PDA

View Full Version : Do you speak Al Bhed? I wanna Learn :)

thr33chears4Rikku!
10-30-2007, 07:42 AM
who's fluent eh?

Renmiri
10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I use a web page to translate it :D

BG-57
10-31-2007, 04:08 PM
As do I. It's fun to converse online, but I couldn't pronounce Al Bhed to save my life. And I tried a couple of times.

Little Blue
10-31-2007, 05:23 PM
I made my own program to translate it, cos I ain't, nor do I want to be!

Jessweeee♪
11-01-2007, 03:28 PM
E lyh doba eh Al Bhed, pid E lyh'd cbayg dra myhkiyka.

Markus. D
11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
TACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACITACI!!!!

Yar
11-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Here's a quick Al Bhed lesson for you.

English > Al Bhed
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
YPLTAVKREZGMSHUBXNCDIJQOW

Al > Bhed
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
EPSTIWKNUVGCLRYBXHMDOFQAJ

Some key words such as proper nouns and others do not translate:
EXAMPLES:
Besaid Island
Tidus
fiend

While some sites will give you a "pronunciation", these rules tend to follow rules from the Japanese > Al Bhed cipher.

Example:
Tu oui cbayg Al Bhed?
(Do you speak Al Bhed?)

How it sounds when used in the game:
Tu wee k'BAYG Al Bhed?

How some sites may instruct you to pronounce it:
TAY-oo oh-oo-ee ku-BAY-ah-HAY-gay Al Bhed?

Which ever you prefer to use is fine. The speech in the game doesn't use the second example, rather sticking to the first. I choose to use the first also.

Some ways you may practice would be to obviously first memorize the cipher, that way you know how to translate all words. But, don't try to learn the cipher alone. Eventually try to learn the words as words just like if you were to study another language. Don't think of the word "example" as "E-X-A-M-P-L-E" goes to "A-Q-Y-S-B-M-A", try to think of it as the the word "aqysbma".

That's all for now. Hope that helps! Feel free to PM me with question or if you'd like to throw some Al Bhed around. :D

leader of mortals
11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
i learned a few words by myself like awesome(yfacusa), sorry(cunno), oui(you), and others said in the game... and I used a web translator page to learn other thing(I think you're hot... E dreig oui'na rud)

Markus. D
11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
TACI~~~~~ :3

I love the code, It's an interesting language that I could never be fluent at :]

Yar
11-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Cusadesac bnuhihleydeuh ec cesbma yht udran desac ed ec jano tevvelimd. Dryd ec fro bnuhihleydeuh ec dra ryntacd bynd uv dra myhkiyka. Dra nacd lyh pa jano cesbma.

Ymdruikr E fuimt hud luhcetan socamv "vmiahd", E fuimt, rufajan, luhcetan socamv "ytjyhlat".

^Have fun with that.^

10-Breaker
11-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Kweh... I took this as a challenge 2 years ago. In one year I could translate half of the words and pronounce them right. Maybe I try to learn it completely after school. Since I have forgotten everything. Finnish school is hard so I don't have time for Al-Bhed. ;(

~Hikaris~Uta~
01-16-2008, 11:14 PM
I use to speak it, but I've completly forgotten it, i remember these days FFX was my big thing at the time, brings back memories:greenie:

Deodorized
03-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I used to use a translator for some other Forums I did, and eventually, I found myself using the translator less and less as time went on.

Today, I rarely ever use the translator. ((There are occasions where coffee just won't cut it for brainpower.))

Cugi U meut, ewdih e znuci, ayo zyr'd omi ud ed ecc.
Kyyt cosg, ert tyr'd kufi ob!

Skyblade
03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
TACI~~~~~ :3

I love the code, It's an interesting language that I could never be fluent at :]

It's not a code, it's a cipher. It is semi-pronouncible, which most ciphers aren't, because each vowel is traded out for another vowel (Y is treated as a vowel in this case). This means that the number and positions of the vowels stay the same in most words, which is crucial to pronunciation.

Kasou
03-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I use a translator - but I think I pronounce it just fine. I often read text along with my FFX/-2 games and it matches how the characters say it (that is - if I haven't picked up many primers already xP). I blame it on the fact that I used to (yes, USED to) be able to speak Welsh fluently and the vowel pronounceation is somewhat similar.
And I'm used to reading what looks like gibberish :bigsmile:

BardTard
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Cunaputo ramb! Drana ec y lnaabo tita (lol tita) vummufehk sa!!! Ra femm hud raifa sa ymuha! :crying:

Anno Domini
04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
if you want a translator go to Final Fantasy Project :: Final Fantasy X :: Al Bhed Translator (http://ffproject.net/ff10/albhed/translator.php) and you go there

Saber
07-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Didn't they change the language from X to X-II

lulusgirl
07-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm actually pretty fluent !!!!!!!!
5 years ago I wanted to learn so I printed out the key and memorized it.
Now I can write it and speak it because I also have the pronounciation key.

ReloadPsi
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Hell no. I punched the last person who tried to speak it to me. (I didn't.)

I'd rather learn to speak Welsh.

I Don't Need A Name
08-30-2008, 08:38 PM

QFT
i would never want to learn a language that uses french in it

demondude
09-02-2008, 01:24 PM

QFT
i would never want to learn a language that uses french in it

You do though! We use loads of French words in English.

(Brunette, Cuisine, Encore, Blond, etc)

BG-57
09-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I remember a story where a German general was explaining to a reporter that he wanted to eliminate all foreign words from his language. And then the reporter pointed out that General was a French word.

Namelessfengir
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
i think at some point i translated my passwords from english to albhed and then into 1337... going back doesn't really work out that well....

i had a question about those ciphers: why did they only have twenty five letters? the top one was missing f

lulusgirl
09-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I remember a story where a German general was explaining to a reporter that he wanted to eliminate all foreign words from his language. And then the reporter pointed out that General was a French word.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA
This is the best comment ever.
But I think that people should learn Al Bhed...because it is awesome.