PDA

View Full Version : The fireworks begin today!

Jess
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Bonfire night in the UK is on November the 5th.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1249/prettyfireworksea2.jpg

Do you like fireworks?

I lovelovelove fireworks. They're so pretty. I haven't seen any fireworks since New Years Eve! I've convinced Loz to watch some with me this bonfire night. Yay fun. :flounder:

oddler
10-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Dude, if that's what fireworks look like in the UK, I'm moving there. Ours around here are good but not that good. Mediocre, I guess.

Lynx
10-31-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah thats an awesome picture if its real. i love fireworks me and my family set a few off every year even though its illegal in my area. i usually go to firework shows whenever i find out where they're happening.

NeoTifa
10-31-2007, 06:58 PM
sweetness! our 4th of july ones suck. first you own us, then you pwn our fireworks. i hate you guys *sob*

Zeldy
10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm not such a big lover of fireworks. I got a spark in my hair when I was younger, I was at a family party and they let off fireworks in the garden as everyone stood watching. I was so petrifyed :(

A town near me as a "bommy" every year, and they usually have a huge bonfire aswell as profesional fireworks but apparantly they've scrapped the bonfire as people threw aerosols on it. I'll be there ^_^

Jess
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I got that picture off google image search because it was beautiful, but our fireworks are awesome at big professional displays. The New Years fireworks in London on TV are the best, but I've never watched those for real.

cloud21zidane16
10-31-2007, 07:13 PM
The UKs fireworks are great, espicially Londons ones:)

NeoTifa
10-31-2007, 07:25 PM
in columbus they have the red, white, and boom and im ususally in me dads appt. unfortunatally, he lives in the ghetto, so we cant watch it out the door, but we can hear it. we have to shut and lock all the doors and hide in the stairwell to avoid the stary bullets. i dunno they like to fire uzis and stuff on nye and 4th of july :( the neighbors expecially. so i hear the occasional boom of fireworks, tons of gunfire, ambulence and popo sirens, and screaming. XD some independance day, hiding in a stairwell.

Tallulah
10-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Hate 'em. :mad2:
[/Captain Bringdown mode]

But the proper choreographed (is that the right word?) ones in major public displays are alright. :)

Psychotic
11-01-2007, 01:00 AM
What I hate about fireworks is that people launch them for a bloody month around November the 5th. 2 or 3 days either side is fine, but before or after that is dumb.

Rye
11-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Remember, remember... :kaobeg:

Jess
11-01-2007, 01:17 AM
The 5th of November.

It's my brothers birthday. :jess:!

Marshall Banana
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I love Disneyland's fireworks show. My favorite part is the part that's dedicated to Star Tours. =O

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=6mAWr0Kwf7I" target="_blank">It's in this video.</a>

Miriel
11-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I love Disneyland's fireworks show.
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=6mAWr0Kwf7I" target="_blank">It's in this video.</a>

Oh my god, yes.

Disneyland fireworks are magical. Especially the fireworks show during Christmas. So beautiful. <3

Shauna
11-01-2007, 11:38 AM
When I was in Spain, there was this show, with a huge group of people who were parading up and down a street with fireworks on sticks. It was awesome and pretty and spinny. Although one of them FIRED OFF and flew right over my head. Scary stuff. But awesome. :D

Heath
11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
What I hate about fireworks is that people launch them for a bloody month around November the 5th. 2 or 3 days either side is fine, but before or after that is dumb.

Yeah, but it's really quite fun to laugh at the people who think launching them in broad daylight is a good idea.