PDA

View Full Version : Random Battles

Siegfried
10-29-2007, 06:07 AM
I ran into a battle with one guest and only one enemy, the guest being a random knight 20 lvls higher and better gear and the enemy essentially the same but as a monster...what happened?

The Amazing Spiderman
10-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Wasn't that a battle in Zeklaus Desert?

Male Knight, versus one of those Minotaur monsters?

It's one of those ramdom battles that they put on the game to either entertain you, or give a challenge, like the monks, the ninjas....in this case, you can only see the battle. You can't steal his equipment, and he doesn't join your party. =/

Gilthanes
10-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Theres actually quite a few battles like this. Off the top of my head

-the knight vs minotaur in zekalsu
-the friendly chocobo surrounded by other chobobos/goblins in mandalia
-the chocobo vs minotaur war (I think thats the matchup, might be like, minotaurs vs hydras) in the finath river

Creeping Shadow
12-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Ive fought a group made up of all ninjas. That was an interesting one, I got one to join my team.

BG-57
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
FFXII employed something similar with monster duels. The difference is here if the Guest loses, it's counted as a loss in your statistics.

The Amazing Spiderman
12-08-2007, 04:38 PM
There was another rare encounter at Germinas Peak (?):

You have to enter the place from Zarghidas Trade City. Reaching it from Poeskas Lake won't work, as you occupy their positions on the battle.

The rare encounter consist of a group of chemists and Mediators, but the important thing is that they carry rare guns! Not all of them, but at least you can expect them to have 2 guns.

You can get the Stone Gun, Blast Gun, Glacier Gun, and Blaze Gun that way, if you couldn't get them.

Another "rare" encounter, is at deep dungeon, at VOYAGE.

You can face a lot of archers there, and the good thing is that sometimes an archer of them may carry a Yoichi Bow. (I've got an extra one this way.)

And at last, there was this interesting encounter at yuguo woods, a group of samurais that have one of each katana equipped. Except the rare ones, thought.

RedCydranth
12-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I dunno if you encountered this in the PSX version or the PSP version, but in the PSX version, this isn't anything special. I used to get weird battles of this sort all the time. My favorite was the dragon war on Mandalia Plains.

Roogle
12-10-2007, 10:03 PM
You can get the Stone Gun, Blast Gun, Glacier Gun, and Blaze Gun that way, if you couldn't get them.

You will know whether or not an opponent has the Stone Gun because its data contains a flag which places its wielder under the Petrify status in every battle.