PDA

View Full Version : What are some best places to..

Lionx
11-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Get EXP?
Get AP?
Get Gil?

^^; Been recently replaying the game and i forgot everything 83

abrojtm
11-02-2007, 05:19 AM
EXP/Gil--Dinosaur Forest... Shaped like a Dragon's head. I think it's like northeast of the Veldt.

AP--Cactaurs!! Just south of Maranda... 10AP per battle.

Lionx
11-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Thanks! *bow* ^^ Are these in WOB or WOR?

blackmage_nuke
11-02-2007, 06:08 AM
further more for ap you can go to the fanatics tower, but stay on the first level to level up your magic (wor)

the dragon forest is in wor as well

im not sure about cactuars

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Floating Continent is probably your best bet in WoB, and the only place you'll likely need to be level-grinding.

Flying Mullet
11-02-2007, 01:34 PM
WoR:
The desert south of Maranda is the best place to get exp, gil and AP all at once.

Cactaurs
- 10000 gil
- 0 exp
- 10 AP
Hoovers
- 10000 gil
- 7524 exp
- 5 AP

Be careful of the Hoovers there. They have a sandstorm attack that can wipe out a party that's not properly prepared or leveled enough. Cactaurs are easy to defeat with special skills, like Sabin's Blitzs (Pummel) or Edgars tools (Drill).

And as others have said, Dinosaur Forest is the best place for experience and the Fanatic's Tower is also good for AP. The nice thing about the Fanatic's Tower is that you don't gain exp there, so if you don't want to miss out on level-up bonuses or keep having to switch out espers to get the level-up bonus you want, you can learn magic worry free in the tower, then equip the espers with the best level-up bonuses and go get some exp.

WoB
BtV's advice on the Floating Continent is spot on. It has the best of everything in the WoB.

Gilthanes
11-02-2007, 04:24 PM
I usually take time to train on the floating continent for a while, if no other reason get a bag full of Gengi Gloves for later in the game when you regularly control 8-12 people at a time

Avarice-ness
11-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Or you could all just go to Zozo.

But don't listen to me, I'm biased.

Flying Mullet
11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
But don't listen to me, I'm biased.
Really? :p

NeoCracker
11-02-2007, 11:19 PM
If you just want a MAgic boost with no leveling in WoB, Just go Fight Intgirs on Triangle Island. 10AP, no experience.

If you don't care though, definately the Floating Continent.

Takara
11-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Another good place to gain AP (and gil) without worrying about levels is the Veldt. It's not the best places since encounters are so random there, but it's still an alternative if your levels are too low for the other places.