PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Worst Subject

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Mine is English at the moment. Reading and Grammar I'm super awesome with, but the writing kills me. I don't think I've turned in a completed research paper since the seventh grade. Right now I should be writing a paper on how MTV changed the music industry, but I worked myself into a corner and if I try to change anything I have to change ALL of my previous assignments this six weeks and my teacher will have to grade them AGAIN.

I hate writing. I especially hate research papers....AND WHY IS MLA SO SPECIFIC? I mean is it really that big of a deal if I don't indent properly or forget a period? Will the sky fall if I don't put the url in brackets?

Heath
11-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Generally used to be Design & Technology or Art. I'm generally strong in my academic subjects so I fell at little there. Last few years I was weakest in German and Physics, though the former was more due to a not so great teacher and not as much teaching time as was required for the course.

PuPu
11-02-2007, 02:19 AM
Probably English. Spelling and Vocab aren't much trouble; it's just that reading and analyzing literature I find ridiculous. With symbolism and theme and other literature jargon you could make the most trivial details seem more important than they probably should be.

Ex: "The color of this person's shirt represents some deep meaning towards life and human nature."

I know most of the time the author would put in symbols and such to try and make a statement about human nature, but it's just that I think simple descriptions and lines of text are stretched to the point where it's almost like you're giving more credit to the author than he/she probably deserves. Sometimes I like reading a story or play, but after over analyzing it looking for literary terms and such, it just makes me want to never read the story again. This is just one of the things I've never liked about English.

And I also hate writing. Especially writing persuasive essays in the five paragraph format.

Pouring Rain
11-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Right about now, probably US History. I always disliked Social Studies class.

Vermachtnis
11-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Biology, it was my favorite science in High School. I took it two different times! It's alot harder than it was two or four years ago.

NeoTifa
11-02-2007, 04:39 AM
english. ugh. im a creative person and can write poems and short stories like its nothing, but i cant write an essay to save my life. XD

calc is whippin me hard. im really good at math, but when i got in this class, my world came tumbling down lol

blackmage_nuke
11-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Music, i only really do it for fun

Peegee
11-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I suck at Psychology. The problem is that the subject is so technical that your answers have to be textbook perfect. It tricked me at first because I thought I could bs through it using lots of words but no. Less words, thorough explanation, gg no re.

Bah.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Math. I was pretty good in earlier grades, but once I hit Grade 10 it got VERY difficult for me (I ended up with a final mark of 65% when I usually get 80s or 90s), so instead of Grade 11 Math I decided to take the easier and more practical "Math for Everyday Life."

I'm also not that great at Science either.

I'm way advanced in English, and I'm great at most other subjects as well.

Levian
11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
In high school it was History, I don't like remembering years and stuff like that. Stupid years.

I struggled a lot with Maths too, but since I worked so much on it I got pretty good grades in the end.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 01:11 AM
English i have corse work that i need to do my teacher hates me we have to do this speach by ourselfs and it counts for 20% of my GCSE's i cant talk aloud to 30 ppl and you cant just read it to them you have to look up and use emotion in your voice im gonna fail :cry:

Shiny
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Chemistry. Science and Math should never be mixed.

eestlinc
11-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Administrative Law is pretty tough right now, but I still think I will do well. It's hard to tell the difference between Chevron deference, Auer deference, and Skidmore deference.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-04-2007, 05:23 AM

Amen.

James Leopold
11-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't get me started on science.....

Dell
11-06-2007, 12:52 PM
History and Language Subjects. I pretty much sucked in those subjects. :(

Tavrobel
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM

Wait until you meet Physics, which I'm failing btw.

fire_of_avalon
11-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Megan does not like any kind of math.

rubah
11-07-2007, 12:17 AM
It's hard to distinguish between 'worse' and 'least favorite' because I put more effort into excelling in the ones I like, so it's difficult to determine which I'm actually less talented with.

Scorewise, the obvious answer would be math, but I don't want to say that because I like it well, the same goes for choice #2 which is physics :D

Tavrobel
11-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Scorewise, the obvious answer would be math, but I don't want to say that because I like it well, the same goes for choice #2 which is physics :D

Apparently, the one thing Engineers don't do well in are the areas of their expertise.

My sister is a Chemical Engineer, and almost failed Chemistry.

leader of mortals
11-07-2007, 02:35 AM
social studies/global cultures......... NOT A BADGER

Jessweeee♪
11-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Detective Gumshoe's feelings will be hurt :(

leader of mortals
11-08-2007, 01:35 AM
I think Jessweeee failed the Badger sighting class

Jimsour
11-08-2007, 01:38 AM
My worst, and least favourite are the same subject.

Maths. Christ almighty I am :skull::skull::skull::skull:e at maths.

leader of mortals
11-08-2007, 01:40 AM
spelling too?

(e after :skull::skull::skull::skull:???)

Jessweeee♪
11-08-2007, 01:53 AM
I think Jessweeee failed the Badger sighting class

Are you kidding? I got an A++ in that class for sighting the rare Dancing Blue Badger, found near buildings of law enforcement!

leader of mortals
11-08-2007, 02:09 AM
is that a bad grade where you live... cause it cant mean the same as it does here

Araciel
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Absoultely Math/Physics.

Ashi
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
In school: history, geography, geology and chemistry.
College: Not entire courses but certain object oriented programming projects have kicked my ass!

Momiji
11-14-2007, 03:37 AM
For me, it's by far anything involving math. I'm horrible with numbers.

I'm pretty good at everything else though.

Resha
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Toss up 'tween Maths and Drama. I just sleep in Maths class these days; don't learn a thing. :( IT'S JUST SO BORING.

MKusanagi
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Hmmm...journalism. I suck at it and I hate it.

The Unknown Guru
11-15-2007, 01:06 AM
English. I have a perfect score on every spelling/vocab/grammar test since 7th grade, but I haven't finished a writing assignment since mid-8th grade. I just couldn't be bothered. The format they make us write in is stupid and formulaic; everybody's essays end up sounding the same.