PDA

View Full Version : my computer owns your soul

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-28-2007, 11:07 PM
finally got a kickass computer for my birthday (which is tomorrow :))

it came with windows vista, which is totally new to me, anyone know how to.....find out where my history, favorites, search, and make my home default to blank

and also any suggestions on how to transfer files quickly?

edit: how do i check my specs?

Discord
10-29-2007, 12:24 AM
anyone know how to.....find out where my history, favorites, search, and make my home default to blank

If you're referring to the Internet Explorer 7, just hit ALT and the menu-bar will show up.

and also any suggestions on how to transfer files quickly?

I presume you're talking about copying files from your old pc to the new one. Either LAN, firewire or USB2 will do.

edit: how do i check my specs?

Type in DXDIAG in the search field and run... DXDIAG!:p

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-29-2007, 12:28 AM
k thanks :p i have this usb cord and somewhere it has a place where i can put another usb its called 3d reach, whats 3d reach :confused:

o_O
10-29-2007, 12:43 AM
3D Reach appears to be a series of wifi cards/adapters.

If you want to set your homepage/history/favourites/search to blank I'd imagine you'd just have to do it manually, but then I wouldn't know because I don't use IE. :p If you want the menu bar to be there permanently (like it should) then I think you can right click where it normally is and select it.

When Discord said USB2, I think he meant to use a USB pen drive. That's probably the easiest, though transferring via a LAN is better if you set up shared folders.

For basic specs, on your keyboard hit Window+Break. It'll bring up the system properties dialog.

Discord
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
[...]For basic specs, on your keyboard hit Window+Break. It'll bring up the system properties dialog.

I didn't know that one... I doubt that I'll remember it either.:tongue:

Ayreon
11-08-2007, 04:10 PM
To transfer files easily, get an external hard-drive. It worked well for me, and now I have 300 gigs of extra storage to boot.

escobert
11-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, external HDs are orgasmic. Anything I might want to switch from computer to computer I just store on there. It makes sooo much easier!