PDA

View Full Version : Favorite shortcut?

FF1_Geek
10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm wondering what everyone's favorite FF1 (NES) shortcuts are, the sort of things that you do to make the game quicker or easier. No hacks, please.

These are my two:
1. Leveling up at the well-known 2x2 "finger point." If you have a strong attacking team or a couple of Fir2 or Hrm2 and bunch of TENTs, this makes the early leveling-up a breeze. Before I found out about this I would spend hours fighting OGREs. No thanks.

2. After defeating Lich and getting the canoe, I like to next go to the Castle of Ordeals. There's a ton of stuff there useful for parties of all levels including: Heal Staff, Zeus Gauntlet, Gold bracelet, and the Ice Sword.

Lenneth
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I'd say my favourite is getting the airship before getting the Fire Crystal. And then get everything that comes along with the airship (spells, class change, etc).

ValiantKnight
10-29-2007, 10:33 PM
its also fun to go all the way through the Mirage Tower and Floating Fortress before going after the Fire Crystal.

Lenneth
10-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Yep.

Creeping Shadow
12-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Getting the airship and killing all the last 3 fiends with an overpowered party:)

Heath
12-08-2007, 09:25 PM
its also fun to go all the way through the Mirage Tower and Floating Fortress before going after the Fire Crystal.

Must admit that I've never done that. I'm really boring and haven't really done much sequence breaking in games except in stuff like Metroid. I'll have to try that for myself next time.

theundeadhero
12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
See the thread I made about black belts saving the world to find out exactly what I do.