PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 Games

basche12
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
i just have simple question. about how much memory will the average ps3 game take up?? i am getting a ps3 this weekend and i have never even held a game case to look at it. so i have no idea how much memory a game takes up. i love gaming but i never have a whole lot of games. maybe 10 to 20. so im trying to figure if i need to get the 40 gb or 80gb. im not worried about backwards compatibilay because i still have my ps2. but back to the point how much memory will some of the games take up

Slothy
10-30-2007, 11:36 PM
I have the 60GB and with seven games, and a ton of music, videos and demos downloaded I've yet to really top about 20GB or so. Either model will be fine really; if you want to save some cash grab the 40GB. You can always delete game installs and still keep the save files if you need space later on. It won't take long to reinstall a game later if you decide to play it again, and if you really want more space, you can always upgrade the harddrive later on.

JKTrix
10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
40GB should be sufficient, even if you do end up getting a lot of games. Gamesaves themselves aren't usually larger than a few megabytes, and the only thing that will really eat up space is if you use the 'install' feature on games like Ninja Gaiden and Virtua Fighter 5 to cut load times.

I've been getting by for the last 2 years with just 20 GBs on my Xbox 360. There've been times when I've had to delete things, but they were generally things I wouldn't use again (like demos of games I'd already purchased and Final Fantasy XI).

Dreddz
10-31-2007, 11:50 PM
40GB is enough. Actually, I think its still too much seeing as Sony arent offering downloads that are likely to take up that much space. It really just depends on how much stuff you want to put on there.

Like it matters anyway, if you buy a 40GB and find out you would of prefered an 80GB just remove the hardrive and put in another. I havent done this but I know people with PS3's rocking 120GB just from putting in spare hardrives they own.