PDA

View Full Version : A Year Retrospective...

Wolf Kanno
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
So today marks the one year anniverary I joined and damn has it been a crazy year for me. I met alot of interesting people, had a lot of good debates, and continue to make an ass of myself.

So the topic of this thread, what are your thoughts on your first year at EoFF?

XxSephirothxX
10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
My first year at EoFF pretty much changed the way I lived my life. I spent more time socializing online, discovered IRC and made a few great friends and plenty of acquaintances, and so much more. It's hard to describe, really. But within that year EoFF became my online home, the point from which I branch out from.

It was probably my favorite year because things still felt fresh. Topics were new, enthusiasm was high, and I had oldbies and staff people to look up to. Now most of those people are gone, I'm familiar with most topics and trends and the workings of the fora, so it's a lot different.

EoFF was definitely a great way for me to distract myself from the general :skull::skull::skull::skull: that was Junior year of high school.

Jessweeee♪
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I didn't do a whole lot during my first year :p

I didn't get on the computer much, so with what limited time I had on EoFF I spent everywhere but General :exdee:

Now I spend most of my time up here, but I still post down below some n.n

Old Manus
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I spent most of my time away from GC and was a bit of a tit, imho.

KoShiatar
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Hum, my first year at EoFF definitely didn't change my life, but I had a lot of fun, and I learnt that luckily you can talk about how much you like Final Fantasy and more serious stuff at the same place. This is one of the best and most long-lasting forum communities I've found.

NeoTifa
10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
i wasnt really here much i guess. i lost my internet shortly after i joined. then i found this somehow, thought it looked familiar, joined, discovered why it sounded familiar, and then had the mods join my 2 accounts :P

Shlup
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't remember my first year at EoFF. There weren't many members so I guess not that much was going on.

I do remember Acmlm modding the hell out of everything though. That was amusing.

boris no no
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm coming up to 3 years here x_x
It's a bit weird

Rase
10-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Hell if I remember. I have trouble thinking of my time at EoFF over the past week. I'll just say it was interesting.

Yamaneko
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I remember spending more time in the gaming boards than the top half.

Rengori
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't remember. I do remember actually playing FF back then.

Venom65437
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Really hard for me to say... I was a lurker forever until I started posting. But judging by my low post count... I'm still pretty much a lurker. I do remember I finally joined and started posting when I was living in Tallahassee and not too happy with things though...

Freya
10-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I wasn't on very much. I was kinda active, but not really. It wasn't till my second year that I started posting more and what not.

demondude
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Give me half a year and I'll tell you. :p

Fonzie
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't remember. I do remember actually playing FF back then.

This is my answer.

Captain Maxx Power
10-28-2007, 09:56 PM
I seem to remember it being fun until a certain member was particularly mean to me. So I retreated away. For many moons I was an outcast. Then I learned about the ways of the Pirate. I became more than a man, and came back stronger than ever. And 'lo, twas awesome.

Levian
10-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Some samples from a survey I took in 2002:

Weight: 60 kilo ,don't know my wight in pounds...

3 Things You Love About Your Body:
1. it's able two sleep

3 Things you want to do/have happen to you before you die:
1. make a fool out of someone at school who thinks his so tuff

Fetishes? i dont know all the american words and this is one of them:)

3th grade

Have you ever contemplated suicide? contemplated? what's that?

Lace or Satin? what's lace? okay I answer lace!!:)

So yeah, I guess you could say I learned this funny language called English.

oh and lolz at this one:

Which forum do you visit the most? FFVII and eyes on eachother

eoeo? :laugh: man I crack myself up sometimes.

Jess
10-29-2007, 12:55 AM
I can't remember. I couldn't even remember that I joined here in 2002 so I rejoined in 2005. xD

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-29-2007, 01:03 AM
I was really active my first year. Then after that I sort of died. LJ took my soul, tbh.

Old Manus
10-29-2007, 01:35 AM

1. it's able two sleep

3th grade

oh and lolz at this one:

eoeo? :laugh: man I crack myself up sometimes.
You the win internet

theundeadhero
10-29-2007, 03:06 AM
I didn't post anywhere outside the gaming forums that year. I didn't even look at the other forums more than once, and that was enough to figure out all the regulars back then were just weirdos. Now, I hit the I registered my first time six years ago this month.

I Took the Red Pill
10-29-2007, 03:08 AM

1. it's able two sleep

3th grade

oh and lolz at this one:

eoeo? :laugh: man I crack myself up sometimes.you forgot the part where you refer to yourself as Da(m)niel.

Levian
10-29-2007, 03:16 AM
No, I didn't.

I Took the Red Pill
10-29-2007, 03:20 AM
What.

Misfit
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Effoff was so much funner when I first joined, and all I used to do was post in general chat 'cause that's where the action is at. 8-)

Loony BoB
10-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Too far back and too much happened, but not of major importance to most people here so it's not really much of a point bringing it up. D= All my posts from my first year are gone now, too.

EDIT: I was wrong, there are still 17 posts from my first year at EoFF remaining here. :p

Peegee
10-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow, my first year? *thinks back*

I didn't know half of you vets, because I didn't really make friends in EoFF. I probably annoyed a lot of people with my pseudointellectual philosophical babblings (I still do, but now it's intentional). I also posted more in the FF8 forum back then. Today I just look at it and go 'wait there was a thread about this 6 years ago how many FF8 threads could you possibly make?'.

Kirobaito
10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Let's see... I joined in July 2001, and spent pretty much all my time posting in the gaming boards. I did Raistlin's FF7 Trivia for a bit, I remember. Maybe some sort of EoFF Survivor game, though that may have been a bit after that. In February of '02, I started doing FF Supreme which took up my life for many a month. Over a year, I guess.

I don't remember much of the community then. My earliest memories of the community at EoFF was '04-ish.

Chemical
10-29-2007, 07:05 PM
I think people liked me

escobert
10-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I was a dumb nub nub. And like 14.

Peegee
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I think people liked me

Yer a gurl. If you were treated in any way other than 'amg asl cibur?' I would be shocked.

ps: amg asl cibur?

theundeadhero
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I've been able to find four posts of mine from before the pruning, which is strange. My account got pruned in the pruning, but the posts are still there. Wouldn't they have disappeared when the account disappeared?

Jojee
10-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I dunno, it was an EZboard mostly, and I was a mod :p I had my first "online wedding" and EoFF's first forum wedding haha (except it was called The Highwind), it was with clOuD xD I remember when The Highwind beat Final Fantasy: In Depth as the most active FF EZboard ^_^

Peegee
10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey Jojo does that mean you were one of the first users in this forum?

Just confirming the obvious.

Jojee
10-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Hey Peegee does this mean you're a Chinese Azn? Just confirming the obvious ^__^

Denmark
10-29-2007, 10:13 PM
My first year at EoFF was my least active. I wasn't around at all.

Ouch!
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I hid in the writer's corner and the FFXI forum.

After reviewing some posts from my early years here, I've decided that I was quite the little piece of crap.

Chemical
10-30-2007, 02:44 AM
no no really!
I think people thought of me as cute and innocent and bubbley
I was nominated nicest member even!

Times they are a changin'