PDA

View Full Version : Facebook?

Baloki
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Are you on Facebook? Did you know theres a group for sad geeks like us who visit this forum? You should all join! Also do you reckon theres actually a physical copy of this book of face?

Flying Mullet
10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Lies, all lies!

Bunny
10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I am, unfortunately, a member of the Facebook community. I have three friends.

Candle Jack
10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello, boys.

Peegee
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I think it is my fault and .. Joy's ? fault? I remember inviting Agrias and she (Joy) was like who's Alice Flororororaooboboroogur?

Jess
10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
I have a facebook but I only use it for keeping in touch with people I know for real. :jess:

Iceglow
10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
I do believe I am a member of the Facebook eoff community. At least I have the undead hero and several other people in my friends list, if you do add me then please when it comes up with the "how do you know this person" put "eoff" or send me a message too so I might realize quickly who the heck you are.

Jojee
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I have facebook, it's spiffy :3 Join the EoFF group. ^_^

Vermachtnis
11-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I joined the group, yay!

Vincent, Thunder God
11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't have need for facebook so I can't join. I'm all for such groups conquering as much cyberspace as possible though. Keep the good work up, chaps!

Jon Thompson
11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't have need for facebook so I can't join. I'm all for such groups conquering as much cyberspace as possible though. Keep the good work up, chaps!

In otherwords, yay solitude?

Vincent, Thunder God
11-01-2007, 06:55 PM

In otherwords, yay solitude?

Well it's solitude only in a physical sense. You're not there, greeting your friends with your actual presence, but when they're online too, you know that you're together in a metaphysical sense. It's a very unique form of socializing.

That's not to say that it doesn't have its drawbacks. I don't like not being able to see my friends and interact with them, spend time with them etc. That's what my off line friends are for.

But think about it - where else can you socialize with people on the other side of the world? Where else can you have as much anonymity as you want, yet still enjoy socializing?

That's what I love about good communities like eoff.

Roto13
11-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Anonymity is for freaks and weirdos. xP

Vincent, Thunder God
11-01-2007, 08:25 PM

We're not all weirdos like you Roto! :p

Seriously though, I think that it can open discussion that just wouldn't happen in real life. A lot of people need help out there, so they come to EoEo and they feel free to put their hearts on their sleeves just because they know no one can make fun of them over it. Right now school and high school isn't a place that encourages being open about your problems and dealing with them - in fact, few places are, because people are too embarrassed they'll regret it forever due to being labeled as different or weird. People of all races, sexualities, etc. can come here and be accepted, and be open about things they might not be.

I personally come here because I like helping those people, or just giving them a place where they feel they can belong. I actually socialize quite a bit outside of the forum, but I come here for something different, mostly to help and advise people who would never come to me for advice in real life. I find it rewarding. And when that becomes taxing, as it inevitably does, I hang out here in GC.

Also, not knowing who the person really looks like doesn't add that sort of automatic discrimination you have against people who - might not look that amazing, if you catch my drift. But that means it's all about learning of their personality, with no physical signals getting in the way of that. Personally I have no problems with my looks - I like who I am and what I look like. But there are a lot of people on here who might not be as confident in that department, so they focus on places where it isn't as prevalent.

smittenkitten
11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I tried to join Facebook but it wouldn't let me, because i'm not American or something. :(

Hazzard
11-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Who's a sad geek?

smittenkitten
11-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Who's a sad geek?
Dude we all are happy geeks. :cool:

Hazzard
11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Who's a sad geek?

Too true. :)

Jon Thompson
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM

We're not all weirdos like you Roto! :p

Seriously though, I think that it can open discussion that just wouldn't happen in real life. A lot of people need help out there, so they come to EoEo and they feel free to put their hearts on their sleeves just because they know no one can make fun of them over it. Right now school and high school isn't a place that encourages being open about your problems and dealing with them - in fact, few places are, because people are too embarrassed they'll regret it forever due to being labeled as different or weird. People of all races, sexualities, etc. can come here and be accepted, and be open about things they might not be.

I personally come here because I like helping those people, or just giving them a place where they feel they can belong. I actually socialize quite a bit outside of the forum, but I come here for something different, mostly to help and advise people who would never come to me for advice in real life. I find it rewarding. And when that becomes taxing, as it inevitably does, I hang out here in GC.

Also, not knowing who the person really looks like doesn't add that sort of automatic discrimination you have against people who - might not look that amazing, if you catch my drift. But that means it's all about learning of their personality, with no physical signals getting in the way of that. Personally I have no problems with my looks - I like who I am and what I look like. But there are a lot of people on here who might not be as confident in that department, so they focus on places where it isn't as prevalent.

Newsflash, over half the people on the internet act differently because of the anonymity. Just because they seem a certain way, doesn't mean they are. So really, it's the worst place to go for help with socializing. Parties are the best for that. You're with good, real friends and everyone is enjoying themselves. It's easy to meet new people and make new friends. Hell, in the last two weeks I've met tons of new people just from my friends, band shows and parties.

Flying Mullet
11-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Who's a sad geek?

Too true. :)
Yesh. :strut:

Jess
11-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I tried to join Facebook but it wouldn't let me, because i'm not American or something. :(
You can join facebook if you're British! :}

Flying Mullet
11-01-2007, 10:47 PM
But not if you're Scottish.

Boosk
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Lol oh lol oh lol!!! I joined the group. See if you can find meeeeee!

I use facebook to talk to friends that hate me so much they had to move away and go places for Uni...
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Araciel
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM

who the hell are you?

Iceglow
11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
SK, what the heck, you can join Facebook, try again maybe try the uk portal though Facebook.co.uk (should work)

rubah
11-02-2007, 02:28 AM
omp baloki stop spamming your facebook group!!!