PDA

View Full Version : Paine is Auron's daughter...

MKusanagi
11-01-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm sure people have done this topic over and over. Paine is Auron's daughter. Auron probably never got to know her because he[was killed by Yunalesca before then Discuss.

Renmiri
11-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I never seen anyone raise this theory before but would be cool

Crossblades
11-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Do you have proof to back up this theory?

Tavrobel
11-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Hi! Welcome to four years ago in fanfiction!

thr33chears4Rikku!
11-01-2007, 05:40 AM
well it doesn't sound so far fetched at all. In X-2 she starts out as a warrior and she also has a huge sword like auron did. It may actually be true :o. Who would be her mother then :o

Little Blue
11-01-2007, 09:36 AM
^^ If all you need to be related to each other in Spira is the same occupation and similar weapons, then I guess all of LeBlanc's goons are siblings, as are all of the Warrior Monks in FFX. That's no way to make a valid case for a link...

And for the record, Auron weren't a Warrior in FFX, I believe his role is more akin to a samurai, whereas Tidus is the Warrior.

No.78
11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Paine being Auron's daughter is possible, but that's it XD There's no we'll ever know =(

Raebus
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Paine isn't Aurons daughter, they just look alike thanks to lazy character designing. No proof.

Jessweeee♪
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
well it doesn't sound so far fetched at all. In X-2 she starts out as a warrior and she also has a huge sword like auron did. It may actually be true :o. Who would be her mother then :o

In FFX if you scan him his description says something about him being a warrior monk until he refused to marry someone. Maybe he got her pregnant and ran o:

Raebus
11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Lazy character Design.

Old Manus
11-01-2007, 03:15 PM
They needed the stereotypical broody and tactiturn character who starts off cynical but goes on an emotional journey through the game before finding the meaning of friendship and morals and-

lazy character design.

Little Blue
11-01-2007, 04:15 PM

In FFX if you scan him his description says something about him being a warrior monk until he refused to marry someone.

Yeah, the priest's daughter. Stopped him advancing in the ranks which led to him joining Braska since he was "doomed to obscurity for refusing the hand of the priest's daughter" (Jecht Sphere, Macalania, the one where Jecht is in a jail cell).

And since everyone else is saying it, and I agree: Lazy character design.

MKusanagi
11-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Highly disagree. You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh because you all are the same:hahaha: . Anyways, I love her design. If you really analyze her character she is very unique. She is not brooding and depressed. It's just her personality. She's like Auron in that they both think objectively and realistically but if you look from the angle that they might be father and daughter it would certainly be an interesting idea. Auron, famed Guardian. Her daughter apart of a similar path in Crimson Force (or whatev...). It would be a pretty interesting twist. Although, I'm sure the creators will say "Nope. Not related." I love the character design. It may be cliche in that she carries a similar look to Squall but she is unique in her own way.
EDIT: And no there is no proof. It's just pure speculation. There are similarities between them that I don't think are there there just for "fitting the cliche" purposes.

rubah
11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Not a shred of truth to it; made me massively disappointed when I playe the game:(

Hazzard
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
No, their not related in the slightest.

Tallulah
11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I admit I thought this was going to be the case when I first started playing, too.

Though if you're honest, it would have been cheesy to have this as a real plot point. I much preferred the Paine/Nooj/Gippal/Baralai Crimson Squad backstory. It surprised me as I thought the Paine = Auron's daughter was going to come out.

Perhaps it was a deliberate red herring on Squeenix's part. :)

Markus. D
11-01-2007, 11:36 PM
The only relation is the hair color

So it's not lazy character design.

Probably not... but, who knows, maybe :]

cloud21zidane16
11-02-2007, 12:13 AM
His not her farther, i also think it would be a bit tedious and corny if he was:D

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2007, 12:14 AM
I still like my "Auron got the priest's daughter pregnant" theory :(

MKusanagi
11-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I, for one, am for the theory. It has some interesting plot behind it. I love the backstory in X-2 but to add that she is Auron's illegitimate child is fantastic. It just adds a gallon more of BAMF to her character.

rubah
11-02-2007, 03:23 AM
well, she's got lulu's weird colored eyes, and there's a considerable following for luluxauron. . .

Big D
11-02-2007, 06:24 AM
When the party is fighting Vegnagun in the Farplane at the end, Auron's spirit speaks to them:

Originally uttered by Auron in his unmistakeable badass tones
Yuna, Rikku, Paine! Now is your time, you must defend it!Or something broadly similar.
It's interesting that he knows Paine's name, though presumably he'd have heard the others address her... Still, it's food for thought.

I don't subscribe to the theory of Paine being Auron's daughter, since nothing hints at overtly in either game. It's strange that Auron would never learn he had a daughter, or that he'd ignore her completely if he knew about her.

When I first saw Paine and noticed her personality, I was hoping intently she'd turn out to be a relative of Lulu. Since Lulu's parents died when she was fairly young, I figured that she might've been unaware that she had a new-born sister when Sin attacked - or maybe she assumed Paine had died in the attack, and just never spoke of her.
But then, the only 'evidence' of this is the fact that they have the same skin and eye colour, and broadly comparable personalities and fashion sense:p

Markus. D
11-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Maybe it will take an FFVIII like twist and it will be true that they are all Blood Sisters (Instead of Orphans ... etc).

o.o

Dr.M
11-02-2007, 02:27 PM
ive always liked this theory. sure, theres no evidence in the game that she is but their personalities and fashion scene are very much alike. lol!...it could have been like VIII and lil yuna and lil paine could have been toddler friends! haha. yeah, right. oh well, the lulu/auron love child thing sounded good too. but meh. we dont even really know where paine and lulu are from. lulu always seemed TOO fancy for a true besaidian.

Raebus
11-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Character Design. Similar. Taking traits from the coolest characters to make them into one character that has all the cool traits. ETC

MKusanagi
11-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I think people think too cynically. It's okay to pretend the creators aren't just out for a buck...

rubah
11-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Well, when you get served such blatant fan service, it's hard to do anything but xD We try though, some of us!

rikkupainegoofydonald
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Paine must be Auron's adopted daughter.

Renmiri
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
And she will eventually discover she is Seymour's half sister, separated at birth.

Soap Opera meets FFX

MKusanagi
11-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Not before she finds out Wakka dateraped her.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2007, 07:28 PM
It's not a "theory," guys. It's fan fiction. And you can put that in the Writer's Corner.

Everyone else, sorry this was allowed to go on for so long.