is more fun in real life, trust me. You sit around in a circle and basically just go at it. There's lots of yelling and laughing involved. If you guys ever do EoFF meetups in the future, try playing this game IRL.

Shiny
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Actually, I'm thinking playing this game with a few of my friends offline and seeing how it goes. I'm just going to be the moderator though for the first go. Any tips?

Del Murder
11-09-2007, 11:19 PM
In the real game people are all sitting together in the same room the whole time. During night we just close our eyes, and the GM calls each group to wake up one at a time. The cop/doc/mafia chooses the person they want to investigate/save/kill silently as to not give away their identity. All secret communication therefore has to be done silently, or through code in the daytime when everyone can talk.

Miriel
11-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh yeah, irl, a lot of the suspicions go like this:

*everyone closes eyes, Mafia does their thing*
*everyone opens eyes*

Pikachu: I HEARD YOU MOVE DIGLET!! I heard you move during the "night"! You're Mafia!
Diglet: Wtf, I didn't move! The sound came from my left, it was Squirtle! I swear you guys, I'm a citizen.
Pickachu: THAT'S WHAT MAFIA WOULD SAY IF THEY WERE TRYING TO PROTECT THEMSELVES! *throws a banana at Squirtle*

A lot of the earlier accusations are based entirely on how quiet or loud a person is during the "night". :p It's afterwards when things get rolling that accusations become based on voting patters and stuff.

DK
11-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Seriously, stop trying to justify failure by accusing people of basically cheating. At the end of the day, Alice was the mafia godfather, and people will have had their own reasons to vote for her and they turned out to be right. If you can't accept that people would find her behaviour suspicious, that's your own problem, go play a game you're good at.

Miriel
11-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Don't be a hypocrite. The "cheat" comment was followed by a :p which implied that I don't think anyone was actually CHEATING. How can you cheat if it's not against the rules? No one was cheating. It was a joke. Sheesh.

If you can't accept that some people would prefer the game to take place in the actual thread, then that's your problem. Deal with it.

Baloki
11-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Haha, you all make me laugh. ^o^

[M] Dee
11-10-2007, 12:04 AM

*I* only made two posts as Alice and that was after people had made posts stating how suspicious Alice was. And prior to that, Alice was inactive while Levian was trying to find a replacement. So all in all, Alice really wasn't in a position to be suspected by people UNLESS people already figured out (through talking to people outside the game) who was citizen and using that info to figure out who might be Mafia. So you guys are trying to argue that in 3 rounds (4th round was when everyone ganged up on Alice), the first round in which everyone was pretty much joking around, and the 3rd round in which Alice wasn't really active, she managed to be the most suspect out of like 20 players? Yes.

Thread to long, skimmed it xD

If anyone thinks that somehow I cheated by knowing who Alice/other mafia were, I didn't. :p Suspected Alice since Day 1 because of her vote for Baloo, and said that since Day 1.

Baloki
11-10-2007, 12:07 AM
tl;dr

Miriel
11-10-2007, 12:09 AM
lol, bambi.

Jessweeee♪
11-10-2007, 12:37 AM
I didn't think her vote for Baloo was that suspicious, though maybe a little...I just thought she had a certain...mafia-ish aura to her...y'know?

[M] Dee
11-10-2007, 01:38 AM
lol what :p I just assume that's what you were getting at since I have been going for Alice since the start ^_^

Psychotic
11-10-2007, 02:32 AM
I am 110% behind the changes Miriel and Del Miriel are bringing in.

DK
11-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Don't be a hypocrite. The "cheat" comment was followed by a :p which implied that I don't think anyone was actually CHEATING. How can you cheat if it's not against the rules? No one was cheating. It was a joke. Sheesh.

If you can't accept that some people would prefer the game to take place in the actual thread, then that's your problem. Deal with it.

Where did I ever say I had a problem with what people would prefer? I can see why people want it all in the thread and I can see why people want the freedom to discuss outside, neither one makes any difference to me, I'm not making the rules. Just can't be arsed to deal with someone whining about a non-issue because they're poor at the game. And don't try and fob anything off as a joke, in this thread and the other one before it was merged you were going on about Alice apparently not doing anything suspicious that warranted her being lynched, while apparently most of the other players clearly thought she did. You weren't joking, you were just wrong.

There was plenty of outside of the game discussion on both sides last time and there was hardly any concern raised until after the game finished, and even then it was hardly a problem. The only reason anyone is kicking off a fuss now is because the mafia are getting their asses kicked, but that's been down to a mixture of luck and poor play by the mafia.

Do whatever you want with the game rules, I don't care, I'll play anyway. Just these lame excuses are pretty sad :monster:

Miriel
11-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Oh yeah, and calling someone "poor" at a game when I didn't even get a chance to PLAY makes a lot of sense. As though that's what this is about? Pfft. Just comes off as being an ass to me. :greenie:

I didn't say I was joking about the Alice thing. I personally didn't suspect her of being Mafia before I found out she was Mafia. And so I was suprised when I logged in and saw that the very first post in the new round was about lynching Alice. So that's just PERSONAL opinion. I was kidding about the cheating thing.

DK
11-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Well even though you knew when you took the role over that Alice was a mafia godfather you were still apparently incapable of seeing what most other people could, even after the role was outed. So seeing as that's all we've got to go on, what else would I assume?

And yeah, some of us don't hide behind implications. I've never said anything contrary to that claim either. :spin:

Miriel
11-10-2007, 02:58 AM
I don't even know what you're talking about any more. Seriously. :confused:

Loony BoB
11-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I just find it funny that all the people with known roles that are complaining about this are mafia members in this game, while someone who was a somewhat successful mafia member in the previous game thinks it's fine.

Del Murder
11-25-2007, 04:55 AM
This will be starting again soon. Please pm myself or Miriel if you want to play. In the pm please tell us the following things:

1. If you are willing to share an account, and if so tell us if you have a preference on who to share with.

2. Whether you would rather be citizen or mafia, or it doesn't matter.