PDA

View Full Version : Meet me down in the bar! We'll drink breakfast together.

Jess
11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8143/cocktail1nq0.jpg

Cocktails are yummy and ususally super pretty, too! So, let's talk about cocktails.

I started to experience wonderful cocktails on holiday this year. I'd never really tried them until then, because they always seem to be super expensive here in England! My favourite cocktails are: Blue Lagoon, Sex on the Beach and Strawberry Daiquiri.

Blue Lagoon: Blue curaçao, Vodka and Lemonade/Lime.
Sex on the Beach: Peach Schnapps, Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice & Pineapple Juice.
Strawberry Daiquiri: Crushed Ice, Strawberrys, Lemon Juice, Crème de fraises and White Rum.

Yummy! I've recently come to love a cocktail from Wetherspoons, too. It contains 2 x WKD and Port. It's soooo yummy (and cheap!).

I like that in some cocktails you get those cute little mini umbrellas. I put them in my hair. :jess:

If you don't like cocktails, then you can use this thread to complain about them instead. How can you not like cocktails?! :excited:

escobert
11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I've never really had ant cocktails. If I'm drinking it's mainly just beer and maybe a long island ice tea once in awhile.

Jojee
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I've had sex on the beach and strawberry daiquiri but the non-alcoholic kinds :p *noob*

No, not that kind of sex on the beach either. xD

Misfit
11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't like alcohol, but I wanna try one just 'cause they're so pretty~! ;_;

Breine
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I like them.. but if they weren't so darn expensive I'd probably love them. Anyway, Piña Colada is teh best!1!

Jess
11-01-2007, 04:27 PM
There are lots and lots of non-alcoholic cocktails! :o

Misfit
11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
There are lots and lots of non-alcoholic cocktails! :o

A cocktail isn't a cocktail without the ... tail!

MKusanagi
11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8143/cocktail1nq0.jpg

Cocktails are yummy and ususally super pretty, too! So, let's talk about cocktails.

I started to experience wonderful cocktails on holiday this year. I'd never really tried them until then, because they always seem to be super expensive here in England! My favourite cocktails are: Blue Lagoon, Sex on the Beach and Strawberry Daiquiri.

Blue Lagoon: Blue curaçao, Vodka and Lemonade/Lime.
Sex on the Beach: Peach Schnapps, Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice & Pineapple Juice.
Strawberry Daiquiri: Crushed Ice, Strawberrys, Lemon Juice, Crème de fraises and White Rum.

Yummy! I've recently come to love a cocktail from Wetherspoons, too. It contains 2 x WKD and Port. It's soooo yummy (and cheap!).

I like that in some cocktails you get those cute little mini umbrellas. I put them in my hair. :jess:

If you don't like cocktails, then you can use this thread to complain about them instead. How can you not like cocktails?! :excited:
Can you be more alcoholic for me, please?

Blizade
11-01-2007, 05:02 PM
drinking is like a art. you get good at it after a while.
Margaritas are the best, and Bacardi straight from the bottle...yum

Zeldy
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
when In Tenerife, we went to an American cocktail bar and I had a Woo Woo, all I can remember is that it had Cranberry juice in it aswell, My Mum had a blue one, I can't remember it's name. It was sooo nice ^_^

cloud21zidane16
11-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont drink cocktails much, only on holiday but the ones Jess listed are really nice;)

smittenkitten
11-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I only have Cocktails on holiday and the last one I had was Sex on the Beach. :)

Loony BoB
11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I just realised why they're called cocktails. They look like the tailfeathers of cocks in that picture!

I only like cocktails of the non-alcoholic variety.

Miriel
11-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Is strawberry daiquiri a cocktail? I love 'em. So soooo much.

Jess
11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Is strawberry daiquiri a cocktail? I love 'em. So soooo much.
Strawbree! :heart:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't drink alcohol. It's many negative effects I have listed many a time, and am loath to do so yet again. So I'll leave it at that.

smittenkitten
11-01-2007, 09:02 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Reaha/sobct.jpg
That was the best pic I could find of the cocktail I liked.

Iceglow
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Jess, I'd suggest comming to London and having some drinks with me, I know a pub with "The Seven Deadly Sins" and "The Addams Family" Cocktails they're YUMMY! My favourite is Envy (Creme de menthe, Creme de cacao, Kahula, Vodka, Some other spirits, Cream) But if you're going for cocktails served in a Wetherspoons or somewhere I'd have to say, Long Island Iced Tea or Blue Lagoon are nice.

Heath
11-01-2007, 11:22 PM
A band called The Seven Deadly Synths would be better than a bar called The Seven Deadly Sins, Iceglow.

Woo Woo cocktails are nice, as are Bullfrogs which have the fantastic effect of making you rather hyper and then mildly drunk. Brilliant. I don't drink much, but I quite enjoyed those two.

Iceglow
11-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I know a pub with "The Seven Deadly Sins" and "The Addams Family" Cocktails

A band called The Seven Deadly Synths would be better than a bar called The Seven Deadly Sins, Iceglow.

Note Heath; the cocktail series are called the 7 deadly sins and the addams family. The bar they are served in is called "The Marlborough Head" Psychotic has been there, he didn't try the cocktails (actually neither did Xander when she came) Theres 7 cocktails in the 7 deadly sins hence the name. It used to be if you drank 1 test tube shot of each you'd get a T-shirt promoting them (and a certificate) And even though myself and Jack raised the bar by drinking a pitcher of each one between us we did not get T-shirts or Certificates (we even stopped for a "breather" by drinking a pint of snakebite) which was a disappointment since a 3/4 pint pitcher carries a lot more than 1 test tube.

NeoTifa
11-01-2007, 11:35 PM
alcohol=badness

XxSephirothxX
11-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I like strawberry daiquiris, if they're made well. A lot of the time it's some fake chemical mix strawberry flavoring and that stuff's not so good.

Miriel
11-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I like strawberry daiquiris, if they're made well. A lot of the time it's some fake chemical mix strawberry flavoring and that stuff's not so good.

Whip cream + REAL strawberries on top = best daiquiri ever.

Jess
11-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I've never seen a strawberry daiquiri made with anything other than real strawberrys, but that might just be me! :jess:

Tallulah
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Walkabout do this amazing cocktail called Illusion: Malibu coconut rum, Bacardi run, blue curaco, and pineapple juice.

They used to do it in pint glasses for a fiver apiece (good old days!) but they now do it in smaller glasses at £2.70 a pop. You can get 2 for £5 though, and pint and a half pitchers for about £7.

Tell you what though. Never. Ever. Drink. Snakebite. Or even mix lager and cider. The result can be fatal. :eek:

MKusanagi
11-02-2007, 02:20 AM
alcohol= <STRIKE>badness</STRIKE>goodness
I just couldn't watch that happen. I changed it for our friendship's sake. If I'd let you get away with that one we just couldn't be friends anymore.

Jojee
11-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I jsut had sex on the beach tonight and it was awesome!!!!!!! :jess:

smittenkitten
11-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah it is really good isn't it? :love:

I first tried it in Tenerife. :cool:

Shauna
11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm not old enough to have alcohol. :shifty:

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2007, 03:08 PM

Yeah it is really good isn't it? :love:

I first tried it in Tenerife. :cool:

I think that has just won the history of quotes.

Rengori
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not old enough to have alcohol. :shifty:

Nothing stopping you anyway now is there?

Boosk
11-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Cheeky Vs = Love!:love:

I'm a White Russian kinda gal. All thanks to The Dude ^^

Heath
11-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I know a pub with "The Seven Deadly Sins" and "The Addams Family" Cocktails

Note Heath; the cocktail series are called the 7 deadly sins and the addams family. The bar they are served in is called "The Marlborough Head" Psychotic has been there, he didn't try the cocktails (actually neither did Xander when she came) Theres 7 cocktails in the 7 deadly sins hence the name. It used to be if you drank 1 test tube shot of each you'd get a T-shirt promoting them (and a certificate) And even though myself and Jack raised the bar by drinking a pitcher of each one between us we did not get T-shirts or Certificates (we even stopped for a "breather" by drinking a pint of snakebite) which was a disappointment since a 3/4 pint pitcher carries a lot more than 1 test tube.

Note Iceglow; I may have deliberately ignored the factual aspects of your post to make a cheap gag. I don't have a classy t-shirt to give you, but if it did and you didn't realise what my post was about, the t-shirt probably wouldn't be terribly complimentary.

kjguydftxyjy
11-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Wow. they are nice :D cocktails.

Jimsour
11-05-2007, 11:22 AM
http://netweb.files.wordpress.com/2006/02/GreatGuinness.jpg
The only drink for me.

NONE OF THAT COCKTAIL STUFF! Actually, dont mind cocktails but I hate making them because I do it for a living. Last time I had loads of cocktails was in Berlin (happy hour, too), me and my mates where drinking them all night and the next morning we where dead. Literally, we slept in til about 4pm and stayed in our room drinking water untill the bar was open again.