PDA

View Full Version : Weird Glitches

Skyblade
10-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I was playing Half-Life while listening to Simon and Garfunkel (a weird combination, I know) on Windows Media Player, when I noticed that the song was actually being played twice, with about a one second delay between the two. So I switched out and cancelled the Media Player, only to find that somehow Half-Life had associated the CD's music with its own sound files (and restarting Half-Life didn't stop it). Having "Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson" play the entire time I was on the Xen homeworld produced a rather different atmosphere than I'm used to in that area.

So, what are the strangest glitches you guys have ever had in your games?

Markus. D
10-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Back in the old Turok Oblivion days...

In one certain multiplayer arena, you could jump out of the arena... slowing floating away until you when kaboom and respawned.

Or~ In GW, how you can push through a line of Canthan Guards into the middle of an unfinished map.

Makes you remember it's only a game :[

Nominus Experse
10-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I recall that while playing Morrowind one day, something very peculiar occured:

I had equiped the Boots of Blinding Speed and was running and jumping about (literally, in game) like any respectable hooligan would after completing the tedious quest that is required to obtain these special boots. So while jumping and running up a small hill on the map, I noticed that for one reason or another, my character was not falling back to the ground, even though the sound for my character's jump continued to play in rapid fire.

To put in simpler words, it seemed as though my character was somehow jumping on air, up, up, and continuing to climb.

Eventually my character scaled the entirity of the mountain, but she did not stop there, oh no. She went higher into the sky (so high that the ground went out of sight for nigh half a minute), until the game glitched out and brought me suddenly back down to the ground in a second's time, where my character promptly died.

And even while dying, the jumping sound continued to play.

'Twas a very strange occurance.

And then I had to redo the quest, god dammit.

Odaisé Gaelach
10-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Not really glitches, but I remember in Duke Nukem 3D if you cheated you could use the jetpack to fly up to places normally not accessible to the player.

The level designers left messages on the walls: "You shouldn't be here" and "How did you get here?".

Lawr
10-28-2007, 04:21 PM
That also happened to me, I had Cool Trax playing on my Space Adventure thing.

Fonzie
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Flying Box Crate, Halo 3.

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
OMG I used the gameshark while playing Tomb Raider II once, and then I tried pulling out a weapon during the tutorial at Lara's Home, and it was funny.

Her arms kept flailing around like crazy! The same thing doesn't always happen, though.

Once I pulled out Uzis, and her head was replaced with a second butt whenever I shot. Same with her hands! :kaolaugh:

~

It's also fun to play with the Move Objects code in The Sims XD

All kinds of weird stuff happens.

Vivisteiner
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
YouTube - Dragon Quest VIII Glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srGiIMQkzgI)
YouTube - Dragon Quest VIII fall through the map glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfp9Io6vTek)
YouTube - Dragon Quest VIII: Over 9,999 damage glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzsJGMkDk4Y)
^Not mine.

Oooh, music. YAY!

YouTube - Oblivion glitches and funny stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRn2eBK9dg)

Shoeberto
10-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I was playing Half-Life while listening to Simon and Garfunkel (a weird combination, I know) on Windows Media Player, when I noticed that the song was actually being played twice, with about a one second delay between the two. So I switched out and cancelled the Media Player, only to find that somehow Half-Life had associated the CD's music with its own sound files (and restarting Half-Life didn't stop it). Having "Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson" play the entire time I was on the Xen homeworld produced a rather different atmosphere than I'm used to in that area.

So, what are the strangest glitches you guys have ever had in your games?
Yep, old Quake-based games did that a lot. I kinda liked having my music play during the game, but like you said it didn't work as well as it could've.

Dragon Mage
10-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Morrowind has all the glitches in it you could possibly want. From the everyday glitches of patches of sky not appearing, to only certain things appearing in an odd, pixelated green&blue color. Like, one time, all the guars tongues were blue/green as thought the video card couldn't read the data properly.

I really did love cheats quite a bit, espcially ToggleCollision! :love: But the weirdest glitch in that game must be when (without any cheats!) I started walking in the air. I tried to go down the stairs of one city, and I just kept going in midair.

It was odd. Especially when I couldn't get down. :<

Another odd glitch that happened was in a console game, rather rare. In Samurai Warriors 2, I went through a wall. Then couldn't get back out. And I was soooooooo close to finishing too! I had to restart the whole darn mission. :mad:

Heath
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
There was that fantastic glitch in Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon that meant if you jumped in a precise place in the Festival Village then you'd fall through the ground into space and fall endlessly. Good times.