PDA

View Full Version : Salad Fingers - what happened to the world in that series?

Peter_20
10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
So, what are your theories on the background in Salad Fingers?
Salad Fingers himself often refers to "The Great War", and this might mean that his world was destroyed during a huge war long ago.
Who knows, maybe Salad Fingers once was a perfectly normal guy, but he suffered some extremely traumatic accidents.
He probably lost his family and felt lonely and desperate in the desolated world, until he became completely twisted.

As a matter of fact, in the newest episode (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/401422#) he breaks apart several times, and he obviously greatly misses something.

Comet
10-27-2007, 06:09 PM
i only really liked one episode of salad fingers. it was the one when he was stroking himself with nettles and he got horny, and some milk came out of his nipple.

Dreddz
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I dont think the person who made Salad Fingers actually ever thought of a background to him. Its all random doodle with no meaning or relation to anything. The fact that hes meant to be a piece of actual Salad should show this right away.

Heath
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
It's still going. Fat Pie is updated every now and again with other stuff. I thought Salad Fingers was interesting, but I think that's about as complimentary a review as you'll get out of me. Burnt Face Man, however, also by David Firth is rather excellent. So was Devvo.

I always assumed that The Great War was the first World War because that's what's the term is usually associated with. My memory is a little sketchy, but I believe Salad Fingers says his brother went to fight in the Great War and finds a skeleton of him who he invites to dinner. Given that a corpse from WWI would have decomposed by now, I suppose it's plausible. Thinking about it, the area where he lives looks rather similar to "No Man's Land" physically and metaphorically. However, I'd say that my comparisons there are trying to make sense of something that is, by definition, non-sensical.

Rye
10-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think it's supposed to be anything but a possible allegory to WWI.

Online, I read this really interesting psychoanalysis on each episode, and how his finger puppert reperesent a different part of his mind, and it was really cool, but I can't find it now. :[

NeoTifa
10-27-2007, 09:11 PM
yes, i think hubert cumberdale is the evil part. but what of marjory stewart baxter? she tastes like sunshine dust. stoner?

Peter_20
10-27-2007, 09:17 PM
yes, i think hubert cumberdale is the evil part. but what of marjory stewart baxter? she tastes like sunshine dust. stoner?Illogical quotes and events rock!
In the new episode he's feeding a freaking radio.
I don't know why, but... that sequence seriously gives me the creeps, probably because feeding a radio is rather unusual. XD

MKusanagi
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
I...fucking...love...Salad Fingers. I have no idea but its like he (and that strange creepy demon baby) is the only thing alive (
oh and the centipede) on the planet. It's sooo funny yet it is soooo freaky! Ahaha. I love those episodes!

NeoTifa
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
yea, or maybe its world war 3 and the reason hes salad is because of all of the nuclearness is distorting peoples and stuffs. twould explain lack of intelligent life forms as well

MKusanagi
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
or maybe we're just in the mind of a serial killer.

NeoTifa
10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
.....<.< youre disturbed

Shlup
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I hate Salad Fingers. I'm all for bizzare internetsy stuff, but Salad Fingers creeps me out.

Once I got a call from Salad Fingers. I didn't know who it really was for over a year. Turned out to be my younger cousin. I punched him so freaking hard...

Rye
10-28-2007, 10:44 PM
yes, i think hubert cumberdale is the evil part. but what of marjory stewart baxter? she tastes like sunshine dust. stoner?

Well, IIRC, Hubert Cumberdale was his darkest part, the part of him that was warped when he murdered or raped someone, or so said the psychoanalysis. Jeremy Fisher was the part of his mind trying to seek help and trying to stop the violence, and Marjory Stewart Baxter was his true self, before he became warped. Kind of in a way like the ID, ego, and superego, to some extent.